PDA

View Full Version : How long will cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper be around?

CherryVanillaDP86
07-21-2005, 09:16 PM
Because I really like it and will be sad to see it go. :(

[ 07-21-2005, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: CherryVanillaDP86 ]

ramonazo
07-21-2005, 09:41 PM
I hope that for a long time! TASTES GOOD!!

billygtexas
07-21-2005, 11:05 PM
It looks like its a strong seller, especally here in DP crazy Texas.

I hope Cadbury/Schweppes keeps it on the shelf. Wasnt there supposed to be other DP flavor varieties in the future?

iluvsurge220
07-21-2005, 11:36 PM
I don't like plain dr. pepper but cv is actually pretty good. I don't drink it that often so I probably won't notice it if it goes away.

XLS_04
07-22-2005, 12:48 AM
it is STILL not here in New England yet.

pepsidew
07-22-2005, 07:30 PM
it is selling great, i'd say it will stick around for awhile

redchucks219
07-23-2005, 12:43 AM
CV and Diet CV seem to be well stocked everywhere I go so I don't think it'll be leaving anytime soon.

I personally like it better than the original.

the saint
07-23-2005, 07:03 AM
I am sure OKlahoma City will be one of the last holdouts whenever Cadbury decides to discontinue same as we were for red fusion. Then again as well as it sells it may become a full time brand same as the caf free versions.

CherryVanillaDP86
07-24-2005, 01:28 AM
Well i thought it would go away because it was a limtied edition and be replaced with a new flavour. I hope it sticks around though. smile.gif

CherryVanillaDP86
07-24-2005, 01:29 AM
Well i thought it would go away because it was a limtied edition and be replaced with a new flavour. I hope it sticks around though. smile.gif

ramonazo
07-24-2005, 01:41 AM
Like Sprite Remix?

Mr Zabe
07-24-2005, 08:48 AM
When CV & CVDP first arrived in the Chicago stores, I was pretty much swept into the "honey moon" phase of lustness. :cool:

I enjoyed the somewhat unique flavor combination that pretty much blew me over. This honeymoon only lasted a few fridge packs. Soon, I found at CV and CVDP just did not have the depth of flavor that was distinguishing itself from DP.

I feel that the mass market,in more than a limited way has and will get to my own conclusion.
Why by buy CV & CVDP when the good old Dr Pepper and perhaps the best diet soft drink,Diet Dr Pepper still not only taste great but sell well in most of the USA.

The original DP and Diet Dr Pepper as we know it today is a hard soda drink to tweak. (Improve on.)

[ 07-24-2005, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Irishpepsi04
07-29-2005, 02:26 AM
Regular Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper is now spreading all over Western Washington just the past week. Saves me trips about 50 or 60 miles to the south which they had carried it since the beginning. Western Washington is served by PBG.

fizzbizz
07-30-2005, 09:11 AM
the diet version should be around for a long time. regular will have to earn it's keep. i heard they are planning to intro a new flavor next spring

pepsipimp
08-01-2005, 04:39 PM
It is doing extremely well here in Ohio. In fact my Wal-Mart Supercenter replaced the bottom shelf facing of Dt. Dr. Pepper with Dt. Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper because we couldn't keep it full on the smaller flavor shelf. I don't see it going anywhere especially since we are making it in 12pks, 20oz, 2L and possibly even 24 Packs.

whotony
08-30-2005, 11:08 PM
still no cherry vanilla dr pepper in southeastern pa, only diet cvdp

ramonazo
08-30-2005, 11:13 PM
I saw recently in the "NBA Stuff" magazine an ad of Dr. Pepper where appears the regular, diet, cherry vanilla and diet cherry vanilla versions...

And actually I remember when I was in San Antonio last new year's eve and I saw a lot of billboards with the Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper ad.

And I remember when I drink one bottle of Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper... sitting in a bench... around the San Antonio river... what a great moment!.

[ 08-30-2005, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Mr Zabe
08-30-2005, 11:45 PM
MrR
Have you been drinking too many soda pops this evening? LOL Both you and I associated our experiences with where and what soda pop we drink.
Call us weird but we love our soda pops.

ramonazo
08-31-2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
MrR
Have you been drinking too many soda pops this evening? Actually I haven't drink any soda today, I have a freaking cold today and drinking a warm soda for me is meaningless, so I better drank coffee today... LOL

[ 08-31-2005, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Stackups Immy
08-31-2005, 10:06 AM
still no regular Cherry Vanilla DP here in NY...have to drive to Pennsylvania for it =[

DPDude
09-01-2005, 01:57 AM
According to DPSU's original plans (last year at launch) both the regular and diet versions would be launched first in the Dr Pepper heartland (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri) and then spread to other parts of the country. Strangely enough the diet version is the main extension and is supposed to see the most widespread distribution and will stay on the market longer. Regular CVDP was slated to see spotty regional distribution and only be on the market for around six or eight months.

I think things have changed since then though. Regular CVDP is getting the spotty distribution but it looks like both flavors might end up being permanent line extensions since sales have really taken off. I called DPSU two weeks ago and their consumer affairs department stated that there are no plans to discontinue either one.

I even checked the availability of Red Fusion and it is still being produced in a few areas. In Texas only three bottling plants are producing Red Fusion, and they are Houston, Irving (Dallas/Ft.Worth), and Abilene (Ab-Tex Bottling.)

BottleBoss
09-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Strange that it has done so well. I barely taste the cherry or the vanilla flavor. But if it sells, why cancel it?

jmyjunk
09-01-2005, 05:10 PM
After a big of thinkning, CVDP is a bit too syrupy/sweet for my taste. Though it it is a good flavor, not a whole bottle.
Now, DCVDP, taste like choclate covered cherry flavored DP. (Perhaps it shouldn't but that what I taste.
I hope it's hear to stay.

SpaceGuy
09-02-2005, 08:54 AM
I agree with the analysis that dt Cherry Vanilla DP is in many instances outselling diet Dr Pepper (especially single-serve). In NY & Penn there is some talk of distributing Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper.

BATBL18
01-18-2006, 04:33 PM
REGULAR Cherry Vanilla DP is here in CT!!!!!!!

It has a good smooth cherry taste, with the nice Dr. Pepper taste finishing it off. I don't detect much vanilla in my first bottle. Ironically I have tried BCV Coke first. I have to say BCV Coke is a really good compliment of the flavors with the Coke. Both good soda's however not as an everyday drink. Only occasional soda's like Vanilla Coke was for me. smile.gif

[ 01-18-2006, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: BATBL18 ]

ramonazo
01-18-2006, 04:37 PM
I saw few stores selling Regular Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper in Vegas, but a lot of stores sell the diet version...

In fact I brought one regular cherry vanilla for home... :D

[ 01-18-2006, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

AzRocks
01-18-2006, 06:41 PM
i hadnt seen CVDP in NY until a cupple of weeks ago when it started to appear in cans EVERYWHERE. Yesterday was the first time that i saw a 20 oz., tho ive seen DCVDP in all sizes for a while now

mjb1124
01-19-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm in central NJ (Coke NYC territory), and Cherry Vanilla DP (non-diet) has been very prominent here for the last, I don't know, 2 months? In fact, it seems to be more prominent than the diet version now.

popologist
01-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by BottleBoss:
Strange that it has done so well. I barely taste the cherry or the vanilla flavor. But if it sells, why cancel it? i tasted the diet version, and, basically, i didn't notice much of a difference between it and regular diet dr pepper. it was good. but not too different.

SPLASTiK
01-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Diet finally showed up this week here in Vancouver, BC Canada.

Still haven't seen regular anywhere.

[ 01-19-2006, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: SPLASTiK ]

DMC
01-21-2006, 05:58 PM
i don't mean to keep falling back on the Coke sales rally, but there was a lot of info there. We distribute Dr. Pepper in our entire area, and a Dr. Pepper representative was at our rally. He said that when the Cherry Vanilla and Diet Cherry Vanilla fountain classics were released, they were only going to be for a limited time, and then they would release another fountain classic.(hence, berries and cream)

but, he added that since those two flavors have sold so well, far and beyond cadbury ever imagined, that they have decided that both regular and DCVDP will indeed be permanent fixtures in the Pepper family. so there ya go.

ramonazo
01-21-2006, 06:01 PM
WEEEEE! :D

Thanks for the info DMC!

[ 01-21-2006, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

DMC
01-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey, i do what i can.