PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Jacket soda?

iluvsurge220
07-21-2005, 11:47 PM
Yesterday at my local Mac's convienient store I purchased a Big Red Vanilla Float along with a pop called Yellow Jacket which I have only seen a few times. I had been afraid to try it for two reasons. One because the name made it sound like more of an energy drink than a soda, and two (i know this is gross but I can't think of any other way to describe it)because its color was like urine yellow. But, being the kind of guy who will try anything, I got it. Then I noticed that it had taurine in it! What is taurine??? Anyways the ingredients are carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup,citric acid,natural and artificial flavors, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate,caffeine, TAURINE, ester gum, modified food starch, and yellow 5. I think it's bottled by Browne Bottling Werks LLC in Oklahoma City, OK. Surely I'm not the only one who has ever heard of this.

DPDude
07-22-2005, 03:00 AM
Yeah, I tried that stuff last year on a trip through Oklahoma. Not very good in my opinion. I bought two 20oz bottles of it just to try and I'm glad I didn't buy more of it. Something to add to the collection.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Yes, it is an energy drink. I've seen it around, but I don't think I've tried it.

Taurine is essentially a substance(an herb I think) that's very similar to caffeine, much like guarana or ginseng.

SEV

the saint
07-22-2005, 09:33 AM
It comes from allamerican bottling. Browne is the owner and the yellow jacket is his own energy soda i guess is what it would be called. All american has plants in several states including OK,CO,KY,LA,MI,WI,KS not sure about others but I think that there are.It is a pretty big operation. It is pretty cheap stuff around here goes for like 2/$1 or so.

14floz
07-22-2005, 12:51 PM
they have it at a local gas station here for 4for a dollar i stocked up.

chrisok
07-22-2005, 05:39 PM
I think I tried it awhile back. I know I've seen it many times. Saint was right, it's pretty much in the 2/$1 area. Isn't it pineapple flavored?

iluvsurge220
07-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Gosh!! You all can buy that stuff for 4/$1 and 2/$1? It cost me like $1.29 for a 20 oz. what a ripoff! It kind of did have a pineapple taste, but the closest thing I could think of is those freezer pops. You know the ones we ate as little kids, where you could buy a box of 200 and just put them in the freezer. The Yellow Jacket energy drink/soda reminded me of the lemon flavored freezer pops which was a pretty good taste. I may try this stuff again, but I'm not going to pay that much for it. It is a pretty unique looking beverage though. I'll definitely save the bottle.

the saint
07-23-2005, 07:06 AM
It is odd that ou paid that much for it. I am sure it was bottled in Louisville,Ky. I believe that All American has a bottling plant there and I wouldn't think that they would ship it into Ky from elsewhere.

Shatter
07-23-2005, 10:05 PM
I bought some a year or so ago, and I liked the stuff. It's a pineapple flavored soda with a lot of energy drink ingredients in it. I was in Oklahoma last month, and I didn't see any around. But then, I'm having to keep away from sodas (I think I'm developing an esophageal ulcer), so I'd just pick it up for collecting.

IrishPrincess039
08-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know a website or have a picture of it? I'm trying to find it in Georgia if at all possible

Tri-Magnum
05-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Sadly Browne Bottler is no longer around. I used to get it at my local 7-11 but now it's space in the cooler has been replaced by some weird Punch soda :(