PDA

View Full Version : Odd "Suitcase" Sightings

Look In The Tunk
07-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Ok, out where I live, the "suitcases" [a Coke product in a 24 can pack] just don't sell. Only a few stores sell them, (Wal Mart mostly) and I never see anybody buy them. I don't know, probably because they're almost seven dollars.

For some reason at the Suffolk and Franklin, VA Wal Mart they sell suitcases of Minute Maid pink lemonade, Nestea, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and ... Diet Coke With Lime. That to me seems like the oddest choice of all. I mean I would expect Coke With Lime in a 24 pack since its so new than Diet Coke With Lime in a 24 pack. The Diet Coke With Lime and the Minute Maid is the slowest sellers. I finally decided earlier this week to take a Diet Coke With Lime 24 pack out of its misery (it expires sometime in September) and I brought it home with me.

http://photos22.flickr.com/27840924_8454550bd4_o.jpg

It'll probably take me 2 weeks to finish it.

Anybody else see any odd choices of suitcases around? This one time Brian from sodafinder.com showed me a pic of all the suitcases of Mr. Pibb he scored a few years ago. Before then I had never seen Pibb in a suitcase.

I've seen phoots of a Mello Yello and Coke II suitcase from a few years ago too.

TaB
07-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Mellow Yellow Melon suitcase from Roanoke, Virginia.

Hacksaw
07-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Well, in Reno (Squire Bottling) & here in San Jose (CCE territory) 12 pack fridge boxes are the "in" thing.

redchucks219
07-23-2005, 01:38 AM
I don't think i've seen suitcase's for quite some time where i live. Like hacksaw said it's mostly fridgepacks.

Android
07-23-2005, 02:59 AM
In Wyoming, Pepsi never went to "cubes" so they still do suitcases. But they don't seem to sell many of them. 12-can fridgepacks seem to be the package of choice these days.

In colorado I saw some Pepsi 36packs at Sam's Club I think a couple of weeks ago. That cube+1/2 layout they use seems a bit on the too-large side to me.

andy

Robot
07-23-2005, 04:45 AM
chicago still has quite a bit in terms of suitcases for coke, less so in pepsi, which mostly does cubes..

i used to buy coke II in suitcases here in chicago til like 2001-2002..

would have loved to gotten a mello yello melon suitcase.. good stuff!

Mr Zabe
07-23-2005, 06:35 AM
Like Jimmy O'Sullivan said there are still suit cases and cubes for all big three soda pop companies. Just about all flavorers are available is fridge packs.

As I said a while back,the major grocery stores, at lease near where I live, are devoting more and more shelf space to multi pack bottles (16.9oz,20oz and 24oz) and the smaller long neck glass bottles. I guess the soda pop market has trended to bottles. I know just about all of my A list soda pops taste better from an ice cold bottle.

[ 07-23-2005, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

the saint
07-23-2005, 07:59 AM
Don't know about coke but Pepsi makes a killing on their profits from the bottles. I am sure that is why there is more and more space dedicated to them. The profit on cans are slim to none.

TaB
07-23-2005, 10:08 AM
The only cube I get is on my Sundrop runs, but I do try to pick it up in glass as well.

Such good stuff, but I have to bike a long way away to get it.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by TaB:
Mellow Yellow Melon suitcase from Roanoke, Virginia. Man, Roanoke must be one of these fabled places of the south that's loyal to Mello Yello. Roanoke is also one of the only places in Virginia to get Vault.
[note to Vault: MOVE EAST DAMNIT]

Here, I've only seen Pepsi products in suitcase boxes, never Coke. And I can't even find them anymore.

SEV

MISTICman
07-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Well, now...
In Burlington, NC, Coke has it's standards and Dr. Pepper in suitcases.
As far as Vault in VA, the Danvile area carries it.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-25-2005, 09:23 AM
At Kroger this weekend, I finally saw a bunch of briefcase packs. Both Coke and Pepsi Products, 12 packs and 24 packs. I even saw briefcase packs of the little 8oz cans too.

SEV