PDA

View Full Version : Dallas DPSU selling Dublin Dr Pepper?

Shatter
07-23-2005, 10:39 PM
It looks like DPSU has started getting 6-pack 8 oz. glass bottles of Dr Pepper from Temple, Texas (bottlers of one-way bottles of Dr Pepper for Dublin, TX) to sell in the Dallas area. It's pretty weird, considering that a year or two ago, my store's Dr Pepper stocker told me that they were ordered by their higher-ups in the company to report any store selling Dr Pepper imported from Dublin. And now, they're selling it themselves. I don't really care, I'm just glad to have Dr Pepper made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar so easy to get. I've barely been drinking any sodas (or anything with acids) for months, but I couldn't resist drinking a bottle of Dr Pepper that was only four days old. Sweeeeeeeeeeet. :D

ROX Girl
07-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Are they producing Dt. DP? I get what you are saying about not being able to resist. It's some addictive stuff!

billygtexas
07-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Here in East Texas, Sams Club is selling 24 can cases of DP in cans with Imperial sugar. It's almost 2 dollars more than the regular DP case though.

Sadly I dont think most DP drinkers know or care about the difference real sugar makes in the taste. Most people just care about how cheap they can buy it for.

Unless C-S promotes it or brings the price down it proably wont last long. Imperial Sugar DP is really a cult cola, but I commend them for making it available to the general public here in Texas.

[ 07-24-2005, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

Mr Zabe
07-24-2005, 01:32 PM
I agree.
The mass market in Chicago wants hot sales prices.
DP with Imperial Sugar would be a flash in the pan. I would be digging it, I would pay the $2 surcharge with a big old smile.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-26-2005, 12:09 PM
If every soda in America was offered without HFCS, but with a higher price, that's all I would buy.

SEV

boodoo
07-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Hey Shatter, thanks for reminding me! The little guy paves the way again.

Hacksaw
07-29-2005, 05:50 PM
We taxpayers could save a fourtune if we drop the corn subsidies, and drop the sugar tarrifs. The result for beverages could be pleasing.

Maybe DC is still too afraid of Fidel Castro to drop sugar tarrifs. Even if you can't buy Cuban sugar, their output affect the world sugar price.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-29-2005, 08:00 PM
now the corn lobbies are so strong, they are up there with the NEA and surpass the AFLCIO/UAW by far

Shatter
08-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Sorry, Boodoo. I popped in to your place of business a month ago to pick up some Dublin DP to take to a friend in Oklahoma, and you guys didn't carry it anymore. I guess I know why now. :( I had to buy some old, musty tasting stuff from a little old-timey drug store in Irving's 'historic section'. It wasn't all that good.

I brought the Dr Pepper down to my sister's house in Louisiana, and she practically inhaled it. It makes up for the fact that I wasn't able to bring any Dr Pepper Jelly Belly jellybeans with me this trip, because every place around me has sold out of that one flavor.

boodoo
08-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Shatter,

I have been gone for almost a year now. The owner closed down my department. I was still selling Dublin DP through my own company. Not now!

Shatter
08-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Sorry to hear about that. That really sucks when your company puts you out to pasture. I hope your current company is doing well.