PDA

View Full Version : It's the cola

SamC
11-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Pepsi's new tag line. Strangely close to "It's the Real Thing", don't you think?

They dump celebrity endorcers for ads where animated food attaches itself to the product.

The theme is to encourage Pepsi ordering as an accompanyment to food. Pepsi has lost market share to non-cola products in the restaurant segment.

I would say this is lame, but with Coke having no apparent theme to its marketing at all, it is at least something.

teamtitan512
11-21-2003, 11:50 PM
Let's face it. Pepsi is lame. Pepsi blows.

I won't be happy until it gets called under its true name, its taste, "Brown Sludge".

fusion
11-21-2003, 11:57 PM
PBG's going to convert to Fridge Mates, according to Beverage Digest.

XLS2004
01-06-2004, 01:26 PM
i noticed the word pepsi-cola meaning "cola" is completly off of there packaging now on all there brands. it used to appear near the nutrition facts.

Shatter
01-07-2004, 04:28 AM
I got tired of all those "celebrity" commercials Pepsi came out with years ago. They use current celebrities and musicians (the word 'musician' is used loosely) like Britney Spears, The Spice Girls, and Austin Powers, and then they get oversaturated and eventually unpopular. There's nothing wrong with Pepsi's new ads, they focus on their drinks instead of semi-talented singers and flash-in-the-pan celebs.

karks88
01-07-2004, 12:13 PM
I actually think the one with Dave Chapelle and the robotic vacuum is pretty funny, won't get me to drink their soda though.

Hacksaw
01-09-2004, 06:54 PM
I must point out that Coke has had it's share of Celebrity ads, like Paula Abdul, Bill Cosby, & I even have a Petula Clark radio jingle on a DVD of mine from the 60's.

I'm not a Pepsi fan, but this subject goes both ways.