PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like Tab?

Ron
11-21-2003, 06:54 PM
I know some people who still prefer Tab to other diet colas. I tried it in the past and hated it - that awful Saccharin taste! Tried it the other day and it wasn't bad at all - better than Diet Pepsi.
Maybe it's because I've gotten myself to be able to drink Diet pepsi - due to too many places (like theaters) that carry it only and not Diet Coke. This shows how bad Diet Pepsi is.
Unless Tab now uses some sweetener other than Saccharin.

teamtitan512
11-21-2003, 11:42 PM
No, saccharin is the soda's lifeblood, because then it's nothing more than just another Diet Coke in disguise.

It's gone from the Cumberland area, but Central still has it in their Western VA sales centers in Fridge Packs. It disappeared here about a year ago.

fusion
11-22-2003, 12:06 AM
CCE Mid-Atlantic used to sell 20oz 6 packs (shrinkwrapped). When 16.9oz were introduced, the variety of 20oz 6pks was shrunk to just four varieties, Coke, Sprite, Diet, Tab. It was easy to get rid of them, because the bottles inside were the same bottles that were sold individually in coolers, so you could break them down. Well, except for Tab. It wasn't sold indivually anywhere. Some goofball broke a 6pk down once, and I figured, what the heck, I'd give it a try... I almost gaggged!! Ugh.

Anyway, after CCE brought out 24oz 6 pks, they got rid of the 20oz 6 pks. Tab is now sold in 6pk cans in Maryland. Philly Coke makes it in Fridge Packs, though.

ben
03-23-2004, 05:31 AM
dont like it