PDA

View Full Version : A letter to Coke Consolidated

Mello Yello Luver
07-28-2005, 12:27 AM
I plan to send this letter to Coke Consolidated in Charlotte. Tell me if you like it or not.

Dear Coke Consolidated,

Hi! My name is Matt and I live in PA. I am a big Mello Yello fan. And since you sell a lot of Mello Yello in the South, I always buy a lot of Mello Yello when I go to your territories on Vacation.

I am writing to you today because I am worried about Mello Yello in your selling areas. When I was in Myrtle Beach this year, your company seemed to be promoting this new citrus soda Vault. And Mello Yello appeared to be disappearing. And I have heard rumors that you are going to stop selling Mello Yello after the summer. Please Don’t!!!!

I am okay with you trying Vault. But please keep Mello Yello around. It has sold very well for Coke Consolidated for many years. And I know there is a very large Mello Yello fallowing in your territories. It would make lots of Mello Yello fan’s sad if there favorite soda disappeared from your territories in NC, SC, TN,VR, WV, AL, MS, PA, KY, and Florida.

Thanks for hearing my concern
Matt – Webmaster of http://drinkmelloyello.bravehost.com
Mello Yello’s #1 fan site

redchucks219
07-28-2005, 12:51 AM
Nice letter, i also like Mello Yello and hope it stays around even after Vault is realeased (if it is).

HomeGrown
07-28-2005, 02:45 AM
I'm a SURGE fan so i'm really hopping vault goes national. But even if it dose i would doubt they would pull mello yello compleatly they didn't when they lounched(granted they did scale it way back)SURGE so i wouldn't be to worried.

PS: you might wanna added Iowa (IA) to the list they sell mello yello all over iowa i can even find it in one fountain here in Las Vegas at a chucky chesses.

[ 07-28-2005, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: HomeGrown ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-28-2005, 09:46 AM
i would try spelling "following" that way. other than that, i'm sure your letter will fly

SaveCitra
07-30-2005, 11:14 AM
I also have never seen Mello Yello in PA, until the beginning of this month. It was on tap in a Regal Movie Theatre in Easton while I was going to see War of The Worlds. I haven't been back there since, but it is a safe bet that it is still there. Pibb Xtra was also there, and you don't often see that here.

gecko
07-30-2005, 12:59 PM
it would make lots of mellow yellow fans sad if THERE(should be their) favorite soda...

thats the only gramatical thing i could find.

Mello Yello Luver
07-31-2005, 06:17 PM
savecitra, Coke made a contract with REGAL CINEMAS (When they were switching to Coke)so Mello Yello is in all there fountains - nationwide. I was hoping that Coke would do the same thing with subway when they switched to Coke, but they didn't. It would of been a huge promotion for Mello Yello-having it nationwide in subways. But some Subway's hava Mello Yello in their fountains. There are about 10 Subways in the town I live. And only 1 has it.

[ 07-31-2005, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

Mello Yello Luver
07-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Bad news - I sent the letter to Consolidated via E-Mail on the 28th. Still no response.

karks88
08-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Don't worry, sometimes these places take awhile to reply. Just keep bugging them smile.gif

drpep
08-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Mello Yello Luver:
Bad news - I sent the letter to Consolidated via E-Mail on the 28th. Still no response. You sent on Friday. I doubt they respond over the weekend.

Mr Zabe
08-02-2005, 09:34 PM
I emailed a letter to Coca Cola recently. I received a response within 5 business days.
Maybe you should edit your message down to a few sentences. Make your point. Be super polite and business like in your message. Include your email addy and mailing address at the bottom of your message.

Letters and emails are read by a staff that reads 1000's of messages. Short and sweet and ask your question in a very clear way. I bet, you will get your next message answered.

[ 08-02-2005, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Mr Zabe
08-03-2005, 12:27 PM
I received 5 vouchers from Coca Cola in yesterday's mail for 2 ltrs. I sent an emil
complaining about the 1 ltr promotion.

I received a nice email followed by a snail mail letter with my vouchers. It's nice to get good customer service.

da987
08-06-2005, 05:13 AM
I often contact Coke here in Great Britain, normally for annual reports, point of sale advertising, etc etc.

They are really good and always respond. I recently wrote them a letter saying how disapointed I was with their new Fanta summer fruits soda. It has a mix of sugar & sweeteners. I told them that the saccharin overpowered it and they sent me £2 worth of vouchers. It will buy me 2 six packs on a buy 1 get 1 free.