PDA

View Full Version : Big Gulp Soda Picture and information:

BottleBoss
07-28-2005, 11:25 PM
These are not the big gulp from the fountain. They are there own line of bottled soda.
1. Cola with Cane Sugar.
2. Apple Ginger Snap
3. Mint Lime Twist
They are actually all pretty good. At least I like them. Big wide caps on 20 oz. bottles to.
http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=7453MgSLO&i=158165

[ 07-28-2005, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

the saint
07-28-2005, 11:33 PM
All three bottles appear to still have the seal intact. why does the bottle in the middle have less liquid?

BottleBoss
07-28-2005, 11:36 PM
I was drinking that one.

ramonazo
07-28-2005, 11:42 PM
:eek: wow, I only knew that Big Gulp were soda glasses. BTW, that cap looks huge for a 20 oz. bottle. Seeing the bottles with big caps in a picture looks like a 12 oz. bottle

[ 07-28-2005, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

Robot
07-29-2005, 01:53 AM
cant wait to try these..

unfortunately cant make it a regular thing as i only drink diet.. but that mint lime sounds delicious..

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Thanks BottleBoss.

I've been hearing you guys talking about these but didn't know what the heck they were!

SEV

the saint
07-29-2005, 12:26 PM
It sure does look to be intact, usually the ring will drop enough to tell it has been opened. are the sodas any good?

Mr Zabe
07-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Venting!!!!!

The soda pop industry is so goofy.
The big three soda pop players roll out new products like a bunch of mutant cockroaches.

There is no rhyme or reason. Some area's get the roll outs some don't. It gets irritating that Big Gulp soda pop gets sold in one area and yet not in others. Hello, this is 2005. We soda pop freaks chat on message boards and send cool pictures. Don't give me this cr@p about test markets. That's BS. A small panel of our board experts could give the big three a pretty solid up or down vote on what new products will sell well.

I'm beginning to think the big three are just playing games with their customers.

Venting over. I'm waiting for a fresh 12 pack of Welsh Grape soda to cool off. LOL I might have to pour it over some ice and drink some now.

[ 07-29-2005, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

The big three soda pop players roll out new products like a bunch of mutant cockroaches.
This phrase is equally confusing as it is amusing.

But Zabe, I agree with you that regional distribution is irritating.(I pray every night for Vault to get here), but I think the big bottlers were scared sh!tless at what happened with New Coke, so they narrowly distribute new, edgy products, so that maybe there will only be a regional backlash, and not a national one(especially for products like Vault, which is rumored to replace Mello Yello).

ramonazo
07-29-2005, 06:20 PM
True, It's not good that the soda companies (Coca-Cola specially) are testing first in some cities, and after a lot of months arrives to the rest of the country, Since 1994, Coca-Cola made test market with almost all the products. (Fresca, Lift, Delaware Punch, Ciel, Senzao, Powerade, Ciel mineral, Nestea, Quatro (RIP), Coca-Cola vainilla (RIP) and Disney Aventuras (RIP)) In the case of Powerade, first was launched in July 2001 in Mexico City, Leon, Morelia, Puebla and Veracruz; Powerade finally came to my city in December 2002... I had to wait almost ONE YEAR AND A HALF for Powerade!!

The only two brands distributed nationally when they were launched were Beat (RIP) and Coca-Cola Citra.

But, in the other hand, I see that the testing it's important because you can see if a new product will be a success or a fail, and if it's a success It can be distributed regionally, but it the product fails in the testing, companies save millions of dollars on distribution, advertising, bottles and caps that would be used for an unsuccesful product.

[ 07-29-2005, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

Hacksaw
07-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Is that cane sugar a claim on the label, or just the ingredient list? Jolt USED to use real sugar, it even said so bodly, yet has now gone with HFCS.

Now, the test marketing plans seems confusing. Do they advertise test products? If not, do they hope sample stands will be enough to spread the word? And what if it flys in one area, but not another?

They make it a crime to "trans-ship" products from one region to another. Give me a break, if a product carried somewhere else is so popular maybe they should carry it, too.

They used to have Fanta Red Cream soda around here, it was not a huge seller, but they didn't advertise it, and then yanked it in hopes they could find some other product to sell better. CCE has NO cream soda product in California now.

Do Coke & Pepsi think that hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising will change the minds of people on what to buy, even though most of them already have made up their minds? New product can catch on, but old habits (what people normally drink) die too hard for ads to change.

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

How true. The idea that one drink maker will own 70%+ of the market by introducing new drinks all the time is probably an exercise in expense & futility.

I'm very glad that most microbrew sodas go after quality, not fake "in" image, or "We will own the whole world soon!"

BottleBoss
07-29-2005, 11:07 PM
1. The security ring doesn't fall down after you open it because the ring itself is right up against a lip moulded onto the bottle. Probably due to the size of the cap itself.
2. The Apple Ginger Snap is very good and so is the Mint Lime flavor. Both are interesting, unique flavors that I don't think there is a copy of anywhere. The cola is not bad, but just a normal cola flavor.
3. The ingredients list on the cola only lists cane sugar as a sweetener. All the others list HFCS.
4. Someone else should try some and post a review. for another opinion.

Look In The Tunk
07-29-2005, 11:33 PM
If I still lived in Wakefield (where the seven eleven was a minute away from my house) I would have bought them and written a review by now. But now since I've moved away, the closest seven eleven is out of town (away from everything).

I'm gonna buy some next week though, definitely.

the saint
07-29-2005, 11:42 PM
I will have to go by a 7-11 and see if they are around here..I doubt it but I might as well look.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Hacksaw:

Do Coke & Pepsi think that hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising will change the minds of people on what to buy, even though most of them already have made up their minds? New product can catch on, but old habits (what people normally drink) die too hard for ads to change.

You mean to tell me that the chilltop Coke Zero commercial isn't a truly effective advertising strategy? ;)

Frostie Man
08-04-2005, 10:24 PM
I am glad you like the new flavors. We worked hard on that. There is also a diet cola with splenda. No test marketing just takes time to roll out nation wide. The new wide mouth is a nice change and I really think the Mint is very good. The diet cola and the apple are both very tasty.

ramonazo
08-05-2005, 01:12 AM
Are U from 7-11?

[ 08-05-2005, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

Robot
08-05-2005, 03:37 AM
will there be a diet lime mint?

Frostie Man
08-05-2005, 12:48 PM
No diet Lime at this time.
No I do not work for 7-11.
We produce.

Mr Zabe
08-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Does your company have a website?
Does your company produce 7 11 soda pop and any other national brands.

Just curious that's all. smile.gif

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Yo I tried the Apple Ginger flavor, and it's pretty good, although I can barely taste any ginger. It was the only flavor they had there... And I wanted to try to cane sugar cola SO bad...

I love the wide mouths so much. Every plastic soda bottle should have them.

Look In The Tunk
08-07-2005, 01:42 AM
I'm drinking the apple ginger as we speak, wouldn't be something I'd buy again. I thought it was going to taste like sideral mundet or something.

drpep
08-07-2005, 09:54 PM
I found the Big Gulp bottles in Buffalo today. I bought a cola. Not to exciting but makes great belches.

fusion
08-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Frostie Man:
No diet Lime at this time.
No I do not work for 7-11.
We produce. Temple Bottling, correct? I wondered what the TB code stood for.

Robot
08-09-2005, 01:57 PM
tried the mine lime, VERY good.
will try diet cola today

jmyjunk
08-10-2005, 01:15 PM
I tried the mint lime twist. And as weird as the combo sounds, it was quite a good beverage. A nice wide mouth bottle, a good wiff of mint(smelled like scope almost)
The taste was truly a twist of mint and lime, quite refreshing. A very carbonated. Which I love.
This is a winner.

drpep
08-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Maybe it is somewhat like Sprite Ice?

bselig
02-12-2006, 02:16 AM
6 months after the initial post, my local 7-11 has Apple Ginger Snap and Mint Lime Twist, still at the value (99c) price point.

Tried Mint Lime, would have to give it a thumbs up. Not as syrupy or as carbonated as the big three, and the mint flavor is unique. Would buy it again....

Robot
02-12-2006, 04:51 AM
i am a really big fan of mint lime twist and green cream; i buy both often. would like to see them do even more flavors and take more risks and maybe do some 12packs

DJ HawaiianShirt
02-12-2006, 12:08 PM
I agree, Jim.

SEV smile.gif

xJABBERWOCKx
02-12-2006, 05:30 PM
It's a bit weird to see such unusual flavors in generic 20oz PET bottles. I wish there was a 7-11 around here, though, because I'd try any soda flavor once...

as long as it didn't sound *too* disgusting.