PDA

View Full Version : Use of cola nut

c_important
12-06-2003, 09:14 AM
Could somebody clarify something for me : is it true that some cola drinks manufacturers are still using the cola nut in their composition ? I had heard otherwise : they use a synthetic substitute that has the same taste. Which manufacturer uses the original recipe with cola nut ? Which manufacturers use the synthetic compound ?

Shatter
12-08-2003, 04:09 AM
I've never heard of a synthetic cola flavor. And i've never heard of a non-natural cola. Is the synthetic cola flavoring used in candy? I know there's a company called Hairbo that makes gummy candies, and the have little gummy cola bottles. And in Japan, cola is a popular flavor of candy.

The best way to figure out if a cola is artificially flavored would to just look at the ingredients label. If it says "natural flavors", then it's the real thing.

Do you have any links to some websites that talk about the synthetic cola compound? I'd like to read that.

Android
12-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Yeah, and don't forget my favorite candy, Wonka's Bottlecaps. They have a cola flavor to them, and the label lists "artificial flavors" - but no natural ones.

andy

Shatter
12-09-2003, 02:11 AM
A friend of mine is a Pez collector, and I found a website that had Japanese Pez dispensers. Over there, they come with lemon and cola flavored tablets. I had to wait until I had money to buy it, and when I checked on it again, it was sold out. That would have made a seriously cool Christmas gift.