PDA

View Full Version : Paul's Beverages, New Castle PA

Cheer-wined
12-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Can someone tell me more about this company?
I've found some of their Monarch products like Bubble Up and Dr. Wells in Rockingham Co. NC, about 500 miles away from New Castle. Any thoughts on their product line and distribution area appreciated.

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-08-2003, 12:44 PM
i have some jolt by them...think i found it in ohio.

fusion
12-08-2003, 09:48 PM
Funny, I just posted about them on your other thread.

I've seen Jolt from them, in all varieties. Dad's Root Beer Reg&Diet, 20oz. Also a line of "private label" Paul's Pops. I've seen their stuff at the High's convenience store chain around where I live.

I really know nothing about the company, except what I've seen produced by them. I'll ask around and see what I can dig up.

Cheer-wined
12-08-2003, 10:48 PM
interesting...so they have most of the monarch brands, jolt, their own brand, and their distribution looks to be spread over a fairly wide area - sure doesn't look like a mom & pop operation. but they sure are low key in the public information department.

drpep
12-09-2003, 09:30 PM
The Bubble Up from Pauls I bought last year at Redners in Scranton (not there this year) was flatter than an 8 year old.

Cheer-wined
12-09-2003, 09:56 PM
talk about a weird coincidence ... I was just drinking a Bubble Up 20oz from Paul's! And it does go flat REAL quick.

drpep
12-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Cheer-wined, I have not had a chance to look for Stewarts Birch. I know its out there but last time I told someone I knew where a Stewarts product was I never found it again.

[ 12-09-2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

fusion
12-09-2003, 10:29 PM
I saw the Stewart's Birch in Davis areas around here. I don't think any of the other Canada Dry bottlers carried it.

BottleBoss
12-10-2003, 08:36 AM
We can get Bubble Up and Dr. Wells here in the Maryland/ Pennsylvania area? Where? and in what type of packaging? If you find it please post it!

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-10-2003, 03:21 PM
stewart's birch is in detroit area.

and dp man, that's so f**kin funny (the 8 year old thing)

drpep
12-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by BottleBoss:
We can get Bubble Up and Dr. Wells here in the Maryland/ Pennsylvania area? Where? and in what type of packaging? If you find it please post it! From what I've seen 20oz plastic.

Bob The Forester
12-12-2003, 11:36 AM
I bought a bottle of Jolt here in State College the other day and it was bottled by Paul's. Being curious, I got onto www.mapquest.com (http://www.mapquest.com) to see where New Castle is. Turns out there are 3 New Castle's in PA. Does anybody know which New Castle Paul's is in?

Cheer-wined
12-12-2003, 11:53 AM
The zipcode (16105) indicates it's the one near Youngstown OH.

fusion
12-12-2003, 07:48 PM
Yeah, it's north of Pittsburgh.

Cheer-wined
01-10-2004, 04:57 PM
I found who was distributing the Monarch products around here. There’s a fourth tier distributor, Lawrence Dist., who sells them in several VA counties (Henry, Pittsylvania, Halifax) on the NC border. Lawrence also used to be one of the bigger Double Cola distributors around here (there was a DC bottler nearby in Reidsville, NC) until that bottler shut down in the 90’s.

They have an interesting assortment – Monarch brands, Big Red/Big Peach, many of the Faygo flavors (haven’t seen rock ‘n rye yet), White Rock, stuff from RC Chicago like Old Towne and RC Cherry, and they recently started selling Boylan’s 4-packs.

Does anyone know if there are other bottlers besides Paul’s that make a variety of Monarch products? I know of several that make only Moxie or Nu-Grape, but not the complete line.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-10-2004, 08:17 PM
intrastate distributors in detroit, michigan, used to make dad's root beer in 16 oz glass. now they make frostop. they still make that honey lemonade stuff, nesbitt's i think.

they also make various crush flavors, as well as a full line of stewarts

BOOK
01-25-2004, 10:24 PM
I practically live in New Castle, PA where Paul's Beverage's is located. Does anyone have any clue about Wami....they distributed but it went out about 10 years ago. They are still in buisness...obviously...but it's difficult to get your hands on any of their products around here....and idea about the Wami?

kbw guy
01-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Paul's Beverages Rr 3 Box89, New Castle, PA 16105
Phone # (724)- 652 - 1171.
Briefly spoke to someone in their company, they bottle plastic 20 oz. and 24oz. They do Monarch brands, Jolt and their own line of Paul's. Not sure about all the flavors they do but, he mentioned Orange, Cherry and Cola as being popular also birch and root beers. I think they have your typical range of flavors that you would see from an old established family business they have been around for many years I forget the exact date the guy told me other than he was 3rd generation or something like that.

Cheer-wined
01-30-2004, 05:47 PM
I've seen 2 liters from there as well, Kickapoo, Bubble Up, Dr. Wells, Suncrest and Dad's. I noticed that some c-stores have recently been selling the 20oz for $.49, especially the Suncrest flavors. All the one's I've tried seem to be under-carbonated.
I was wondering if Paul's made cans as well, so now we know.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-31-2004, 03:25 PM
dp man - agreed. worst jolt ever.

glassbottlesrule
01-31-2004, 07:51 PM
yah, the Jolt is flatter than the roads around here, no fizz whatsoever.

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-01-2004, 12:47 PM
what you do in detroit, chief

glassbottlesrule
02-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Soda is just a hobby with me. I work in glass. Just been on hte boards researching opening a gourmet soda store as I near retirement.

KanKing
02-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Hows about opening that there store down here near Merrylan/ Wes Virginy? GlassBottlesRule could almost be the KanKings arch nemesis here on this board! ;)

[ 02-02-2004, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: KanKing ]

fusion
02-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Paul's also produces Inca Kola in 20oz.

Paul's Beverages
05-16-2005, 12:05 PM
I represent Paul's Beverages. We are located in New Castle, PA, located an hour north of Pittsburgh. We are a bottling facility. We do not distribute any product. We concentrate on contract packaging.

In regards to the "flat product" comments... We carbonate to specifications.

Mr Zabe
05-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Well Sir,
The posters on this board are not only experts on and pop/soda;they are the life blood of your company. Granted this board is based on individual reports on our experience of consuming pop/soda products; it appears your product might have a carbonation problem.

Maybe as the product is put on the shelf or handled by in the store, it looses carbonation?

You message to us did not seem like you had any interest in examining the carbonation problem.

Most of us on the board have been spoiled by companies that have good customer service that would be very interested in resolving our problems.

Zabe

[ 05-16-2005, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Paul's Beverages
05-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Sir Zabe,
I have just recently joined BevNet. The messages I saw were written a while back. If anyone is interested in having one of our products tested for carbonation we would be most interested. However, to see posts from the same person 3 times that our product is flat would indicate that this person is attempting to bash our company. Anyone is welcome to call me regarding products from Paul's Beverages, 724-794-1405. Jim Udischas, Jr.

BottleBoss
05-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Hello Pauls Beverages,
Do you still bottle Dr. Wells or Bubble Up. What else? I see a lot of your old glass bottles being used for Big Bens now. Do you still have your own line of soft drinks? Thanks

Paul's Beverages
05-16-2005, 03:57 PM
We still produce Dr. Wells and Bubble Up on occasion. I have Labels & extract for 20 ounce and 2 liters. I can run a 6 pallet minimum per flavor for distributors. We also produce Dad's, Diet Dad's in 2 liters and Dad's, Diet Dad's, Orange Cream and Creamy Red in 20 ounce. All the Dad's products are in stock (no minimums).
Thank you for asking! Jim Udischas, Jr. 724-794-1405.

Paul's Beverages
05-16-2005, 04:01 PM
Paul's Beverages also has our own brand of 24 ounce and 2 liter sodas, Paul's Pops. We have 8 flavors of 24 ounce and 10 flavors of 2 liters including mixers. We would welcome distributor inquiries.

ithastabeshasta
05-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Welcome Paul's Beverages, I wish I would have known about your company earlier I would have stopped by when I was in Pennsylvania earlier this year. Do you sell to the general public out of your site?

Paul's Beverages
05-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Yes, we will sell by the case at our facility. We aren't set up to ship by the case though.

drpep
05-16-2005, 09:57 PM
I assume I am the one you are saying is bashing your company. Sorry if it seems that way. I have bought several bottles of Kickapoo Joy Juice in the Carolinas, different stores and different years, that were flat and several Bubble Ups in the Scranton, Pa area that were flat. I have had the Pauls branded products, purchased near New Castle, and they were fine. I don't want to "bash" your company I want to enjoy the product you bottle, but with 4 out of 5 products I've tried that were bottled by you folks having poor carbonation I have not.
Strange deal, I never saw any Pauls product in the city of New Castle.

bigrich
05-17-2005, 02:25 AM
I too have bought products made by Paul's. I thought maybe because they were bought at Big Lots that they were flat. I am not trying to bash Pauls, as storage and age could be playing a factor that is out of Paul's Beverages control.

BottleBoss
05-17-2005, 08:35 AM
I have been trying to find Bubble Up for a while. This gives me a place to look. Thanks. Now I need to find Upper 10.

Paul's Beverages
05-17-2005, 09:29 AM
Dear Senior Members,
We usually over carbonate most of our products. The Big Lots products were produced 20,000 cases at a time rather than as needed. I have no idea how long they were stored. The Bubble Up, Dr. Wells, Kick-A-Poo Joy Juice, Suncrest, etc. unfortunately does not sell like it used to. Even our low production runs of 6 pallets per flavor can be a lot for a small distributor. Paul's Beverages has produced quality sodas since 1929. I have been with them for 15 years (since we turned to PET). We can guide our prospective customers from proprietary custom PET bottles to label design through finished goods. But once the product leaves our facility we have no control over it. Thank you for your interest in our company!

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-17-2005, 11:09 AM
thanks for being a cool soda dude.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-17-2005, 11:10 AM
also, do you still bottle jolt (or can it, or whatever those things are?)

Paul's Beverages
05-17-2005, 12:09 PM
We currently do not produce anything for Wet Planet Beverages. Cott is now involved with the Jolt production and distribution. We still maintain a great rapport with C.J. Rapp. Hopefully, we can produce Jolt once more. We ran Jolt for more than 10 years (since the 1st bottle of 20 oz.). C.J. might wake up tomorrow and decide to run a new and exciting product with us. Now that would be the start of a great day!!

[ 05-17-2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Paul's Beverages ]