PDA

View Full Version : Berry Clear Sprite Remix

Robot
12-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Anyone have any information on this stuff?
I saw the logo on here or at Salute To Soda's forums.. looked interesting..

will they be keeping around tropical sprite remix too? will this now be 3 versions of sprite on the shelves?

i personally hate regular sprite.. would much rather have 7up/sierra mist... but i *love* tropical sprite remix..

this berry clear stuff sounds interesting.. but i doubt i'll like it as much as tropical, nor do i think it will sell as well.

fusion
12-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Tropical will be replaced by Berryclear in April. In February and March, you'll see flavor shot packs in grape, cherry, and berry -- for 20oz bottles, so I assume this will be a promotion for convenience stores and gas stations.

I can't say that I really care for Tropical. I won't be sad to see it go.

Ever try a cherry Sprite? They're pretty good. I added a few teaspoons of Torani cherry syrup to my Sprite.

Robot
12-12-2003, 08:47 PM
How does the Berryclear taste.. or any idea of what it tastes like?

I dont understand the backlash from some people on these boards about Tropical Sprite.. Its so TASTY.. How does it sell?

I will have to stock up on some Tropical Sprite, will it ever come back, or once BerryClear is here, Tropical inventories will be cleared and never again will we see it?

I have been looking for those flavor shots.. I only see chocolate/cherry if you buy a coke 20oz at 1 gas station near me.. but never the tropical flavor shot for sprite or the other flavors.

Robot
12-16-2003, 12:08 AM
So no news on this stuff?

I will definately be stocking up on Tropical if it is going to be done with in April.

fusion
12-16-2003, 03:07 PM
No new news. We really don't start hearing a lot about new stuff until a month or so until the launch. That's when we start to get the new signage, static clings, coolers, coupons, and whatnot.

I wouldn't start stocking up just yet -- wait until at least February or March. That way you can get at least 2-3 more months of life out of any cans you buy. Plus, not all areas of the country will be lauching the new flavor all at once, there are going to be places with extra concentrate that they'll have to use up first.

Someone on Terry's board mentioned that the flavor shots were in their college cafeteria, and I assume this was a test-market kind of deal to see how they would do.

Tropical is a slow mover, in my opinion. The dates are often a good 3-4 weeks behind other products. Not a big deal with cans, but it does matter with PET.

Also, Coke created and authorized in the stores a 16.9oz 6 pack version of Remix, but it never hit the streets (in this area, anyway). The dates are only about 9 weeks for 16.9, so I guess they figured it would run out of date, or something.

[ 12-16-2003, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Robot
12-16-2003, 03:14 PM
damn, didnt know tropical was a slow mover.. thats too bad, the stuff is great.

this berryclear i am sure will be interesting, however..

fusion
12-16-2003, 03:18 PM
Also, keep in mind that I'm the only one who has any type of info on this new flavor, and I'm just a small fish in a big pond. I'm sure we'll hear more as other people in the Coke system and other beverage people get word on this new flavor.

We often have these wall posters and pamphlets that show what is going to be happening for the next quarter, year, half-year, or whatever. But they are often vague and are subject to change. I've seen on more than one occasion that we've abandoned doing something that was supposed to happen, or pushed something else back.

We're still waiting for Dasani Fridge Packs, they were supposed to be out probably 3-4 months ago. Latest news is after Jan 1st.

Sprite graphics were also scheduled to be updated in the Fall of 2003 (I've mentioned that before on this board, somewhere). Now it looks like some packages will change sometime in January-April 2004 (20oz, 1L, and cans), and the rest (2L, plus various boxes like 12pk, 24pk)will follow by summer.

teamtitan512
12-16-2003, 08:19 PM
What's weird is Dasani FP's are in Hagerstown, but not up here in Cumberland. Never figured that one out yet.

I expect some bottlers may keep Tropical, as some kept around Surge longer for example.

fusion
01-15-2004, 09:33 PM
We received an advance shipment of the berryclear flavor shot packs at our office this week, and I added one to a Sprite 20oz today (other guys just chugged their pack, which seems quite odd to me). It's got a blue raspberry-ish taste. Not too bad.

Robot
01-15-2004, 09:57 PM
When will those Berry Clear shot packets be hitting market? where can you find cokes "flavor rage" packets these days?

i only found 1 gas station to ever have the chocolate flavor rage packets, and they dont do it anymore.

XLS_04
01-15-2004, 10:20 PM
i thought this was going to be replacing tropical this spring? this is a flavor pack instead?

PhillySteve
01-16-2004, 12:22 AM
Did they nix the idea of a chocolate flavor shot? That would be a shame since it was the one I was looking forward to most.

I will also miss Tropical Remix but hopefully 7up Tropical Splash will stick around for a while in Canada. Jimmy, you should check it out if you can, I actually prefer it over the Sprite.

XLS_04
01-16-2004, 08:26 PM
maybe they will make a diet version too. maybe not.

fusion
01-16-2004, 11:42 PM
Ok, to clear up the confusion.

They're going to be releasing three flavor shots flavors in the coming months (Feb/Mar). Grape, Berry, and Cherry.

The Berry shot is supposed to be just like the Berryclear Remix that's due out in April.

I never saw the flavor rage packs, so I can't comment on them. Though I stopped again at the Subway that has the cherry and vanilla flavors built into the fountain, and I had myself a cherry sprite. Yummy.

Anyway, since the flavor shot packs are zero calories (made with sucralose), I suppose you could add them to Diet Sprite and make a Diet Sprite Remix?

From what I hear, Coke is going to change the Remix flavor at least once a year. Maybe if one of them gets really popular, they'll spin it off into its' own flavor, like they did with the Matrix Powerade flavor (currently repackaged as the NHL Powerade, and soon will be released in the traditional Powerade packaging as Black Cherry Lime).

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-17-2004, 02:16 AM
your subway's are coke?

all subway's in michigan are pepsi.

fusion
01-17-2004, 07:44 PM
75% of Subway locations are currently Pepsi. However, Coke recently signed a contract with corporate Subway, so all franchisees will have to switch to Coke by next year. And I think that all new locations have to carry Coke right off the bat.

teamtitan512
01-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Subway here had Coke, and then when they had to move down farther in the mall, they switched to Pepsi. The other ones always had Pepsi.

Good for Subway. They knew to get that sludge out of their house.

What I don't understand is Arby's obvsiously has a deal w/Coke (they had those special plastic 44 oz. color contour cups last year, w/their logo on top) yet so many franchisers around here have Pepsi. I'd wish they'd all switch and follow Sybra, and the franchiser down in DC (3-letter acronym, I can't remember it).

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
75% of Subway locations are currently Pepsi. However, Coke recently signed a contract with corporate Subway, so all franchisees will have to switch to Coke by next year. And I think that all new locations have to carry Coke right off the bat. no ****, well that's cool. i don't go to subway that often because it costs so much but that's neat.

fusion
01-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Subway is fairly reasonable. Here, I can get 3 foot long subs for $12. That's a pretty good price, I'd say.

If you want expensive, try Quiznos. Be prepared to spend around $10 for a regular sub, chips, drink.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-18-2004, 09:11 PM
quizno's is is costly, but i don't want three subs, i want one fusion!

teamtitan512
01-19-2004, 01:52 AM
Fusion, I saw Dasani Fridge Packs yesterday in Frederick at Wal-Mart. Don't know why you haven't seen them your way yet.

fusion
01-19-2004, 11:23 PM
Our sales center didn't get the first batch. We had to wait a while, I'm not sure why. Ours are currently coded 1/5/05, though we did get some that were 12/26/04 at first.

SURGE
01-26-2004, 01:34 AM
Man we dont even have Dasani in cans here, just those little squat bottles.

Robot
01-26-2004, 03:22 AM
so whats the ETA on this berryclear sprite remix? i am anxious to try some.

also want to make sure i have some tropical sprite remix stocked up, i really like that stuff.

Terry K
01-26-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by SURGE:
Man we dont even have Dasani in cans here, just those little squat bottles. You'll never see Dasani in cans. Water just doesn't work in can. (Yes, its been tried)

What you are going to see is fridge packs of the 12 oz bottles, though.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-26-2004, 10:29 PM
clearly canadian was once in cans...

then again, that's sparkling water.

fusion
01-26-2004, 11:14 PM
CCBCC originally produced Dasani in cans.

Coca-Cola Consolidated Debuts Dasani in Cans (http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m4PRN/2000_July_17/63500682/p1/article.jhtml)

DJ Brian
02-05-2004, 01:17 AM
http://sodafinder.com/images/water.jpg

DPDude
02-06-2004, 12:57 AM
The Sprite Flavor Hits packs are out now in Texas in three flavors. I just finished off a 20oz Sprite with the Mixed Berry flavor and I can safely say that it mixes well.

fusion
02-07-2004, 12:56 AM
And that's pretty much the flavor of the new berryclear that hits the stores in a few months.

MISTICman
02-07-2004, 02:58 AM
Hey Terry...
For a short while, we HAD Dasani in cans. I remember when the first 12-pk came out. I tried one can then returned the rest for a refund where I worked...it tasted like aluminum. Now we sell La Croix in 12-pk cans. We can't keep them on the shelves! One woman sold us out completely!

DPDude
02-07-2004, 03:04 AM
Fusion,
I tried the cherry Flavor Hit tonight and it didn't add a lot to the taste of Sprite.

So far the Flavor Hits have only turned up here in Diamand Shamrock Corner Stores, no one else has them yet.

It's on to grape for Saturday!

fusion
02-07-2004, 08:06 PM
I like the flavor shot buttons that are on certain fountains. I've seen cherry and vanilla. I've made a cherry sprite that way, heavy on the cherry syrup.

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-08-2004, 06:58 PM
oh, speaking of fast food restaurants with strange pop selections, along US-27 in indiana, the mcdonalds (only confirmed in berne, ind.) had dr pepper on fountain. other ads were spotted from richmond to fort wayne.

teamtitan512
02-09-2004, 12:07 AM
I saw a McD's w/Dr Pepper on fountain in Waynesboro, VA. Most have Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Pibb, Barq's, Fruitopia Strawberry Passion, Powerade Mountain Blast, Hi-C Pink Lemonade and/or Orange around here. Not much variety in McD's.

The old Hardee's in Bedford, PA actually had Pepsi products, with a little Coke nozzle beside them! Only Hardee's to not have Coke products that I've seen. With those Coke products, they always have DP, Mello Yello, and it's always MM Orange, but one I went to recently had Fanta.

Wendy's all has Coke around here, but down into VA, I've seen them w/Pepsi.

Burger King has Coke w/DP, and has some interesting variety from restaurant to restaurant. I've found Barq's, CF Diet Coke, Minute Maid around.

Arby's is very divided. Some have Pepsi, some have Coke. My local one has Pepsi. The ones in Winchester (VA) have Pepsi. The ones in Morgantown (WV), Johnstown (PA), and over into Ohio have Pepsi. The rest have Coke as far as I've seen. I've even seen ones in DC w/both Cherry and Vanilla, which is always cool. Sybra-ones always have Cherry Coke as well.

MISTICman
02-09-2004, 01:13 AM
Hey...here in NC Wendy's also has Cheerwine in the fountain. It's the ONLY place I've seen Cheerwine in the fountain...and the rest are I think Coke products...I'll have to look next time.

bigrich
03-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Tropical Sprite Remix may just be about over. I bought a fridgepak produced by MAC (HM), they were coded (HM) but the cans were marked "Southwest Canners, Inc., Portales, NM 88130 And Nacogdoches, TX 75964. I think several canners are helping each other use up remaining cans, or Ball Can made an error when shipping the cans? Thoughts?

fusion
03-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Could have been an error when the cans were mis-shipped. I remember a 2 liter bottle of Barq's Root Beer with a Star Wars Episode I cap on it! Now that was crazy.

We've ran out of 20oz Tropical, I wonder if it's coming back in. All the fridgepacks are dated October 25, while Coke and the others are dated November 8 and November 15th. I did use some of the scratch and sniff "coming soon" Berryclear stickers on some Tropical today.. those suckers sure have a strong smell to them!

The odd thing is, some stores had shelf tags for 16.9oz 6pks of Tropical, along with tags for Diet Vanilla and Fresca in that same package.. but none of them were ever produced. I wonder why?

djmousie
03-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Fusion, does Berryclear taste anything like Pepsi Blue?? I Understand Pepsi Blue has COLA fusion, but I loved pepsi blue and look forward to a new alternative.

redface.gif

fusion
03-22-2004, 10:40 PM
no, not at all. I'll have my first sample of it tomorrow, so I'll be able to give a better review of it. Up until now I've just had the berry remix flavor shots in a regular Sprite.

Maybe you should try one of those flavor shots in a pepsi? ;)

djmousie
03-22-2004, 10:56 PM
Where would I purchase a flavor shot? I've only heard of them in this forum, same goes with Berry Clear. Are they selling them at regular stores? Im on the east coast.

ben
03-23-2004, 02:39 AM
HI BERRY CLEAR SPRITE REMIX WILL NOT REPLACE TROPICAL SPRITE REMIX.I PHONED COCA-COLA TODAY AND THEY SAID THAT THEY WILL BOTH BE ON THE MARKET