PDA

View Full Version : My sodas are here!!! Reviews...

ramonazo
08-07-2005, 12:21 PM
What's up!, my friends came back from my trip to Vegas and brought me a lot of Coke stuff from the Coca-Cola museum in Vegas and this sodas:

-Coca-Cola Classic
-Dasani Regular
-Dasani with Raspberries
-Diet Coke Vanilla
-Diet Coke with Lime
-Coca-Cola with Lime

The first I drank of those is DC with Lime and here's my review:

After drinking it slowly, IMO The taste of DC with Lime is quite good, but to be honest (like I said in previous posts) tastes like if someone placed a Lime hard candy into a Diet Coke. To be honest Coca-Cola Light Citra tastes better because tastes more like real lime.

Soon I'll post my reviews about Dasani Raspberry, DC Vanilla and Coke with Lime. ;)

[ 08-07-2005, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

Mr Zabe
08-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Very cool. I agree with your DC with Lime review.

Look In The Tunk
08-07-2005, 03:30 PM
I personally enjoy Diet Coke With Lime in the 20 oz bottle than in the can. If I could, I'd probalby buy 12 at a time.

Mr Zabe
08-07-2005, 03:43 PM
I enjoy Pepsi Lime. The lime tastes more real and blended in flavor with the flavor of Pepsi.

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by ramonazo:

After drinking it slowly, IMO The taste of DC with Lime is quite good, but to be honest (like I said in previous posts) tastes like if someone placed a Lime hard candy into a Diet Coke.
Ouch, really? That's like the ultimate insult for any lime flavor, I think. Not that I dislike lime candy, but it definitely doesn't have its place in beverages(except those little kid drinks that soccer moms can buy 30 at a time). I really don't think the lime is that bad. You might have a better experience with Cocacola with Lime.

And it might be too late since you're already back in Mexico, but if you can, try Pepsi with Lime. In my opinion, it has a more honest lime flavor, and is better overall.

Funny(and slightly relevant) story: When I was in DC a while back, I got a 1/2 pound of ceviche(fish and shrimp cured in lime juice) at Safeway. All I can is, that they didn't use lime juice. Instead, they used a light vinegar to cure the seafood(which is ok), but then they put in some artificial lime flavoring with it. It was horrible.

SEV

ramonazo
08-07-2005, 11:25 PM
You're right, Ceviche with artificial lime? Ugh!, With real lime tastes better!, come to Mexico at any seafood restaurant (in spanish is "Mariscos") and try the mexican ceviche, it's good!.

sodacec
08-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
I enjoy Pepsi Lime. The lime tastes more real and blended in flavor with the flavor of Pepsi. I totally agree... Where is the BEVNET Review if Pepsi Lime/Diet Pepsi Lime? Both are awesome. The lime aroma literally jumps out of the bottle or the can when you pop it, yet, it does so without overpowering the Pepsi. It's a surpisingly natural lime too. My mom, one of the toughest food critics on earth, said she could tell the difference between Diet Pepsi Lime and Diet Coke w/Lime. Both the regular/diet versions of Pepsi Lime have a much brighter & limey finish. The diet version is especially impressive...it tastes identical the the regular version. There's no diet aftertase...just a lot of lime flavor. This is my most-purchased new soda along with Coke Zero.

drpep
08-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by sodacec:
[ ... Where is the BEVNET Review if Pepsi Lime/Diet Pepsi Lime? . [/QB][/QUOTE]
Why do you need a Bevnet review if you have your opinion? I don't think Bevnet goes down to the corner store and buys the soda. I believe the producer send them.

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Where is the BEVNET Review if Pepsi Lime/Diet Pepsi Lime? Uh, look at BevNET's reviews of most mainstream beverages here, they're poor.

BevNET would probably review Pepsi Lime with a poor score.

SEV redface.gif

ramonazo
08-11-2005, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE] There's no diet aftertaste...just a lot of lime flavor. Like Coca-Cola Citra, it has full lime taste and less diet aftertaste, and that's why it's my favorite Diet drink here in Mex, If you visit Mexico, try it!.

[ 08-11-2005, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

ramonazo
08-13-2005, 05:09 PM
And now, my opinion about... Coca-Cola with Lime

I'm trying it right now, and it tastes better than DC with Lime, but the lime still tastes too artificial and not so noticeable, with real lime flavor would be better, again... Coca-Cola Citra is better because has more lime flavor and a little bit of the characteristic acidity of the lime.

[ 08-13-2005, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

ramonazo
08-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Opinion about Diet Coke Vanilla:

After half a year of not drinking Vanilla Coke, vanilla came back to my life for some minutes smile.gif
I tried my ice cold DC Vanilla, and I have to say that it tastes good, very creamy, but unfortunately the vanilla flavor doesn't cover that awful aspartame flavor. But I can't complain, Coke with vanilla always taste great. And IMO the new graphics are good!!

ramonazo
12-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Opinion about Dasani with Raspberries

I tried last friday the bottle of Dasani with Raspberries that I kept in my closet, I had to drink it because the date in the bottle had the date of today...

IMO, It was good, although I expected a more noticeable berry flavor (something like the Mountaing Blast Powerade), it tastes gooood smile.gif

fusion
12-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Dasani Strawberry is much better than Dasani Raspberry, in my opinion.

ramonazo
12-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Good, so I will buy one in January!