PDA

View Full Version : C2 hasn't been pulled, has it?

wonkapete
08-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I know Pepsi Edge got the boot. But, I was the store over the weekend and all the C2 was done. Didn't see a space for it. Is it already disappering?

Look In The Tunk
08-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Only two stores in my parts still sell it. And I'm sure they only have a week or two left on them.

BottleBoss
08-16-2005, 09:24 AM
It's not a question of if, just when. Coke has more diet versions of its product than regular ones.

iowacity
08-16-2005, 10:22 PM
I really like(d) C2. I hope they keep it around. Maybe coke should cut one of its diet versions instead. why do we need Diet Coke, Diet Coke with Splenda, and Zero? I like the idea of a half-calorie drink that tastes almost as good as the original. C2 was that.

Android
08-16-2005, 11:11 PM
Not enough consumers agreed with that sentiment though. C2 and Pepsi Edge just didn't bring in the sales they were hoping for. I'm fortunate in that I can still get Edge (which I like) around here and have been stocking up while I still can find it. I still see C2 in some stores as well. I only tried C2 once and wasn't that impressed, but then again I don't like Coke much.

andy

fusion
08-17-2005, 07:21 PM
We were out of C2 for a while, and we were told it was done. But then we got some more 2 liters back in. So who knows.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-18-2005, 07:46 PM
i still see c2 in 2liters and 12pk cans in michigan

fusion
09-05-2005, 01:40 AM
Now we're being told it is discontinued -- at least in our area, in Maryland. Same with Diet Coke w/ Lemon.

Look In The Tunk
09-05-2005, 02:05 AM
For some reason the Food Lion near my house got some in all of a sudden last week. I guess they're just filling in spaces everywhere so they can get rid of it!

Mr Zabe
09-05-2005, 02:56 AM
I would agree with you.
I bet your local Coke bottler produced what ever remaining syrup (C2 mixture) and what ever cans and fridge packs they had remaining. I also bet they gave their retailers a mark down which they may have not passed down to the consumer.

This way the bottler is able to make a smaller profit or break even.

[ 09-05-2005, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Android
09-05-2005, 03:24 AM
I still see C2 around here.

On a parallel topic - Pepsi Edge - I've been stocking up while it's still available. Today I saw some in the store with a further-away expiration date on it than what I had been seeing lately. I looked at a couple of boxes and found both dates for sale. Then I noticed this:

http://members.trainorders.com/android/Pepsi/EdgeExpiration.jpg

Hmm, canned the same day, and the stuff packaged earlier has the later expiration date. Must be a goof that someone caught, as this is supposed to be a 6 month freshness date.

andy

Mr Zabe
09-05-2005, 04:52 AM
That's the impression I got as well.
For sure they are two different production runs.
This is a long shot idea that is way off the charts. Maybe There are two area Pepsi bottlers that have consolidated or exchange product due to local demand.

That would not explain the big difference in the end dates. I because of my soda pop mania would call your bottler for an explination. Of course do not use your real name unless the want to make you happy with coupons. LOL My under cover name is Burpy Pops. LMAO

[ 09-05-2005, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Android
09-05-2005, 06:57 PM
All the Pepsi in Wyoming comes out of one plant in Worland, so I'm guessing it was either a goof, or maybe someone decided that since it was the final run of this stuff they'd "extend" the date a bit so they could keep it on the shelves longer. heh..

andy

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-05-2005, 09:40 PM
still standing here in fridgepacks, don't know about 2liters
20oz are done

wonkapete
09-06-2005, 05:25 PM
I just got confirmation over the weekend that 2 liters for C2 have been permanently pulled from our shelves.

Mr Zabe
09-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Pete,
Just wondering,where do the C2 2 liters go to once they are pulled from the shelves? Do they dump them? Do they donate them to soup kitchens?

wonkapete
09-07-2005, 11:19 AM
Zabe, I really don't know. I guess they destroy them. I wanted one to keep. Looks like they would give them away.

fusion
09-07-2005, 11:39 AM
If it's still in code, they're just going to sell through it. If not, they are pulled and destroyed.

XLS_04
09-08-2005, 02:29 AM
C2 will most likely be around in certain areas of the country till next year.

billygtexas
09-08-2005, 05:30 AM
They are still selling C2. My local Wal-Mart and Brookshires stores keep both C2 and Zero in smaller quantities and both have trouble stocking both.

I just dont think Coke promoted C2 well enough, and now Zero's having the same trouble, though its gotten a lot of internet "buzz".

Coke advertising needs to stop promoting image and promote what the product is really about. It's COLA, not a alternative lifestyle.

[ 09-08-2005, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

Mello Yello Luver
09-09-2005, 02:48 AM
No C2 here in PA. Only Zero. Vanilla Coke is starting to become scarace.

XLS_04
09-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Coke should work on the products they released this year... there was a Caffeine Free C2 in the works and it never happened because C2 flopped, much like Coke zero is doing now.

Diet Coke with Splenda was made because of demand yet in every supermarket I walk into the product is never advertised as being on sale. It is always Coke, diet Coke, and Coke zero that are getting the front of the store displays.

Diet Coke with Splenda is in the regular sodapop isle in a small section between Diet Coke with Lime and Diet Coke Vanilla. You can miss it if you don't look carefully.

[ 09-10-2005, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

Look In The Tunk
09-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by XLS_04:

Diet Coke with Splenda is in the regular sodapop isle in a small section between Diet Coke with Lime and Diet Coke Vanilla. You can miss it if you don't look carefully. I've noticed I've seen less and less 20 oz in the coolers as well recently.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-13-2005, 08:44 PM
i'm not seeing 20oz at all in michigan, but i talked to some coke guys and i guess 12pks are not going away.

wonkapete
09-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Just got word from Coke that the 20oz and 2 liters have officially been discontinued. The fridge packs remain. I was in Atlanta this past weekend and 2 liters were still on the shelf. I picked up a few to keep.

Chad.
09-21-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by wonkapete:
Just got word from Coke that the 20oz and 2 liters have officially been discontinued. The fridge packs remain. I was in Atlanta this past weekend and 2 liters were still on the shelf. I picked up a few to keep. yeah i kind of figured the 2 liters were gone, but the 12 packs see to stay in stock along with the 20 oz around here still so we shall see, i really like c2 so i hope is sticks around, it a good medium for when you have people who dont want to drink diet, but there a diet drinkers

DPDude
01-03-2006, 01:38 AM
C2 is alive and well in this part of the country. C2 still gets more shelf space here than Cherry Coke does, although it's only around in 12 packs of 12oz cans.

popologist
01-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Coke Zero isn't flopping at all. It's market share grew 18% between Sept and Nov of 2005, and already has about 1% (or more) market share (Diet Pepsi only has 5%).

As for C2... i can't find it in my neighborhood (in NYC) anymore, but it can be found in 12 packs in other parts of the city.

Coke should work on the products they released this year... there was a Caffeine Free C2 in the works and it never happened because C2 flopped, much like Coke zero is doing now.

Diet Coke with Splenda was made because of demand yet in every supermarket I walk into the product is never advertised as being on sale. It is always Coke, diet Coke, and Coke zero that are getting the front of the store displays.

Diet Coke with Splenda is in the regular sodapop isle in a small section between Diet Coke with Lime and Diet Coke Vanilla. You can miss it if you don't look carefully.

Mr Zabe
01-05-2006, 08:00 AM
My thought is that Coke C2 did not please the masses in big enough numbers. Core diet coke drinkers were turned off from the beginning as C2
was being sold(at least in the first year or so) at a premium price and only in 12oz can 8pks.
Why would conunsumers try a new brand at a higher price in a lower can count package?

Coke C2 did not live up to it's billing IMO. smile.gif As the month's progressed, not even a great marketing plain could have saved it.

I do agree, Coca Cola should have launched one great no cal/no carb soda pop and promoted the heck out of it with cool promotions that put a taste in the consumer's minds.

[ 01-05-2006, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

popologist
01-05-2006, 10:00 AM
yeah... that whole "premium pricing" thing was strike one. then, the uninformative ad campaign was strike two. and coke zero was strike three (in that it tasted almost as good... with zero calories).

i'd still buy it though... if i could find it. but, since zero debuted, i no longer walk from market to market to find C2.

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
My thought is that Coke C2 did not please the masses in big enough numbers. Core diet coke drinkers were turned off from the beginning as C2
was being sold(at least in the first year or so) at a premium price and only in 12oz can 8pks.
Why would conunsumers try a new brand at a higher price in a lower can count package?

Coke C2 did not live up to it's billing IMO. smile.gif As the month's progressed, not even a great marketing plain could have saved it.

I do agree, Coca Cola should have launched one great no cal/no carb soda pop and promoted the heck out of it with cool promotions that put a taste in the consumer's minds.

billygtexas
01-05-2006, 07:38 PM
The problem with C2 was that a lot of Coke Classic drinkers thought C2 tasted "watered down" (including me). Diet cola drinkers were scared off at the still too high calorie count - 70 calories per can. The name choice was dumb too, it doesnt tell you what to expect when you drink it, and I bet a lot of people who just glanced at the packaging just thought it was a reintroduction of "New Coke" or Coke 2.

I never found C2 in soda machines and it was sporadically available at the local convience stores (EZ Mart). C2 was only in 2 Liters for just a short peroid of time last year in my area before it was yanked to have shelf space for Coke Zero. You can still buy C2 here in East Texas (Kilgore-Longview-Tyler) at Wal-Mart in 12 packs, but for how long?

"Reduced Calorie" soda sounded like a good idea at the time (along with a lot of Adkins diet products during the craze), but the execution, promotion, pricing and distribution of the product was poor.

BTW Kroger's 50/50 soda is still being sold in 2 Liters. It's thier budget knockoff - and it kind of tastes more like Pepsi Edge than C2.

[ 01-05-2006, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

ramonazo
01-05-2006, 08:04 PM
C2 is still available in...

http://www.cocacola.co.jp/products/lineup/c2_cola/img/c2cola.jpg

...Japan

http://www.cocacola.co.jp/products/lineup/c2_cola/img/c2cola_02.gif http://www.cocacola.co.jp/products/lineup/c2_cola/img/c2cola_03.gif http://www.cocacola.co.jp/products/lineup/c2_cola/img/c2cola_04.gif http://www.cocacola.co.jp/products/lineup/c2_cola/img/c2cola_05.gif

sirslash
01-05-2006, 08:17 PM
C2 is still available in michigan in 20oz and cans, my store sells it regularly and i don't think its going anywhere.... however vanilla coke is gone along with diet coke with splenda

pepsi edge has been gone since august and well we still have like 3 bottles that just wont sell heh

popologist
01-06-2006, 09:25 AM
if coke is going to keep C2 around, then should probably re-introduce it. maybe change the packaging a little so it doesn't look like Classic so much (maybe a black can with silver lettering and a red wave).

[ 01-06-2006, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]

Mr Zabe
01-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Or change the name to something that does not remind people of the Star War Movies..C3PO. LOL

How about LC&C. Low Carb & Coca Cola,A plain silver can with a large Black,Red,Black
logo smack in the middle. And bright white comic sans lettering slogan beneath the logo, "Low Carbohydrate Coke". DO Not call it a diet drink!!!!

Plain, eye catching and SIMPLE!!!!!!!

[ 01-06-2006, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

raresoda20
01-06-2006, 12:58 PM
there is a vending machine near me that has pepsi edge and c2 in it but they taste kinda flat.

popologist
01-06-2006, 02:19 PM
i like your idea for the can design. it's bold and... masculine (if that makes any sense). i don't know about the "LC&C" name though. though, i agree, a more creative name couldn't hurt.

in fact, since they're trying to appeal to young males... why not just make it more of an energy drink. keep the same sweetener ratio, but... add some more caffeine, some taurine, and some B vitamins... and call it "coca-cola NRG." it's simple... and to the point. they could even put it in one of those skinny cans if they want.

it could also compete with red bull in bars and clubs. instead of a red bull and vodka. one could order a souped up rum & coke (with less carbs).

Or change the name to something that does not remind people of the Star War Movies..C3PO. LOL

How about LC&C. Low Carb & Coca Cola,A plain silver can with a large Black,Red,Black
logo smack in the middle. And bright white comic sans lettering slogan beneath the logo, "Low Carbohydrate Coke". DO Not call it a diet drink!!!!

Plain, eye catching and SIMPLE!!!!!!!

iowacity
01-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Still stocked here in Iowa City, thankfully. I love C2 and hope it stays around. It's nice to have a half-calorie version.

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-08-2006, 12:30 AM
pepsi edge is still in michigan. so's c2

popologist
01-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
pepsi edge is still in michigan. so's c2 you might want to check the date on the Pepsi Edge. Pepsi announced last summer that Edge would be discontinued by the end of the year.

at the same time, Coke announced that it would be standing behind C2... and, so far, they have. though i haven't seen a commercial for it in years.

popologist
01-14-2006, 02:52 PM
after going to three supermarkets looking for coke zero (all of which were sold out), i found TWO 12 packs of C2... and bought them both.

i haven't found it in my neigbhorhood since summer, so i was kinda psyched! smile.gif

no coke zero though. :( well, not in 12 packs. i wonder if there was a sale this week or something.

ramonazo
01-16-2006, 08:46 PM
C2 is still on sale in Vegas, specially in the Everything Coca-Cola store, you can find it in fountain and 20 oz. bottles in the vending machine...

popologist
01-16-2006, 08:58 PM
they should change the logo. maybe put the "C2" real big in coca-cola script.

orion007
01-17-2006, 01:15 AM
My wal-mar there has plenty of C2 12=Packs and 2L bottles. They probably had 25 12-Packs and 20 2L's

rsmith24
02-07-2006, 10:09 AM
I've tried 4 stores in the Dearborn, Michigan area to find C2 - any suggestions as to where I might find it in this area? Thanks!

jmyjunk
02-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Well,
Coke has made a new design for the C2 on the fridgepack. So I guess it will around for a bit.

popologist
02-23-2006, 12:06 AM
what's the new C2 design?

ramonazo
02-23-2006, 02:22 AM
I think what jmyjunk means is that C2 also released new graphics for the fridge pack with the picture of the can, like the rest of the Coke brands did...

Here's a pic that fusion already posted to give an example:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/newfridge.jpg

[ 02-23-2006, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

jmyjunk
02-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Exactly Ramon!

popologist
02-23-2006, 02:08 PM
oh ok.

but, still, that DOES suggest that C2 will be around for awhile.

i know i'd buy a lot more of it if i didn't have to scour the city trying to find it.

it's like gold where i live. LOL.

JordanE
03-01-2006, 07:28 PM
I find 12-packs all around in Vegas it was gone for a while but it apears to be back most of the 12-packs i've seen our dated may 06.

killjimmy
03-06-2006, 02:21 AM
I didn't see it for a while and now I am seeing 12 packs in most stores again.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by JordanE:
I find 12-packs all around in Vegas it was gone for a while but it apears to be back most of the 12-packs i've seen our dated may 06. I saw 20 oz. bottles of C2 in your town :D

[ 03-06-2006, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

Mana211
03-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Tons of C2 in Walmart, Bi-Lo, Krogers, Food City here in TN.

Personally if they would make a C2 equiv for Mello Yellow I'd switch to it for my morning drink.

My ideal day would be:

Mid Cal Mello Yellow (around breakfast time)
C2 (with lunch)
Caffiene free Coke Zero (with dinner and late night snacks)

not counting all the bottled water I drink.

Two of the three soft drinks I want don't exist. Caffiene free diet coke does not taste as good as Coke Zero. Diet Mellow Yellow doesn't rotate quick enough so the aspertame has lost its mojo before it leaves the store shelf.

Mana211
03-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Oh and for the record C2 is the product that got me to stop buying Dr. Pepper. I'd have to taste the C2 equiv from Dr. Pepper before switching but I could see myself having it instead of C2 if it existed.

killjimmy
03-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Diet Mellow Yellow doesn't rotate quick enough so the aspertame has lost its mojo before it leaves the store shelf. I have never seen that in my life

popologist
03-07-2006, 12:24 AM
there's a place for C2, if only coke knew how to market its products properly.

Mr Zabe
03-07-2006, 12:34 AM
Very well said and true at least here in the States. C2 is a good enough soda pop,it was marked very pooly,IMO.

XLS_04
03-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Very well said and true at least here in the States. C2 is a good enough soda pop,it was marked very pooly,IMO. I honestly think Coke has not really had any good marketing, especially the last 2 years or so. Their on air commercials are not bad but they are not something that stays in peoples minds. their current style of ads are easy to forget, where the jingle style commercials were easy to remember to this day and still are to this day.

XLS_04
03-07-2006, 12:46 AM
they should have used Splenda in C2 or Coke zero from the start.

Coke zero is basically following C2 footsteps. it is another beverage that is doing decent but not as big of a hit as they thought it would be in its debut year.

they should scrap C2 or Coke zero and only sell either one of the names and sweeten it with Splenda instead of mixing different sweeteners.

killjimmy
03-07-2006, 06:11 AM
I think that annoying Fanta song is pretty rememberable. I don't even like Fanta but I certainly remember the ads....Coke owns Fants.

Mana211
03-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by killjimmy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Diet Mellow Yellow doesn't rotate quick enough so the aspertame has lost its mojo before it leaves the store shelf. I have never seen that in my life </font>[/QUOTE]That's my best guess. See if you can make sense of these statements:

1. I drink a Mellow Yellow every day and love it.
2. I drink diet drinks every day and enjoy them as well, thus I have no bias against diet drinks.
3. Every 12 pack of diet mellow yellow I've ever bought has tasted horrible.

I don't know for a fact what makes 3 true. I just know that it is. I'd love to have a quality lower cal version of Mellow Yellow.

Admittedly I haven't tried diet mellow yellow in a few years so if they've changed the formula it may be better now.

sirslash
03-08-2006, 05:36 AM

Coke zero is basically following C2 footsteps. it is another beverage that is doing decent but not as big of a hit as they thought it would be in its debut year.

they should scrap C2 or Coke zero and only sell either one of the names and sweeten it with Splenda instead of mixing different sweeteners. they should drop diet coke with splenda i think before either of those... since C2 is one of a kind and coke zero still sells decently

killjimmy
03-08-2006, 05:47 AM
I meant that I have never seen diet mellow yellow, not that I have never seen it moving slowly.

popologist
03-08-2006, 02:20 PM
walmart invented diet coke with splenda. see the link below:

http://www.beverageworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5440

coke zero is doing very well from what i've heard. i've actually overheard people talking about how they're "coke zero addicts" on more than one occasion. (and i'm one of them) i'd be REALLY... REALLY... REALLY disappointed if they scrapped zero. i just couldn't go back to diet coke.

however, i do agree with whoever said that coke probably would've been better off making coke zero their splenda drink. but it's probably too late now. it might be a bad idea to tamper with success.

as for C2... for those of us who like it (like myself), i've pretty much just replaced my regular coke classic with C2, when available.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-08-2006, 04:03 PM
I like both Zero and C2, and of course, the great taste of regular Coca-Cola

CCE Girlie
03-08-2006, 09:50 PM
We still have C2 fridge packs on our floor, just a few pallets though.

juniorjin
03-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by rsmith24:
I've tried 4 stores in the Dearborn, Michigan area to find C2 - any suggestions as to where I might find it in this area? Thanks! I was just in Detroit this weekend, and I saw some C2 at the Meijer in Northville/Novi. Which isn't tooo far from you..hehe
If you ever cross the border into Windsor/Sarnia, C2 should still be available in Ontario. There are no plans to discontinue C2 at this time in Ontario at least.

Mana211
03-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by killjimmy:
I meant that I have never seen diet mellow yellow, not that I have never seen it moving slowly. Apparently my home town is one of the few places you can easily find it.

I'll have to check the ingredients on some to see if they changed the sweetner mix any in the last decade (lord knows it needs the ace-k or ace-k/splenda added to the aspartame of old).

It's also been brought to my attention that the correct spelling is Mello Yello not Mellow Yellow. Silly me, I just drink the stuff when I'm half asleep so I never pay attention to spelling.

Mana211
03-13-2006, 11:32 AM
http://www2.coca-cola.com/mail/goodanswer/soft_drink_nutrition.pdf

shows heavy use of Ace-K in diet mello yello, I'll definately have to give it another try.

recap:

C2 --- 12 apspartame, 12 ace-k, 2 sucralose
Coke Zero 58 asp, 31 ace-k
Diet Coke 125 asp
Diet Cherry 50 asp, 34 ace-k
Sprite Zero 50 asp, 34 ace-k
Diet Mello Yello 38 asp, 86 ace-k

So assuming equal toxicity among sweeteners C2 is healthier than the others as the total dosages are lower.

tomyear2134
05-20-2006, 05:15 AM
I LOVE C2!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Soooooooooooooo MAD that I can't get it in NY State!!! I don't even care that it's low carb, I just love the taste!!!!!!!!!!!! I live near the border, so on a lark, I decided to see if I could get it in Canada, It paid off, In Niagara Falls, Canada, at Basic Foods(?) Super Market, They had PLENTY!! I bought 12 12 packs!!! Love the stuff!!!

popologist
05-20-2006, 08:05 AM
I can still find C2 in NYC at certain supermarkets (usually just in fridge-paks).

I still stock up on it when I can find it.

I don't really buy regular coke anymore, just coke zero and C2; however, if coke released sugar cane coke in little bottles, i'd pick some up for guests.

fllmnfairy
05-22-2006, 04:33 AM
I am going mad trying to find C2 in my area. Pa. Can someone help me out?

popologist
05-22-2006, 10:30 AM
i agree with some of that.

i think C2 should get another "push" (one that makes sense to consumers this time). i actually think there's a market out there for this; however, coke classic is probably going to suffer for it.

and i think diet coke splenda should be cancelled and coke zero should just be coke's splenda drink (so long as it wouldn't change the flavor too much).

this way, there'd be a reason for, both, diet coke and coke zero to be in coke's portfolio. also, it would fold DC w/ splenda's sales into coke zeros (thus, adding to its market share).

they should scrap C2 or Coke zero and only sell either one of the names and sweeten it with Splenda instead of mixing different sweeteners.

cokepa
05-22-2006, 08:14 PM
fllmnfairy,

I saw C2 12 packs last weekend in Quakertown, PA which I am quite sure is Philly Coke's territory. Here in Harrisburg (Dauphin, Cumberland, Lebanon, Perry and Juniata counties)we got a few pallets of 20 oz. in a month or so ago. But that is all we have here. Some Sheetz stores are carrying them.

SplitLevelP
05-23-2006, 12:17 PM
This weekend I saw C2 at hannaford in Herkimer,NY

popologist
05-23-2006, 11:58 PM
coke is passing an opportunity with C2. it's the one brand in its portfolio that doesn't have any competition from pepsi. so, they should try to push it a little more.

they should also consider re-inventing it. maybe give it a little more caffeine. you know, make it another "hybrid fusion" beverage. ;)

[ 05-23-2006, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: popologist ]

DPDude
05-24-2006, 02:27 AM
C2 is alive and well in south and central Texas. I see it regularly stocked everywhere.

fllmnfairy
05-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Thank you Cokepa. I will give it a try.

golee1
05-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
coke is passing an opportunity with C2. it's the one brand in its portfolio that doesn't have any competition from pepsi. ;) What about Fresca?

popologist
05-25-2006, 12:04 AM
fresca too. ;)

i just discovered fresca last year and... i think it's great and drink it a lot.

i like it better than sprite or mountain dew.

drpep
05-25-2006, 09:56 PM
I still see pockets of C2 in New York. Some stores have 12 packs and some have 2 liter.

XLS_04
05-29-2006, 03:56 AM
it is not around here anymore.

Mana211
05-30-2006, 06:57 PM
I just got some for $2 a 12 pack from Kroger the other day. Officially it was 4 for $10 with a 5th free but you get the point.

Food City had them 4 for $10 with a 8 pack of 12oz bottles as the freebie (no C2 in 12oz bottles) so its not as cheap but still better than non sale prices and they had Coke Zero in the 8 packs so it wasn't a total loss.

fusion
05-30-2006, 07:21 PM
CCE-NY ran a production run of 20oz.. We've got a few pallets of it in our warehouse.

fusion
05-31-2006, 05:54 PM
Philadelphia Coke is now producing C2 in the "big can" fridgepacks, so it looks like it's here to stay around here.

Mr Zabe
05-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Would that be a 16oz can? Is it a value added sale. Meaning the price of a fridge pack but with 16oz cans?

[ 05-31-2006, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
05-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Uhh, no. The packaging with the "big can" on the front/side.

Very few facilities can run 16oz cans. That's why CCE buys a lot of Full Throttle from CCBCC.

fllmnfairy
06-01-2006, 07:01 AM
We found some 20 oz bottles @ Sheetz in Palmyra..yeah. Don't know how long they are gonna stock em. It's almost like the black market....lol. For now I am in heaven.

popologist
06-01-2006, 01:35 PM
glad to hear you found some, fairy.

it's like striking gold. ;)

C2 could still be a successful drink if coke just figured out how to market it.

unfortunately, it's like they just gave up after the initial push.

fusion
06-01-2006, 05:03 PM
We still have two pallets from CCE-NY (plant KM) in our warehouse.

fllmnfairy
06-02-2006, 05:09 AM
Fusion....can I buy them from ur warehouse?

cokepa
06-02-2006, 07:54 PM
fllmnfairy, glad you found some in Palmyra. I haven't checked our warehouse but I know I delivered a case of C2 yesterday. I don't know where you live, but I know right now you can get 20 oz. at Sheetz in Duncannon and Mifflintown and Hess in Marysville.

If you want to buy things like this by the case, sometimes some beer/beverage distibutors will special order things in for you.

fllmnfairy
06-10-2006, 10:42 AM
We are finding more 20oz in my area. Whoohoo! They are a little pricey. $1.38 per bottle. O well, just glad to have it back.

fusion
06-10-2006, 08:01 PM
CCE doesn't sell to the public from their warehouses, sorry. I'd go with cokepa's suggestion. Is there a Brewer's Outlet near you?

fllmnfairy
06-13-2006, 08:52 AM
tongue.gif Thanx for the info cokepa n fusion. I don't have a Brewers Outlet close to me. There are a few other distributors that I plan on attacking...lol. Thanx again.

Pete Creedon
06-13-2006, 02:18 PM
C2 was nasty as ever.

Mana211
06-14-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm having a C2 right now and it tastes pretty good. Not as good as the Summer Dr. Pepper I had yesterday but better than a regular Diet Coke.

popologist
06-14-2006, 01:49 PM
was pepsi "edge" sold in 8-packs when it was released? or was that just a stupid coke idea?

[ 06-14-2006, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: popologist ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
06-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Mana211:
I'm having a C2 right now and it tastes pretty good. Not as good as the Summer Dr. Pepper I had yesterday but better than a regular Diet Coke. summer dr pepper? where? how much? pics?

Mana211
06-16-2006, 06:51 PM
As I said in the summer dr pepper thread I get summer dr pepper 12oz cans from the vending machine at work for .65 a can.

My checks of the top 3 or 4 grocery stores have not found any 12 packs with a matching ingredient list. (Walmart, Food City, Krogers, etc)

I have a can I saved I suppose I could take a pic of it and email it to you if you want. I'll probably split that can with my dad this weekend.

drpep
06-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Fresh C2 was spotted this week at Thorne's BiLo in Jefferson, Ohio.

cokepa
06-17-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't remember ever seeing "Edge" 8 packs. Yes I think it was just a failed idea that belonged to Coke. People were not willing to pay a premium price for C2.

fusion
06-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Actually.... Buffalo Rock Pepsi used to run 8 packs of cans.

And Coke ran 8 packs for a Target promo last year, and Coke United currently runs them (There's a pic on VaultKicks.org).

cokepa
06-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I remember the Target promo. It was cool packaging.

I'm not saying the 8 packs are a failure, but just that 8 packs of C2 were a failure. But then we had the Minute Maid lights in 8 packs as well and they didn't last long. Maybe if C2 had been introduced as a 12 pack and priced across the board with other 12 packs it might have done better.

popologist
06-18-2006, 11:44 PM
C2 was botched from the beginning!

bad advertising. stupid "premium" pricing. and then coke just gave up on it.

i love it. but i'm surprised it's lasted this long.

Mr Zabe
06-18-2006, 11:56 PM
MrP,
I will add that core Coke drinkers desire either an all out sweet(HFCS/Sugar) and or an all out diet/no carbs soda pop. Coke C2 was not able to cultivate both desires. The C2 formula was 50% nasty and 50% not so nasty (LOL).... equals low overall cross demand...equals death of a brand serving two Masters. smile.gif

popologist
06-19-2006, 11:03 AM
you may be right about the "two masters" thing.

also, once you figure in that coke zero tastes almost as good as C2, it's appeal lessens even more.

still, i use it as a coke classic alternative with food. and drink coke zero most of the other time (at work, or as an afternoon pick-me-up).

i only drink coke classic when at a restaurant, because i don't like diet coke, and C2 or zero are not usually available.

fllmnfairy
06-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Zero tastes exactually like diet. They both suck. C2 is the best soda I have ever had. I am a die hard coke fanactic. When C2 came out, I thought, what a sweet idea and then the jacka**' are making it almost like the black market.

Vault_Dewer
06-20-2006, 09:13 PM
The Marc's I go to has 2 ltrs and 12 packs.

Vault_Dewer
06-20-2006, 09:13 PM
The Marc's I go to has 2 ltrs and 12 packs.

iowacity
06-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by fllmnfairy:
Zero tastes exactually like diet. They both suck. C2 is the best soda I have ever had. I am a die hard coke fanactic. When C2 came out, I thought, what a sweet idea and then the jacka**' are making it almost like the black market. I agree totally. Coke has several choices for diet soda, but only one half-calorie offering.

popologist
06-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by fllmnfairy:
Zero tastes exactually like diet. They both suck. C2 is the best soda I have ever had. I am a die hard coke fanactic. When C2 came out, I thought, what a sweet idea and then the jacka**' are making it almost like the black market. coca-cola messed up with C2 from the beginning.

first of all, the commercials were meaningless to most people. no one was sure what it was.

also, coke tried charging a "premium price"... for, basically, diet coke mixed with regular coke. and the public didn't buy it.

after that, they just kind of gave up on it.

i think with the right marketing, C2 could probably sell a lot better.

Mana211
06-21-2006, 02:48 PM
If they had used cane sugar for the main sweetener instead of HFCS it might have sold at a premium. No HFCS procuct is ever going to make it at a premium price.

And yes, if they cut C2 I'd just buy Coke Zero and live with it. But I'd be happier if C2 would get a 2nd push and full support as a regular price product.

I currently drink about 10 C2s for every 1 Coke Zero I have.

If C2 had cane sugar in it I'd drink it non stop.

mjb1124
06-21-2006, 03:13 PM
It's still available in fridgepacks around my parts (in the new box designs and everything).

And I actually think Zero tastes better than C2. YMMV.

Tons O' Fun
06-23-2006, 10:11 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/crazyman312/c2.jpg
Have it here

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Tons O' Fun:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/crazyman312/c2.jpg
Have it here Coooool! :cool: Thanks for the pic!

popologist
06-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Mana211:
If they had used cane sugar for the main sweetener instead of HFCS it might have sold at a premium. No HFCS procuct is ever going to make it at a premium price.

And yes, if they cut C2 I'd just buy Coke Zero and live with it. But I'd be happier if C2 would get a 2nd push and full support as a regular price product.

I currently drink about 10 C2s for every 1 Coke Zero I have.

If C2 had cane sugar in it I'd drink it non stop. i think C2 and Coke Zero, BOTH, deserve another launch.

i think, mostly, coke is just afraid that C2 will eat into Classic's sales, and Zero will cut into Diet Coke's.

but, my theory is, if people are buying something they like (with less calories), they'll drink MORE of it, and that could only be good news for coke's bottom line.

who's in-charge over there, anyway?!? ;)

fllmnfairy
06-24-2006, 04:08 PM
I drink soooo much C2. We have it 2 for 2 right now and my husband and I drink 3 to 6 20 oz a day. We tried zero and cannot get past the after taste. Popologist......I never thought of it interfering with regular coke sales, and that's a good point, and too many are in charge over there.

fllmnfairy
06-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Oh, wanted to say thanks for this board. I looked all over the web for ppl who might have a clue. This is a great place.

Mr Zabe
06-24-2006, 04:21 PM
fllmnfairy,
Welcome to our home away from home. The board mates on this board are IMO experts in and about the beverage industry.

Enjoy
Zabe

cokepa
06-24-2006, 07:57 PM
fllmnfairy, Don't know if you were able to get some 20 oz. C2 from a distributor or not. what we have in our warehouse goes out of date on July 10, so maybe you should hurry. Don't know if we will be getting more of it in or not...

fllmnfairy
06-26-2006, 07:52 AM
cokepa....we buy them when we can afford it. we just 4 10pks for 10 bucks plus a free case of spring water. the 20 oz are still 2 for 2. jsut alittle pricey and not sure why. i don't get what they are doing.

fllmnfairy
06-26-2006, 07:54 AM
i made a booboo, (4 12pks)

fllmnfairy
06-26-2006, 07:54 AM
thanx mr.Zabe

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-27-2006, 06:16 PM
C2 is now discontinued in Japan, it doesn't appear in the product section anymore...

www.coca-cola.co.jp/products (http://www.coca-cola.co.jp/products)

[ 06-27-2006, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

DPDude
06-28-2006, 02:51 AM
C2 is still alive and well in Texas and is available in 12 packs. Not only that C2 has the new style Coke graphics and packaging to match.

tomyear2134
08-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Found a lot of C2 at Price Choppers in Watertown, NY!!! It's still out there!!! I wish they'd sell it everywhere! I gotta drive far to get it!!

popologist
08-21-2006, 05:25 PM
i can't find it in my new neighborhood.

i wasn't sure it was still around.

David J.
08-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by tomyear2134:
Found a lot of C2 at Price Choppers in Watertown, NY!!! It's still out there!!! I wish they'd sell it everywhere! I gotta drive far to get it!! Holy! I live in Watertown. But I have never paid much attention to it....

DaveHOz
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Hello --

There hasn't been a posting to this thread in six months, so I was seeking an update.

This past Christmas season, seemingly under cover of the traditional deluge of "Santa" Cokes, Coke C2 completely vanished from all stores here in my area of Orange County, Southern California. Only a fraction of stores here ever carried it, but now C2 is gone even from the "old faithfuls". Has Coke C2 now finally gone the way of the Betamax and the Commodore Amiga?

I liked C2 because it was less sweet and syrupy than Classic, without that chalky taste of Diet Cokes. If C2 is in fact "not only merely dead, but really most sincerely dead", are there any alternatives available? Or is there a way one could improvise a "mock" C2? I was thinking maybe if I took some Classic and diluted it with some plain carbonated H2O...

popologist
01-30-2007, 03:23 PM
mix come coke classic with coke zero. that'd probably be the closest thing to C2.

Mana211
01-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Still have C2 here in Tennessee.

I just had one with lunch today.

fwiw C2 is the only thing that keeps me from buying DR. Pepper. Coke Zero has stolen my Diet Dr. Pepper business as well...

[ 01-30-2007, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Mana211 ]

MISTICman
01-31-2007, 09:24 PM
We still have it in 12pks here in the Greensboro area, but that's the only size.

SURGE
02-13-2007, 12:23 AM
12 packs only in the Twin Cities. It seems everytime I inquire about it I'm told its just about to be pulled so I think its on its last leg. Zero I think was really the thing that killed it.