PDA

View Full Version : Coca-Cola's new mexican company: Salesko

ramonazo
08-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Today I saw on the news that Coca-Cola created a new company called Salesko (the last two letters are the abv. of The Coca-Cola Co. in NYSE), this company will take care of the nationwide distribution and marketing of non-carbonated Coke products in Mexico like Nestea, Powerade and the recently launched Ciel Aquarius and this company will launch new non-carbonated products soon, in this way, Coca-Cola will have a good control of the non-carbonated products without being careless with their main products: Sodas.

What's your opinion about Salesko?

[ 08-16-2005, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

SamC
08-17-2005, 10:47 PM
I assume this means that the bottlers have no distribution rights to non-carbs?

KO has always had a bad time when it tries to cut its distribution partners out of the deal.

BTW, I just returned from Cancun, my fourth trip to Mexico. Saw lots of interesting sodas. The Mexican people are always so welcoming and friendly. I stronly recomend any part of the country for tourism.

ramonazo
08-18-2005, 12:36 AM
I just read in another article that the bottlers will still produce the Coca-Cola non-carbonated beverages, Salesko will only take care of the distribution in point of sales like supermarkets, mini-markets, drugstores, etc.

SamC, I can imagine a lot of sodas you've found!!!, because there's Coca-Cola products and there's also Bepensa products (products from the Coca-Cola bottler in Cancun and Merida, Yuc.) like Cristal water, Cristal mineral water, Cristal Fruit sodas, Cristal Kids, Xtralife, Friolin, Bevi, Jugus, Shandy, etc. I've never went to Cancun but I'd like to try all!. But the sad thing is that there's no Ciel water there...

http://www.yucatan.com.mx/noticias/20050814/anuncios/TN_0FILLERO03.jpg

[ 08-17-2005, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]