PDA

View Full Version : Bad Tasting Beverages

bluredoasis
07-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Comments on Reeds Ginger Brew & Raspberry Brew
BAD!!!

Tell me other Sodas (Beverages) that were just aweful or down-right Bad.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-20-2006, 10:38 AM
IMO...

Diet Coke with Lemon (U.S.)
Diet Coke with Lime (U.S.)
Barq's (U.S.)
Pepsi Fire (Mex)
Pepsi Gold (Mex)
Pepsi Blue (Mex)
Pepsi Clear (Mex)
Ciel Dasani Grapefruit (Mex)... tastes like tomato
E-pura Essentials Water (Mex)... I don't like the aftertaste

[ 07-20-2006, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

bluredoasis
07-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Ramon,
Ciel Dasni Grapefruit ? Where can I find this marvelous drink, lol Is this Dasani Water made?
Why Tomato? Barq's HA! no-comment
Pepsi Fire? interesting
Try those Reeds Brews sometime and let me know.
Thanks for the feed-back..

.:.[S.H.C.].:.
07-20-2006, 10:57 AM
I don't like vault...and this one I haven't tasted, (I don't really want to either)it's called Goldin Pickle Juice - Original and Dill are the choices here............

Mr Zabe
07-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Diet Mountain Dew original formula = artificial pig piss.

Barq's Root Beer = artificial sweetened deer piss.

Coke Blac = concentrated carbonated reconstituted brown goat piss.

bluredoasis
07-20-2006, 12:00 PM
HA! lmao so piss does not taste good I see, lol
also funny is no one likes Barq's
but yet we got grief when we excluded it from our root beer taste test,,, to funny.
Why would we add Sweetened deer piss in our competition? to be fair? ha!

the saint
07-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Dang zabe I didn't know you went to that extreme to find new and exciting beverages. I would not have even thought of drinking goat, pig or deer piss. A cows maybe but not those,LOL

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by bluredoasis:
Ramon,
Ciel Dasni Grapefruit ? Where can I find this marvelous drink, lol Is this Dasani Water made?
Why Tomato? Barq's HA! no-comment
Pepsi Fire? interesting
Try those Reeds Brews sometime and let me know.
Thanks for the feed-back.. bluredoasis...
You can find Ciel Dasani at any supermarket in Mexico... is completely different from the american Dasani version and actually tastes like grapefruit with a hint of tomato...

[ 07-20-2006, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

Coke Blac = concentrated carbonated reconstituted brown goat piss. MrZ... LMAO :D
now I know what happened with the urine specimens of the veterinarian clinic...LOL :D

[ 07-20-2006, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

billygtexas
07-21-2006, 04:00 AM
Tons of store brands come to mind..Clover Valley Diet Cola from Dollar General may be the most nauseous thing ever.

My freind bought some Briar's Premium Root Beer from Big Lots. How it got to Texas is anyones guess since Big Lots carries a lot of weird off-brands. It looked like a good deal until we tried it. It had a very strange wintergreen-like taste that didnt taste like Root Beer at all. Maybe the long trip from NJ to TX might have spoiled it. Strange since BevNet gave it a 4 star rating.

Diet Coke
Crystal Pepsi
Caffeine-Free Diet Coke
Diet Coke with ANY exta flavors added.
Diet RC (big disapointment)
Diet A&W (or any diet root beer)
Dr Pepper Red Fusion
dnL
Diet 7-Up with Splenda
Fresca

[ 07-21-2006, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

Mr Nethead
07-21-2006, 05:01 AM
Bad Tasting Drinks:

Pepsi
Sierra Mist
Big Red (When I tried it I had to pour it down the sink.)

greg
07-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

Coke Blac = concentrated carbonated reconstituted brown goat piss. And you can make these comparisons by real world experience?!?!?!?!?! LOL

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-22-2006, 11:32 AM
C'mon guys, this thread is turning into a fanboy-fest. Let's stop posting stuff like "I hate Coke, it tastes nasty lol" and actually find a nasty drink that we can ALL agree on.

TaB Energy, anyone?

bluredoasis
07-22-2006, 12:30 PM
I agree DJ HAWAIIAN
Let's not turn this into backstreet-fanbase.
Never had TAB Energy, but the Reeds Ginger Brews are really really bad, but yet get good critic ratings, ? too funny.
I just wanted to know what people thought of certain beverages. I 've gotten pretty good responses from lots, thanks..

pitch_spice
07-23-2006, 05:52 AM
Jones Diet Black Cherry or something like that.

Hacksaw
07-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Good idea, DJ!

Note that poor storage or shipping conditions will RUIN sodas.

Fanta Tonic Water-back when I never met a Fanta I didn't like this showed up. The first Fanta I've poured down the drain.

Big Red-too bitter, like diet bubble gum.

Most of Jones flavors-do they cut corners on sweeteners? Interesting names, but bad tasting IMHO.

Shasta Diet Chocolate-it was around in the 70's, smelled nice, but worse tasting than baking chocolate!

Albertson's Kiwi Strawberry-I can stomach some store brands, but this was like carbonated vinegar.

raresoda20
07-23-2006, 08:31 PM
dr.pepper berries and cream taste like cough syrup, Yuck.

[ 07-23-2006, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: raresoda20 ]

CStoreCatMan
07-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Big Red = I had one sip several years ago and will never try it again.

Nethead - you can't be serious placing Pepsi and Mist in the same bucket as Big Red. If you work for Coke that's one thing...but c'mon.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-24-2006, 10:47 PM
I remember other two bad tasting sodas I've ever tried:

Mexican RC Cola and Caballitos Prime Cola...

bluredoasis
07-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Ramon, Is'nt Mexican RC Cola made with Cane? How could that be so bad?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Actually I don't remember if Mex RC Cola had HFCS or cane sugar... but tastes bad... too sweet...

[ 07-25-2006, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

-VV-
07-26-2006, 02:31 AM
I'm surpised no one has mentioned the entire line of holiday and special flavors of Jones Soda.

Among some of the more notable flavors:

Brussels Sprout with Prosciutto, Cranberry Sauce, Turkey & Gravy, Wild Herb Stuffing, Pumpkin Pie, Broccoli Casserole, Smoked Salmon Paté , Corn on the Cob, and Pecan Pie.

I wish I were kidding.

Doug
08-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Pepsi Holiday Spice was pretty nasty IMO

Doug
08-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by -VV-:
I'm surpised no one has mentioned the entire line of holiday and special flavors of Jones Soda.

Among some of the more notable flavors:

Brussels Sprout with Prosciutto, Cranberry Sauce, Turkey & Gravy, Wild Herb Stuffing, Pumpkin Pie, Broccoli Casserole, Smoked Salmon Paté , Corn on the Cob, and Pecan Pie.

I wish I were kidding. salmon-flavored soda?

jacksmom
08-19-2006, 09:33 AM
A while back Slice came out with Slice One flavors - I think an exclusive at Wal-Mart. The orange and grape flavors were okay, but the Strawberry Slice One was nasty! Maybe it's something with the strawberry flavor in general because I have yet to try a strawberry flavored soda that tastes good - diet or not.

Mr Zabe
08-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Jacksmon;
Try picking up a real fresh fridge pack or 2lt of Strawberry Crush. (If you can dig through the shelf a find the newest born date you can find.)

Cool it down and pour it over rinsed ice into a real glass tumbler. For a big three soda pop, you might find this one enjoyable. smile.gif

jacksmom
08-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks Mr. Zabe - I happened to see some Strawberry Crush just the other day at our local Wal-Mart - I'll have to give that a try!

rackitup
08-21-2006, 08:23 PM
I was recently let down by Thomas Kemper(made in Seattle WA.)

I purchased the 24 pack ast. at Costco.

The Orange Vanilla tasted like it was poured from a rotten chip board container, I was soo let down, Orange and cream is 1 of my all time favorite flavors.

The Ginger ale had the distintive flavor of adhesive bandages.

I was so let down by these flavors I posted here as well, LOL