PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Jazz -- so who likes it?

whotony
07-20-2006, 04:14 PM
just came back from shop-n-bag and found two flavors of pepsi that i havent seen before.

both called pepsi jazz.
one flavor is black cherry * french vanilla combo
other is strawberries and cream.
both sweetened with apartame

CStoreCatMan
07-20-2006, 04:17 PM
These are new...

They are basically new flavors of Diet Pepsi with the multi-flavored adds like you mention above. Not too bad but I'm not a diet drinker myself. Did you happen to try either yet?

whotony
07-20-2006, 04:32 PM
black cherry french van has more cherry flavor then
coke black cherry van

Ram0n C0keah0lic
07-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Are these now on sale? there's no word of them on pepsi.com

I repeat again... Pepsi Mexico should release those versions instead of awful experiments like Pepsi Fire or Pepsi Gold...

CStoreCatMan
07-20-2006, 05:10 PM
The official release date is July 31st...some markets got it earlier.

popologist
07-20-2006, 11:03 PM
so the word "diet" doesn't appear on the can? hmm. interesting approach.

redchucks219
07-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Just found these in the grocery store cooler today, still warm so they must have been very new. I must say they taste good and, to me not "diet" at all. And popologist Diet is printed on the bottle.

For Those who haven't seen it:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2723/img0750vj5.jpg

[ 07-21-2006, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: redchucks219 ]

Mr Zabe
07-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Once again my hopes are high.
I will try the new Jazz with an open mind.
Thanks for the picture. smile.gif

XLS_04
07-21-2006, 04:18 AM
Pepsi seems to always do a nice job with their graphics/packaging. I'm not much of a fan for diet drinks either but I will give this a try when it is released here.

halloaaryn
07-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Too bad its only in diet... i tried it and I HATE the sweeteners they use in Diet drinks. Well, thats all I could taste from the very first second

Diet is nasty

popologist
07-21-2006, 05:00 PM
like we've discussed in other threads, the new trend seems to be to only make flavor variations of sugar-free sodas.

i may try one of these eventually... if they're still around a few months from now... ;)

pepsidew
07-23-2006, 06:06 PM
i tried some today, not bad....and i hate diet soda. i doubt i will drink it much but i think diet soda drinkers will love them - the strawberries and cream is the better of the two in my opinion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/nredman/Jazz.jpg

Mr Zabe
07-24-2006, 05:15 AM
The Chicago Meijer food stores have Pepsi Jazz.
The promotion for this week is buy one fridge pack of Jazz and get one free fridge pack of Jazz.I beleive fridge packs of Pepsi are 4 for $9.

[ 07-24-2006, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

CStoreCatMan
07-24-2006, 11:19 AM
BevNet reviewed them...2.5 and 3 stars - not too bad for Diet CSD's.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
07-24-2006, 10:23 PM
woodmans had 20 oz bottles, 2/1.00, and no fridgepacks yet. i have tried the strawberries n cream, its good for a diet. It made my Diet a-list... i have yet to try the black cherry french vanilla ( god what a mouthful).

Dr. Galaga
07-25-2006, 12:55 PM
I picked some up yesterday and I was hoping that the flavors will help hide the diet taste. I just cracked open a Strawberries & Cream. Yep, still has the diet aftertaste!

greg
07-25-2006, 01:14 PM
I am a diet drinker. My favorite being DCVDP. I had high hopes for the Black Cherry French Vanilla JAZZ.

I feel as though I wasted $1.19. I had my buddy who loves Diet Coke Black Cherry Vanilla and he didn't like it all either.
The after taste was horrible and it had an ugly bite from the sweetner.
my .02

Mr Zabe
07-25-2006, 01:32 PM
First off...I have not tried Jazz as of yet.

Second.....Why can't the brilliant R & R geniuses of the Big Three soda pop companies figure out how to create a low carb/diet soda pop that tastes good to a drinker of sugar soda pop.

Since I have switched to HFCS/Sugar soda pop, the diet soda pops taste like crap. My pallet just can't stand aspartame or splenda. Why I ask???

[ 07-25-2006, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

popologist
07-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

Second.....Why can't the brilliant R & R geniuses of the Big Three soda pop companies figure out how to create a low carb/diet soda pop that tastes good to a drinker of sugar soda pop.

Since I have switched to HFCS/Sugar soda pop, the diet soda pops taste like crap. My pallet just can't stand aspartame or splenda. Why I ask??? i think you're expecting too much from your taste buds.

if you're used to drinking sugary sodas, your taste buds are gonna be calibrated for that... and, so, when you drink diet, the after taste is going to be more prominent.

however, i know of lots of people who drink diet regularly, and they actually don't like the taste of sugary sodas anymore.

i've also noticed this in myself. i mean, i've liked coke zero from the beginning, but... the more i drink it, the better it tastes. and i barely even notice it's diet anymore.

if you want to enjoy diet soda, you have to stop drinking so much regular soda... i think. ;)

greg
07-25-2006, 02:46 PM

Since I have switched to HFCS/Sugar soda pop, the diet soda pops taste like crap. My pallet just can't stand aspartame or splenda. Why I ask??? COST! They could use Sucralose, but to put that in the drink would create havoc on their bottom line. People expect a new soda from one of the big 3 to be priced in line with the rest of their portfolio. To all of a sudden(coke Blak the exception) come out with a drink that is .20 cents higher in cost in the same 20oz bottle to maintain a margin the consumer would balk at it creating a quicker than normal death for soda company new products.

greg
07-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
[
if you want to enjoy diet soda, you have to stop drinking so much regular soda... i think. ;) The human body can be conditioned to change in as little as 21 days. This must be done consistently, regimently, and with focus.
This holds true whether it be exercise, learning a new skill, changing your taste, quiting a habit, etc.

mxzebrax
07-27-2006, 01:28 PM
I have bought both, and i though the Strawberries and Cream one, was a little forced, it was really unnatuaral to me. However, i though that the BLack cherry variety was really good. It mixed a lot better with the pepsi flavor.... But how long does everyone think that they will last?

Mr Zabe
07-27-2006, 02:44 PM
A good 9 months. LOLOLOLOLOL

greg
07-27-2006, 03:17 PM
A good 9 months. LOLOLOLOLOL LOL

mjb1124
07-27-2006, 03:46 PM
I think these are great. The Black Cherry Vanilla has a much stronger and more natural-tasting black cherry flavor than Coke's variant, and reminds me of a cola float with cherry vanilla ice cream. The Strawberries and Cream is perhaps a little bit too much on the sweet side, but it's still a great blend of flavors. And neither of them taste very "diety" to me, although in all fairness, I'm a regular diet soda drinker.

I would agree that these flavors probably won't be around very long, but I'll enjoy them while they last.

[ 07-27-2006, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: mikibacsi1124 ]

XLS_04
07-28-2006, 01:36 AM
I tried the Strawberries and Creme today, I really don't like strawberry too much but I did enjoy it.

ravyn0211
07-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Black Cherry Vanilla Jazz (in my opinion) tastes like a liquid chocolate covered cherry. Not bad, but a strange taste for a soda. Jury's still out for me. I'll have to give it another try.

SaosiNH
07-29-2006, 10:23 PM
The store I work at just got our first shipment of Jazz today. They unloaded them into the coolers early this morning so by the time i got off, they were nice and chilled. I picked up the Strawberry one and it is my new favorite diet soda. In my opinion, the stuff is incredible. Adn I've never liked any of the cream or vanilla variations of soda. But this has the perfect blend of flavors that more than make up for the slight diet aftertaste (which I don't really mind at all, but I know others do),

[ 07-29-2006, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: SaosiNH ]

fusion
07-29-2006, 10:43 PM
Don't get too attached to it.. they're only around for a limited time.

SaosiNH
07-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah. Thats the part that sucks. It should be around for a few months though. Ill stock up on them and then when they're all gone, I'll just have to find a new fave.

rackitup
07-30-2006, 11:36 AM
I found 1 Bottle at an Am/Pm, and bought it even though the bottle was kinda sucked in.

I have been afraid 2 try it because of the bottl, LOL.

I figure it was probably a Sample because there was not a facing 4 it in the cooler, and it did not scan at the checkout.

Maybee it was in a salesmans Hot car and got this way ?

Is it safe 2 drink ?

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Don't get too attached to it.. they're only around for a limited time. I hope so. It always amazes me how Pepsi(at least in the US, anyway) copies Coke's lukewarm variants months later and also have crappy sales.

But to be fair, it sounds like these sodas may be more popular that Pepsi had planned.

[ 07-31-2006, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: DJ HawaiianShirt ]

Mr Zabe
07-30-2006, 08:21 PM
I saw Pepsi Jazz fridge packs this morning at my local Jewel (Albertson's) grocery store. Granted there was a sale on Pepsi fridge packs 5 for $10,during the past 3 days, Pepsi Jazz was pretty well shopped.

CStoreCatMan
07-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
Don't get too attached to it.. they're only around for a limited time. Are you saying that because you don't think they'll last long? I ask because, to my knowledge, these are not limited releases...

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fusion:
Don't get too attached to it.. they're only around for a limited time. Are you saying that because you don't think they'll last long? I ask because, to my knowledge, these are not limited releases... </font>[/QUOTE]Vanilla Coke
Pepsi Vanilla
Pepsi Twist
Diet Coke with Lemon
Coke with Lime

None of these were intended to be limited releases only.

CStoreCatMan
07-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by fusion:
Don't get too attached to it.. they're only around for a limited time. Are you saying that because you don't think they'll last long? I ask because, to my knowledge, these are not limited releases... </font>[/QUOTE]Vanilla Coke
Pepsi Vanilla
Pepsi Twist
Diet Coke with Lemon
Coke with Lime

None of these were intended to be limited releases only. </font>[/QUOTE]All of those had at least a year or two or three before leaving us. Not really a valid point there...

Ron Albanese
07-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey! I was performing at a festival all weekend, and Pepsi went big guns and had a Jazz booth with samples ... the strawberry one is far better! The Pepsi guy thought so, too ... I ribbed him as well, asking where the EDGE samples were!

ravyn0211
07-31-2006, 11:30 PM
Ewwww!! Just tried the Strawberry one. I really do not like the taste. The Cherry one is far better to me.

jmyjunk
08-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Bravo Pepsi.

They countinue to create fantastic diet soft drinks.
Strawberry and creme is tasty, and the french vanilla black cherry is fantastic. As someone mentioned earlier, it taste like choclate covered cherries.

Pepsi seems to get it right when it comes to diet sodas, and the have a hit on their hands here.

Tannerman
08-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Don't like either flavor of Jazz.

Android
08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
I tried the strawberries one last night and I thought it was pretty good, actually. Haven't sampled the black cherry one yet though.
-Andy

wonkapete
08-04-2006, 03:59 PM
I just went by my local Pepsi plant to see a friend that is in management there. He gave me a lot of Jazz advertising, blow up bottles, signs, stickers, etc.

He said it won't be here long. Will most likely be gone by the end of the year.

So, I loaded up with the advertising.

The King
08-04-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm drinking strawberries and creme right now, and it's pretty good, I like that the creme flavor isn't overpowering, but it's not something I'll buy on a fregular basis.

Same with Black Cherry/French Vanilla. It does taste far better than BCVDC, once again with the Vanilla taste not overpowering like in Coke's offering. Of course Pepsi's Vanilla flavor was better than coke's anyway, so I'm not surprised.

I'll take the Strawberry over the Cherry here.

XLS_04
08-05-2006, 01:44 AM
I have not tried the Black Cherry French Vanilla version yet. I really do like the strawberries and creme though, I even bought 12 pack of it. I usually don't even drink diet but for some reason you can't tell this is diet too much.

Dr Thunder86
08-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Strawberries and Cream is much better then French Vanilla Black Cherry, it has too much of a after taste!!

Tri-Magnum
08-22-2006, 11:16 AM
I really like the black cherry n' French vanilla, it reminds me of vanilla pepsi with some cherry limeade Icy-drink (Icy-drinks can only be found in the 7-Elevens of the Oklahoma City metro area of Oklahoma). I also tried a little of the srawberries and creme and it really reminded of Creme Savers.

billygtexas
08-26-2006, 04:26 PM
It's a shame Pepsi is just making Jazz a short-time item because I think they have a winner. I didnt expect much because I didnt like Cherry or Lemon Diet Pepsi. The added flavors clashed with the regular Diet Pepsi formula, but this time it works.

The Black Cherry & French Vanilla Jazz tastes a lot like Cherry-Vanilla Dr Pepper, but the blend of flavors was much smoother and sweeter. If it wasnt for just a little aftertaste you could fool some people into thinking it was a regular HFCS cola.

[ 08-26-2006, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

Mr Zabe
08-26-2006, 04:41 PM
LOL
I brought a 12pk of Super Value Jewel Cherry Cola and a fridge pack of Dr Pepper;I prefer to make my own Jazz. LOL It is cool to see a new diet soda pop do well. smile.gif

Popboy
09-07-2006, 03:52 PM
It's finally here in Canada. Bought 2 591ml, and have to say the S&C flavour is pretty good, haven't seen C&FV yet though...

[ 09-07-2006, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Popboy ]

ColaFan
09-11-2006, 01:37 AM
They are OK tasting. Would like them better if they were sweetened with Splenda. With Pepsi One they roved they can make good tasting beverages using Splenda.

jblaviback
09-11-2006, 02:10 PM
I can't believe this is getting such good reviews from you guys. I tasted the strawberries and creme and thought it tasted pretty bad. I did not taste any cremeness and the strawberry flavor was sort of sour. This may be due to the fact that it is diet and I hate diet, but still it's crazy that this is getting the reviews that it is...

Mr Zabe
09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
I have not tasted Jazz but my Mom who is a long time diet pepsi drinker said the strawberry flavor tasted worse than cough syrup. :(

[ 09-11-2006, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-11-2006, 07:49 PM
I saw an ad of Pepsi Jazz in one of the issues of In Touch Magazine... OMG those bottles look so mouthwatering...

jblaviback
09-11-2006, 11:26 PM
I saw an ad of Pepsi Jazz in one of the issues of In Touch Magazine... OMG those bottles look so mouthwatering... Don't worry Ramon, you arn't missing out on anything. Take it from Zabe's Mom, it tastes something like cough syrup :( :cool:

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by jblaviback:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I saw an ad of Pepsi Jazz in one of the issues of In Touch Magazine... OMG those bottles look so mouthwatering... Don't worry Ramon, you arn't missing out on anything. Take it from Zabe's Mom, it tastes something like cough syrup :( :cool: </font>[/QUOTE]LOL :D

el hombre de los moleculos
09-12-2006, 07:03 PM
i didn't like either of them. they sounded good, but just disappointed.

Mr Zabe
09-12-2006, 07:59 PM
LOL
My Mom knows her diet Pepsi.LOL

Dr Thunder86
10-01-2006, 11:26 PM
They had Pepsi Jazz 2 liters at the local store for 69 cents. Hpoefully there just trying to get more people to try it and not discontinuing it. I really like it myself :(

DakotaDave
10-02-2006, 06:44 PM
My thing is I love Pepsi, but why couldnt they bring these flavors out in regular Pepsi. I dont like diet pop and though the flavors were good; it was kinda bland and had a bad after-taste.

iluvsurge220
10-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by DakotaDave:
My thing is I love Pepsi, but why couldnt they bring these flavors out in regular Pepsi. I dont like diet pop and though the flavors were good; it was kinda bland and had a bad after-taste. I was getting ready to say the exact same thing. Why did they just bring these flavors out in diet? Not everyone, like myself, drinks diet pop. I'm never gonna drink either of these simply because they are diet. I have tasted both of them and I believe the flavors would be great in regular pepsi, but I just don't like the taste of diet pop. Plus, I am a teenager with a high metabolism so there is no need for me to drink diet pop.

pepsipimp
10-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Dr Thunder86:
They had Pepsi Jazz 2 liters at the local store for 69 cents. Hpoefully there just trying to get more people to try it and not discontinuing it. I really like it myself :( We are out of the Strawberries & Cream Jazz 2Liters and I have been told that when its gone...its gone. We are going to keep doing 12packs but 2Liters aren't sticking around... at least not here.

popologist
01-27-2007, 10:17 AM
while looking for cherry coke zero i came across a 12-pack of strawberries & cream pepsi jazz so picked one up.

when i got home, to my surprise, the cans were cold (they must've just come off the truck), so i popped one open and...

i was pleasantly surprised. it's quite good. much better than the "berry/cream" versions of dr pepper and diet coke. there's very little after taste at all (though i drink mostly diets/zeros).

i'd buy it again and will likely try the other flavors as well (and that's coming from a coca-cola fan).

unfortunately, i haven't had a taste of cherry coke zero yet.

i'm not sure if pepsi products were on sale (or just jazz), but the 12-pack of jazz was $3.00 (really cheap for NYC) and the coke zero was the standard $4.99.

[ 01-27-2007, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]

MISTICman
01-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Well.....the Pepsi distributor down here is going under a major change. A BUNCH of products are being discontinued. I'm not sure if Diet Pepsi Jazz is one of them, but we just got a tag in saying "PEPSI JAZZ CARAMEL". The tags for the other Jazzes do say Diet. Looks like we will have something new soon. Another one of those is Squirt.....figure that one out.

popologist
01-27-2007, 02:56 PM
maybe pepsi is trying to make "jazz" mean "diet." like coke made "zero" mean "diet".