PDA

View Full Version : MD Baja Blast == MY Melon??!

mickstafa
07-30-2004, 05:00 PM
Ok, I havne't read the board in a few weeks, so when I went to Taco Bell for lunch today, I was totally shocked to see this new flavor of Dew!

Although it is toted as being a lime flavor, to me, it tastes very similar to my beloved Mello Yello Melon!

Of course I just may be crazy... afterall I thought that Pepsi Blue was reminicent of Crystal Pepsi...

Anywho, good job Mountain Dew! Best MD flavor out there. I just wish it would be bottled.

-Mick

melloyelloluver
07-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Wow! if you say it tastes like MY Melon, I can't wait to try it. Mello Yello Melon is like the best Citrus soda of all time. Still waiting for the stuff to come to my Taco Bell though. This Mountain Dew Baja Sounds interesting! smile.gif

surge_my_afterglow
08-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Not quite like MY melon, leans more to DNL mixed with pepsi blew, but it is similar

Shatter
08-07-2004, 11:32 PM
It's not like MY Melon at all. There's a good kick of lime flavor in the new Baja Blast. It's not as good as the melon flavor in Mello Yello.

I bought Mello Yello Melon and Cherry a few years ago on a trip through Louisiana, and I looked in the same stores when I went there a few days ago, but they didn't have it anymore. I really miss Melon, dammit!

DietCokeEnthusiast
08-10-2004, 01:40 PM
I think baja tastes a lot like Sprite Ice...I dunno, it seemed more minty than limey...

fusion
08-10-2004, 05:29 PM
It's got a very weak lime flavor. Canada Dry Island Lime was much, much better.