PDA

View Full Version : ran into Crush Tropical Punch and Pineapple in Chicago today..

Robot
08-19-2005, 01:23 AM
had never seen them before..

pineapple didnt seem that exotic

but tropical punch seemed like a cool item so i picked up the only two 2liters they had, the guy at the counter said whenever he gets them in it sells really quickly..

so, is crush going to pump up distribution in chicago or does this guy just happen to get odd sodas??

Mr Zabe
08-19-2005, 01:36 AM
Jimmy,
Did you find this at a MaPa store?
I never come across the ones you seem to find.

Robot
08-19-2005, 02:44 AM
It is a small convenience-style mart near lasalle/huron in downtown chicago.. I bought the last two 2liters of tropical punch, but he seemed to think it was a regular delivery, and specifically mentioned that flavor sold out nearly instantly when he got it.. the pineapple crush still had like 8-10 2 liters left.

i had been in there MANY times before, and have never noticed this, but i rarely check out the 2 liter section, however, i found it quite odd he had them this time and never before, along with the fact i have never even seen the label of this on the internet, let alone a store in chicago.

check it out, next time if i am in there and see any ill be sure to PM you.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-19-2005, 09:45 AM
if i had a digital camera, i would've taken a picture several years ago. i think i may get one soon, but anyways, tropical punch has been available in detroit for quite sometime in 2L and 16oz glass bottles.

it's locally bottled, whereas the 12pk cans or 2L or 20oz, 6pk half liters etc... are made in the midwest by abarta or dpsu.