PDA

View Full Version : Wow...Just wow....

SaveCitra
08-20-2005, 07:05 PM
http://www.savesurge.org/surge/kc_dew.jpg
I know if you have been to savesurge or vaultkicks that you have already seen this. Discuss.

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-20-2005, 07:16 PM
In my mind, a truly open-minded and well-rounded soda fan would be able to tell the difference between all of them and appreciate each for what it is.

I, personally, prefer both Surge(Vault) and Mello Yello to Mt Dew, although I like them all. Mt Dew Code Red, however, beats all of 'em. :D

Does anybody know for sure if that's an official banner? That's some pretty aggressive advertising.

SEV smile.gif

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-20-2005, 07:53 PM
that is awesome! hahahahahahahahahaha

pepsi's got coke on this one, and while you personally may not agree, it's all in the sales figures folks.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-20-2005, 07:53 PM
btw, where was that banner hung?

Mr Zabe
08-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Speak about a "ball breaker" banner. LOL
Seems rather odd that would be a genuine MD
add banner.

SaveCitra
08-20-2005, 08:53 PM
On the site it said that it was outside of a South Carolina bottler this summer. I believe savesurge can confirm this.

pepsidew
08-20-2005, 09:14 PM
i love it :D

Hacksaw
08-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Actually, Mello Yello came before Surge. But, it is a good point. Coca Cola is still in disarray in this area.

SaveCitra
08-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Vault my man....Vault.

ramonazo
08-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Pepsi always use bad comparisons with Coke to appeal to the people, I hate that! they should learn of Coke that they almost never make jokes of Pepsi.

[ 08-21-2005, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: ramonazo ]

guaranajunkie
08-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Where in SC was that banner at? I wanna go find it and take it down, still suprised that it doesn't have the vault logo there

Mello Yello Luver
08-21-2005, 05:31 PM
To me, it sounds like Pepsi is nervous about Vault.

Gives me an idea. If I were Coke I would advertise Vault as: Drink Vault-Join The Revolution! I think it would attract the teenage Rebels. Good advetising idea, I think.

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-21-2005, 06:43 PM
pepsi's not that nervous about vault. i'm sure you'll see some more mountain dew push but i have seen less vault on displays recently. i think the next big thing will be to put vault in 24pk cans, as cce runs a lot of 24pk can ads in stores up here in michigan.

ithastabeshasta
08-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Mello Yello Luver:
. I would say it's more like they are poking fun at Coca Cola for the numerous times they have tried to beat Mountain Dew.

Pepsi has nothing to worry about, Vault is not going to beat Mountain Dew.

Mello Yello Luver
08-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Didn't you guys hear the news at vaultkicks.org?
A Coke Rep said that VAULT sales have been "incredible". And Coke has recently hired an add agency. This most likely means Vault will be going national. I think this gives Pepsi a reason to be nervous.

RWTLG - The reason Vault is losing shelf space is because they can't keep it on the shelf. And the test Run ends Labor day. So Vault will soon begin to run low.

[ 08-21-2005, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

ithastabeshasta
08-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Well I would imagine that sales would be "incredible" in the beginning as people try it for the first time. As I recall Surge sales were "incredible" in the beginning and then faded, we all know what happened to Surge.

Just so you know I am not a huge Mountain Dew fan nor do I really care if Vault makes it. I would much rather have a Sun Drop or Ski if I am going to drink something in the Citrus category. I rarely drink any product that comes from the big 2 companies in the soft drink industry.

Mr Zabe
08-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Here are my uneducated thoughts on this.

Just going by the recent Diet Coke w/Splenda and Coke Zero national roll outs, Mountain Dew has nothing to worry about.

At this point Vault has been in a few test markets that were picked by Coca Cola for various reasons. If Vault is a good soda pop( I assume it is.) some Mountain Dew drinkers will try it for a while, that's for the short run due to heavy discounts and promotions. Mountain Dew will also do the same discounts and promotions.

My point is good/superb soda pops will do well assuming marketing and promotion elements are done well. Mountain Dew is a good product that has been a cult to national beverage of choice across the spectrum of demographics.

The Jury is still out if Vault can over take Mountain Dew. I remain open to Vault but for now there is nothing like a cold can of Mountain Dew.

[ 08-21-2005, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

iowacity
08-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by ithastabeshasta:
Well I would imagine that sales would be "incredible" in the beginning as people try it for the first time. As I recall Surge sales were "incredible" in the beginning and then faded, we all know what happened to Surge.

Just so you know I am not a huge Mountain Dew fan nor do I really care if Vault makes it. I would much rather have a Sun Drop or Ski if I am going to drink something in the Citrus category. I rarely drink any product that comes from the big 2 companies in the soft drink industry. My thoughts exactly. I love SunDrop. Pepsi isn't (and shouldn't) be worried about Vault.

Mello Yello Luver
08-22-2005, 02:57 AM
We will have to wait and see what happens. I hope Vault does well. But Dew will be a tough soda to compeate against. Mello Yello has been around 20+ years and only sells about 10% of what Dew does.

I think Pepsi has this add up in South Carolina due to some serious competion from Vault and Mello Yello. Coke Consolidated does a good job with it's citrus brands. When I was in SC in June. Mello Yello was in 90% of the fountians. And all the grocery stores had it. All the Convience stores had Vault and Mello Yello. And all the Coke machines had eiether Mello Yello or Vault.

But thats only in the Southeast. In most of the Country Dew is King.

[ 08-22-2005, 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

TaB
08-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Eugh, MD is nas-tay.

Sundrop is the best, glass bottle with real sugar, please.

ramonazo
08-22-2005, 10:16 PM
I have to admit that one of my favorite U.S. sodas is Mt. Dew Code Red, but I say again that this kind of advertising is unfair, and Coke doesn't have to use that advertising practices to gain the public's attention because they don't need to do that comparisons, (we'll, sometimes, I forgot the Max Headroom campaign).

[ 08-22-2005, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Ramon el Coca-Colero ]

Android
08-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Ugh, is right. I don't like Dew at all, nor any of the sodas in that type of Citrus (orange juice) category. The 7-up/Sprite type of citrus is what I like.

A few years ago when Pepsi came out with Storm, was that supposed to be a brige between LL Slice and Dew? I didn't like Storm either, but I thought Diet Storm was pretty good.

-Andy

Darren
08-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Owned.

iluvsurge220
08-23-2005, 05:45 PM
I would love to see Vault just destroy Mountain Dew. LOL I know that can only happen in my dreams, but I really wanna see Vault do well. I loved Surge but it came to an abrupt halt, and mello yello is good, but it just can't compete with MD. If Vault completely took over the citrus industry one day, I would laugh at all of you MD die hards. Yeah I love mountain dew, but I am a coke man. I'd like to see what the world would come to if MD was one day discontinued.

PSOmasterX77
08-23-2005, 05:50 PM
w00t Mountain Dew foreverrrrr

Mr Zabe
08-23-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm from the variety is the spice of life camp.
I seem to go back and fourth drinking soda pop from the big three. I really enjoy changing my rotation.

I know when Vault hits Chi Town I will be drinking it for a good while. Competiton keeps everyone on their toes. LOL

[ 08-23-2005, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Dewman1979
08-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Mountain dew will walk all over "vault"

Mello Yello Luver
08-25-2005, 11:59 PM
I will always be a Mello Yello fan. But I hope Vault puts a dent in Mountain Dew. And I will support it when it goes national.

(Nice comments iluvsurge220!!!)

[ 08-26-2005, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

ramonazo
08-26-2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Mello Yello Luver:
Didn't you guys hear the news at vaultkicks.org?
A Coke Rep said that VAULT sales have been "incredible". And Coke has recently hired an add agency. This most likely means Vault will be going national. I think this gives Pepsi a reason to be nervous.

RWTLG - The reason Vault is losing shelf space is because they can't keep it on the shelf. And the test Run ends Labor day. So Vault will soon begin to run low. This note supports your statement, check this:
http://www.checkyourmessage.com/vault/jesse_article.jpg
found it on: www.vaultkicks.org (http://www.vaultkicks.org)

[ 08-26-2005, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Mr Zabe
08-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Oh, No!!!!!
As has been said on this board by other posters and myself, Vault is not in any way other than a good/great soda pop with a good amount of caffeine.

If Coca Cola is allowing the media to proclaim Vault as a new energy drink than I predict this will come to be the potential down fall of this brand.

As well just the label of "Energy Drink" will keep a good number of on the fence consumers from trying it.

What the heck are the suits at Coca Cola thinking about? Keep us customers happy and be straight with us....no?

[ 08-26-2005, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

karks88
08-26-2005, 01:43 PM
I think Vault is going to put a dent in Dew, but it'll take years of commitment from Coke if they are going to try and overtake it.

Right now Vault has dedicated fans and that's a great start. Coke needs to stick with it though, they can't just pull it at the first sign of trouble.

Remember, SURGE came out under an old regime and for better or worse they put a ton of money behind it. Hopefully, the new brass won't overspend their budget and instead will keep trying to steadily grow the brand.

Dew wasn't built in a day and so Coke can't create serious competition in a day either smile.gif

No Soda
08-27-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm not a big Dew fan, but having tried the other two products, I have to agree...

omerta
08-27-2005, 12:39 PM
im sorry, but "pepsi is nervous about vault" is a laugh. have you seen the packaging for vault?? thats all im gonna say....

PSOmasterX77
08-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Dew has more caffeine, dew's been around longer, dew has better marketing, dew has tons and tons of drinkers who aren't just going to switch over to Vault. Most of them got tired of Surge, and Mello Yello, and there's a good chance Vault's going to go the same way too.

SURGE
08-31-2005, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by PSOmasterX77:
Dew has more caffeine,Hmm you may wanna check up on that one. ;)

CaffeineBoy
08-31-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ithastabeshasta:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mello Yello Luver:
. I would say it's more like they are poking fun at Coca Cola for the numerous times they have tried to beat Mountain Dew.

Pepsi has nothing to worry about, Vault is not going to beat Mountain Dew. </font>[/QUOTE]Agreed. like i said in the other thread, coke is now on it's third competitor for Dew, while Dew has been going strong for decades. i don't think they have anything to worry about. the banner was just a little joke by Pepsi.

mjb1124
08-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, look at how many times Pepsi has tried to compete with Sprite and 7 Up...

Mr Zabe
08-31-2005, 12:07 PM
Seria Mist,has to be a big disappointment.
(Understatement of the century. LOL)

PSOmasterX77
08-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Ah yeah Dew no longer has more caffeine good point...but it still looks more "energizing" than a bottle of Vault.

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Vault is not an energy drink.

It claims to have the feel of a soda, but the "kick" of an energy drink.

Of course, this kick is caffeine. It has a lot of it, and is quite possibly the biggest difference between it and Surge.

It just goes to show that Coke is serious about competing with Dew.(if Vault goes national)

SEV smile.gif

Dewman1979
08-31-2005, 09:03 PM
sierra mist is good.

it's top ten standing tells me it is not a disappointment