PDA

View Full Version : 7-Up Plus Issue

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Have many people tried the new 7-Up Pluses?

I thought the Cherry was pretty good, and I think the Island Fruit is VERY good. They both are much more pleasing than 7-Up's first iteration.

But has anyone, like me, noticed that they taste very salty?

I compared the sodium content to several other products in my refrigerator and noticed that it's really not high sodium at all.

My theory is that because Splenda has less aftertaste than aspertame, that the salty finish is no longer hidden like in other diet sodas. Does anybody else think it tastes salty? Even the original 7-Up Plus was like that for me.

Anyway, Island Fruit 7-Up Plus is my new no-calorie, no-caffeine drink.

SEV :cool:

SaveCitra
08-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Berry ia absolutely putrid!

Hacksaw
08-21-2005, 12:45 AM
Mixed Berry's not too good. I'm in no hurry to try the other Pluses.

Look In The Tunk
08-21-2005, 01:09 AM
I bet after a while Mixed Berry gets phased out. I've never heard of anyone really loving that stuff.

DrPepperYummy
08-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Well mixed berry has been reformulated, so it might be worth a second try, just make sure you're trying to new stuff and not old shelf product. Check the label carefully... you'll notice on the new 7up plus flavors you will only see "fruit juice and calcium" under the logo.. if you see "vitamin C" you don't want to try that its the older formulation.

If you don't like the berry taste in soda's you probably still won't like it, but its now a softer taste for lack of a good description there?

Mr Zabe
08-22-2005, 11:15 PM
I tried the old formula berry when if first came out and wondered what 7up was trying to pull off.
It tasted pretty darn nasty. I will gladly try the new formula with an open mind. smile.gif

[ 08-22-2005, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

iluvsurge220
08-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Where are you finding these new 7-up pluses at? I haven't been able to find them anywhere around here.

Acheron
08-24-2005, 03:32 PM
The original Mixed Berry is horrible, and I have seen it lose it's pink color with time. Not appetizing.

Island Fruit is quite excellent, though I can't quite place what the flavor is. I think there's some orange maybe some pineapple.

Cherry is better than regular Cherry 7-up, as it actually tastes like cherry.

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Dr Yummy, good advice.

Acheron, I actually saw a clear bottle of Berry Plus one time and wondered what the hell was going on.

The Island Fruit Plus has a mango taste, and it's the truest mango flavor I've ever had short of mango nectar.

Unforunately, the more I drink Island Fruit, the more it tastes like Pez candy to me. Does anybody else think so? Think about Pez when you drink it and tell me.

SEV smile.gif