PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Dew Ad=Not Cool

Mello Yello Luver
08-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Check out this Mountain Dew add:
http://www.savesurge.org/surge/kc_dew.shtml

What do you guys think? I think it insulting to Surge, Mello Yello, and Vault fans.

[ 08-23-2005, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

Mr Zabe
08-21-2005, 05:06 PM
See the "wow just wow" thread from yesterday.
The picture of that banner and a whole bunch of posts about that banner are there.

Your new thread is an exact repeat from yesterday.

pepsidew
08-23-2005, 08:11 PM
i found it "very " funny

and i doubt pepsi is worried about Vault

Robot
08-23-2005, 08:24 PM
its not an insult to fans

its an insult to coke

if someone says that the soda you happen to like sucks, do you get insulted?

if you do, problem.

Mello Yello Luver
08-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Company's like Pepsi and Subway make me mad. They insult the big boys (Coke and McDonalds) and think there cool. But Coke is still #1 in beverage sales. And McDonalds is still #1 in fast food sales. Pepsi and Subway come in second. I find Coke and McDonalds more respectable than the other two. They don't make fun of there competators and there still #1. Ha Ha!

[ 08-24-2005, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

Mr Zabe
08-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Funny, my local subway which is the best store in my area, just switched over to a Coca Cola fountain ( no mellow yellow :( ). The cherry coke is outstanding. I could not tell you why but this fountain has killer cherry coke. LOL

[ 08-24-2005, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
08-24-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:
its not an insult to fans

its an insult to coke

if someone says that the soda you happen to like sucks, do you get insulted?

if you do, problem. Well... yes, I feel insulted for that ad as a Coke fan, and yes, I have a really serious problem... LOL.

BTW, here in Ags. the first and only one Subway in Ags. opened here since past year ends and they serve Pepsi, but what I don't understand is... If Subway selected Coca-Cola as their worldwide beverage provider, why Subway serves Pepsi in Mexico?

http://www2.coca-cola.com/ourcompany/wn20031212_subway.html

[ 08-24-2005, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

PSOmasterX77
08-24-2005, 01:57 PM
What kind of insecure moron gets offended by a freaking ad for soda-pop? lmao

Mr Zabe
08-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Just my two cents.
Calling people names because they have different opinions is darn right ugly.

Big deal and so what if someone finds something offensive!!!

MrR has been nothing but a great member to this board. His in depth information and amazing pictures have for sure been an education to me and others.

So what if he loves Coca Cola to the point of being upset. In my book he is a loyal fan. smile.gif

PSOmasterX77
08-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Well it wasn't just aimed at him, but mostly at anyone who's like downright truely offended by that. I mean come on, its an advertisement for a citrus soda, it truely means close to nothing in the big picture of life, so why so many people like the fanboys at savesurge are getting so upset over it is beyond me.

ramonazo
08-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Thank you buddy Zabe! :D , and It's Ok PSO, no problem, maybe I exagerated a little bit :rolleyes: , but don't use a really offensive word like "insecure moron", because with this word you don't insult me, you insult the people that are upset too by the Mt. Dew ad. who expressed it on this board... and they don't deserve that...

[ 08-25-2005, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

BottleBoss
08-25-2005, 08:28 AM
I think people get offended way to easily these days. A person who gets offended over what a person 'says', truly has major personal problems. Remember that little kid saying about sticks and stones....? Well these days it reads like this.... Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will make me want to kill you. Shrug it off people. Stop being so offended. Don't give other people power over you by letting them offend you.

Mr Zabe
08-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Gee I thought that old saying Mom told me as a kid was, " Sticks and Stones may break your bones, if you don't shut your mouth,our lawyer will sue your ass." LMAO

I'm a touch sensitive because as a young kid I was picked on and humiliated by a bully. My life did not get better until high school and being able to buy cold coke for in school lunch. LOL

[ 08-25-2005, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Once again, it can be seen that Coke/Pepsi loyalties rival those of politics.

SEV redface.gif

ramonazo
08-25-2005, 03:26 PM
True, like politicians here, PRI, PAN and PRD members always fight, and never agree something.

Dewman1979
08-25-2005, 11:19 PM
oh grow up. Surge and mellow yellow both got their collective asses kicked my mountain dew, take your lumps and go home.

CaffeineBoy
08-29-2005, 11:14 AM
THANK YOU, Dewman.

i think it's funny how surge fans think surge is being bashed and moutain dew is worried about vault. nothing against surge fans, but mountain dew was around decades before surge, and is still going strong years after surge was discontinued. meanwhile coke is on it's third competitor for dew.

anyways, i'm still a dew fan and life rolls on eh?
(it's still just soda, keep your pants on everyone tongue.gif )

[ 08-29-2005, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: CaffeineBoy ]

PSOmasterX77
08-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by CaffeineBoy:
THANK YOU, Dewman.

i think it's funny how surge fans think surge is being bashed and moutain dew is worried about vault. nothing against surge fans, but mountain dew was around decades before surge, and is still going strong years after surge was discontinued. meanwhile coke is on it's third competitor for dew.

anyways, i'm still a dew fan and life rolls on eh?
(it's still just soda, keep your pants on everyone tongue.gif ) Perfectly said, thank you. Every bit of that is true.

Mello Yello Luver
08-30-2005, 12:02 AM
I'm not the only one who is insulted by this add.

Check out this picture:
http://www.savesurge.org/surge/robs_dew.shtml

[ 08-30-2005, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

SURGE
08-31-2005, 02:44 AM
Pepsi Vs. Coke again? Whats the real issue here? As far as I can tell there is none. First everybody knows Pepsi didn't invent Dew and instead bought it. So the real Pepsi nuts can give up on gladhanding. On the other side Coke has nothing in MY worth saving exept a few strongholds which could be kept. SURGE conversely showed alot of potential but Cokes inablitlity to tap into youth and specifically the citrus soda market prevented it from being any real threat. Still I look to a future where the viral marketing of a soda like Vault can maintain it against the false corporate cool of Dew and create competition in this market.

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Seriously.

Pepsi and Coke both have iterations of the same/similar product everywhere you look.

Even the stranger, "fringe" flavors like Lime and Vanilla Cola have both been marketed, and released almost at the same time might I add.(although Coke came out with no lemon cola)

So what if Coke is trying to compete again? The resulting competition might be as healthy as the cola competition, and that's good for everybody and bad for nobody.(maybe Mello Yello fans)

Why speculate that Vault will dethrone Dew or that Dew will remain unphased? Just buy your favorite product and shut up.

SEV redface.gif

[ 09-01-2005, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: SnappleElementsVenom ]

iluvsurge220
09-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey PSOmasterX don't tell me that you wouldn't be offended if Vault goes national and outsells Dew for the first month then creates an add that says Dew is goin Down. Vault will rule forever. If you have such strong things to say to how we are reacting to this add, then you would have strong feelings if Vault makes an add that disses Dew. You know you would. Its fine that you said your part but leave it alone. You're just using this add to your advantage, and enough is enough. I'm sick of it.

PSOmasterX77
09-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Pshh if Vault can kick Mtn Dew's a$$ then it can go ahead, I find those ads that diss other products out to be quite funny, I wouldn't be offended. Like I said. It's a soda. There's more to life than a freaking soda. Vault can diss dew all they want. Oh. Whoops. I just told you I wouldn't be offended. "Hey PSOmasterX don't tell me that you wouldn't be offended if Vault goes national and outsells Dew for the first month then creates an add that says Dew is goin Down". My bad.:-P

iluvsurge220
09-07-2005, 01:11 AM
Well I really dont know how you could know. Dew has never had any competition so you have had no reason to worry about anything dissing dew. I dont wanna argue so I'll just leave it at that.

wonkapete
09-08-2005, 10:36 AM
The night before hurricane katrina hit us, I went around town grabbing up soda banners because I knew they would be gone the next day. Look what I got... only saw this one in my entire city...

http://static.flickr.com/31/41439045_f73293de21.jpg?v=0

drpep
09-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Has anyone seen the new Diet Pepsi ad? It shows Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke vending machines side by side. A woman deposits money in the DP. Next a forklift removes the Diet Coke one and replaces it with a DC w/Splenda. Another purchase is made from the DP. The forklift returns and takes away the DC w/Splenda machine and replaces it with a Coke Zero. Another purchase and we see another vending machine replacing the Zero. Too bad I forgot the tag line.

Mr Zabe
09-11-2005, 09:50 PM
I have not seen that one.

I saw a new commercial today.
A diet Pepsi machine that plays pro football.
It was pretty campy but still funny.

iluvsurge220
09-11-2005, 10:16 PM
That was a good one!! This is kinda off subject but I like the NFL commercials with the burger king king in them.

DJ HawaiianShirt
09-11-2005, 11:01 PM
I've seen the Diet Pepsi/Coke Zero commercial.

All I have to say is WHATEVER. Coke Zero is a superior product.

Unfortunately, too many people are already hooked on the crappiness that is Diet Pepsi.

Oh well.

SEV :(

pepsidew
09-12-2005, 03:47 PM
coke zero is a superior product to diet pepsi? :D

Mr Zabe
09-12-2005, 04:02 PM
So a few months ago when I was doing cyber summersaults, I was making a valid point. LOL

Coke Zero tastes better than the traditional diet cola's. LOL

ramonazo
09-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Man, I need to try it, I can't wait!!!!!

Chad.
09-13-2005, 12:22 AM
i think coke zero and diet pepsi, and diet coke are horrible for that matter, the best diet of colas are pepsi one, and c2

CaffeineBoy
09-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by wonkapete:
The night before hurricane katrina hit us, I went around town grabbing up soda banners because I knew they would be gone the next day. Look what I got... only saw this one in my entire city...

http://static.flickr.com/31/41439045_f73293de21.jpg?v=0 Would you consider selling that?

SURGE
09-30-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah sell it to Coke im sure they would enjoy it. I do think its kinda funny that Pepsi is dist these banners. I thought the other one was unique but I suppose they couldnt let a bad idea go. Kinda reminds me of a certain one calorie cola.

[ 09-30-2005, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: SURGE ]