PDA

View Full Version : Fanta

Mello Yello Luver
08-21-2005, 11:17 PM
Fanta is everywhere accross the U.S. But why is it only availible in Orange? I want to try some of the other flavors.

Hacksaw
08-22-2005, 12:24 AM
It's also in Strawberry, Pineapple, & Grape around here. A few places have beyond these 4 flavors, like Peach & Black Cherry.

fusion
08-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Red Tangerine is a 20oz only flavor.. Supposedly just in 7-11, but I hear it is other places as well.

Fanta Cherry and Fanta Birch Beer have also been spotted at the fountain in a few places.

ramonazo
08-23-2005, 01:17 AM
It's the same in Mex, there's more availability of Fanta orange and Fanta Strawberry than other flavors.

[ 08-23-2005, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

iluvsurge220
08-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Red Tangerine? What is that? I would like to try the tropical punch flavor. I've only seen that in Central AMerica. Idk about the strawberry either. Pineapple isnt too great and peach and black cherry sound good. I wanna try something different.

Look In The Tunk
08-23-2005, 06:17 PM
I bought some 20 oz peach in North Carolina earlier this month and it was awful, but I hear it tastes better in the cans.

iowacity
08-23-2005, 10:22 PM
I'd like to try each of the Fantanas!

Cheer-wined
08-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by TheConnieVandelayShow:
I bought some 20 oz peach in North Carolina earlier this month and it was awful, but I hear it tastes better in the cans. Consolidated never produced Fanta Peach in cans. Never really understood why - they did with grape, strawberry, pineapple and orange. Nehi Peach has been available in 12oz, 20oz and 2L for quite a while, so there must be a market for it. The flavors I've tried that have been produced recently in the US...
http://home.triad.rr.com/coolmoon/Fanta.jpg
grape, orange, pineapple, strawberry, peach, berry, black cherry, grapefruit, apple

[ 08-24-2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]

Look In The Tunk
08-24-2005, 09:05 PM
I wish citrus was nationally available, I bet its awesome, and I wish Berry was still around.

I ordered some black cherry and apple from sodafinder and I hope that comes in the mail soon.

Mello Yello Luver
08-24-2005, 10:32 PM
Berry looks cool! I want to try it someday.

[ 08-24-2005, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

ramonazo
08-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Mmm, I see that blueberry Fanta and I start to...
http://andy.mm2c.com/vortex/homer_drooling.jpg

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Fanta Red Tangerine was just released in my area, and I tried it.

It's clear that Fanta is trying to spruce up their orange flavor without discontinuing the normal orange brand.

Red Tangerine has a bitterness akin to that of European Orange Fanta. But once you taste it, it's followed by a coarse, cheap tasting sweetness that's like some ultra-cheap hard candy.

Overall, it's an interesting flavor, and about as good as the four main American Fanta flavors.

I'll leave it up to you whether to decide if that's a good thing.

SEV smile.gif

glassbottlesrule
08-25-2005, 05:09 PM
I tried the Red Tangerine today. Boy the HFCS just screams in this one. Doesn't really have much flavor to me. Only time I got any Tangerine essence is when I burped. Don't think I'll go outta my way for this one again.

ramonazo
08-25-2005, 07:09 PM
We had once a Tangerine Fanta, but I didn't liked it, I prefer Tangerine Jarritos.

karks88
08-26-2005, 01:54 PM
I just had my first Fanta Citrus the other day, it was excellent! Exactly like Citra smile.gif I wish they would make it more widely available. A friend from out of town was nice enough to send me a can.

ramonazo
08-26-2005, 06:16 PM
and like Mexican Fresca, buddy!!! ;)

[ 08-26-2005, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

ramonazo
08-29-2005, 01:25 AM
I visited Lagos de Moreno few hours ago (a little town near Leon, Guanajuato), and there, Coca-Cola is distributed by FEMSA, today in my visit I had a great surpise: FANTA PINEAPPLE AND FANTA TAMARINDO, the pineapple flavor is damn good, tasted like "piña colada" and the tamarindo flavor tasted like a tamarindo candy. There was another flavors like Fanta Peach and Fanta Tangerine, but I've tried them before. Fanta Pineapple was so good that I brought one to drink it here in Aguas...

iluvsurge220
08-31-2005, 11:52 PM
Where are all these fanta flavors available at. All we have around here is orange, grape, and sometimes strawberry. The citrus and berry and black cherry look soooo good. Ive had pineapple before but i didnt really care for it. I do wish they sold all the flavors nationally.

yankees26mlb
09-01-2005, 04:42 AM
I found a Fanta Orange Cream flavor in my local 7-11 (it was a fountain soda only). It was REALLY good

[ 09-01-2005, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: yankees26mlb ]

BottleBoss
09-01-2005, 08:08 AM
I will second the Orange Cream Fanta being very good. It needs bottles though.

Hacksaw
09-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I also tried Fanta Orange Cream yesterday in a Slurpee. It was good.

Stacey
09-09-2005, 10:36 PM
There is a local restaurant chain here that serves Fanta Berry. That's the only place here in Columbus, OH I have ever seen it. My other half LOVES it.

I want to try Fanta Apple. The only Fanta you can find here is Orange, Strawberry and Grape. I used to see Pineapple, but not in quite awhile.

wonkapete
09-23-2005, 03:53 PM
I was in Atlanta last weekend and found Fanta Apple. I love it! I only bought a fridge pack and 2 2-liters.. so I'll soon be without! Wish it would go nationwide..

fusion
09-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Fanta Apple is good. I am glad to hear they still have it in Atlanta. I should be there in a week or so -- I'll be sure to stock up!

Look In The Tunk
09-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Fanta Apple is good. I am glad to hear they still have it in Atlanta. I should be there in a week or so -- I'll be sure to stock up! I just had Fanta Apple for the first time last night (ordered off of sodafinder.com) and it was so good, and this stuff had expired in January and it was still good!

I wish they sold it in VA.

da987
09-24-2005, 02:19 AM
We just got Fanta Grapefruit here in England. It's amazing how it varies around the world though. As in the picture above that Cheerwined posted, the US version looks like it could be either yellow, green, or clear (difficult to say when it's in a green bottle) The English version is pink.

ramonazo
09-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by da987:
We just got Fanta Grapefruit here in England... The English version is pink. da987... Here in Mexico there's pink grapefruit soda here too, Fresca!!... we'll, not here in Aguas, but in some cities of Mexico.
http://redonthehead.rupture.net/toronja.rosa.fresca2.jpg
But what we have here in Aguas is the regular one and...
Red Grapefruit Fresca!! TOOOMALA!
http://www.marketing-up.com.mx/imgarticulos/nota2243.jpg

mjb1124
09-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by da987:
We just got Fanta Grapefruit here in England. It's amazing how it varies around the world though. As in the picture above that Cheerwined posted, the US version looks like it could be either yellow, green, or clear (difficult to say when it's in a green bottle) The English version is pink. The US Fanta Citrus version is colorless, but I wouldn't say it's "clear", because it has a cloudiness to it.

I've never tried a pink grapefruit soda before as far as I can remember, but it sounds like a great idea.

Irishpepsi04
09-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Red Tangerine is a 20oz only flavor.. Supposedly just in 7-11, but I hear it is other places as well.

Fanta Cherry and Fanta Birch Beer have also been spotted at the fountain in a few places. In WA state Fanta is plenty. Orange, Grape, Strawberry. I did see a Red Tangerine 20 oz at 7-11 near Seattle's Space Needle. Brian

ramonazo
09-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Extra! According to www.merca20.com (http://www.merca20.com), now in Mexico soon will be released... FANTA REVEN that is...

FANTA ORANGE WITH BUBBLE GUM???
http://www.merca20.com/_nueva_pag/images/images_news/30sep05_fanta.jpg
Sorry about the picture, it's too small, but if you can see, the color of the soda is pink, in the ad appears several bottles of fanta that seems like a time bomb

Wow, but to be honest, Fanta pineapple and Fanta tamarindo should be released nationwide instead of this mix, but, whatever...

[ 09-30-2005, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-01-2005, 12:17 AM
I'm really interested in hearing Coke's rationale for releasing these seemingly random flavors around the world in different countries.

For instance, why does England get grapefruit and the US does not? I can't think of any British cultural convention or norm that seems like a shoe-in for grapefruit soda.

Granted, as Ramon and I have discussed, something like tamarind soda, for example, would hardly ever make it outside Mexico or maybe Latin America. Clearly there lie certain cultural conventions that can't be translated to others.

Anyway, this thought is half-born from (again) my frustration with American Fanta and the mere existence of more interesting flavors(and more flavor releases) in a place as close as Mexico, an adjacent country to the US.

I'm rambling.

SEV smile.gif

ramonazo
10-01-2005, 01:36 AM
I'm agree with you SEV, but in U.S. there's also a lot of good mixed flavors that are great and are still in the market...: Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke, Coke with Lime, Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, Dasani Flavored, Pepsi Vanilla, Pepsi Lime...

While here in Mexico, the mixed flavors easy come... easy go: Coca-Cola vainilla, Fanta Orange-Chamoy and Senzao Guaranaranja (guarana-orange) as an example

And I think that Fanta Reven will be one more on the list in five or six months after their release...

[ 10-01-2005, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

da987
10-01-2005, 05:10 AM
I was very happy to see Coca-Cola Great Britain release Fanta Grapefruit, as I am sick to death of them just making mixed fruit flavours all the time ie:
Fanta Fruit Twist - orange, peach, & passion fruit
Fanta Zesty Berry - blackcurrant & lemon
Fanta Apple Splash - apple, kiwi, & lime
Fanta Summer Fruits - apple, strawberry, blackcurrant and cherry

Maybe it's because they don't think they are any good at simulating a single flavour, so they have to mix it with others.

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Ramon, I was specifically talking about Fanta, not just Coke products. I agree with you that Coke has a much larger line in the US than in Mexico overall.

But outside the US, it seems like Fanta releases new flavors as often as a new Sprite Remix shows up here.

SEV smile.gif

ramonazo
10-02-2005, 12:50 AM
True...

But you're lucky to have all those flavors in U.S.(we'll not all available nationwide)... here in Aguascalientes we only have orange and strawberry, we used to have peach and tangerine too, but they were discontinued here, in cities like Leon those flavors are now available including pineapple and tamarind, Why don't they sell it here instead of that bubble gum one? In that way they would compete with Jarritos...

[ 10-02-2005, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

ramonazo
10-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Ramón el Coca-Colero:
Extra! According to www.merca20.com (http://www.merca20.com), now in Mexico soon will be released... FANTA REVEN that is...

FANTA ORANGE WITH BUBBLE GUM???
http://www.merca20.com/_nueva_pag/images/images_news/30sep05_fanta.jpg
I'm trying Fanta reven right now, it was released in Aguascalientes yesterday... It has a funny traslucent pink color

IMO, the taste at the beginning is good, that bubble gum taste is good, but the aftertaste is not good, it has a strong orange taste, it would be better a little more soft orange flavor like the one that has the regular Fanta...

[ 10-09-2005, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

fusion
10-09-2005, 10:38 PM
I found Fanta Peach and Fanta Apple in the Atlanta area, in cans, 2 liters, and 20oz. I also found Fanta Citrus 12 packs in eastern TN, though it expires in about a month, so I figure it's probably discontinued.

TiffyTreat
10-11-2005, 02:11 PM
What is up with that, I am in San Franisco - why don't they release yummy flavors here. All I get is orange. There was no way to buy a 12 pack of strawberry soda until now, that Tropicana twister soda have moved into the neighborhood. I wish Fanta would come to SF!

fusion
10-12-2005, 05:54 PM
You might want to check out any Hispanic areas, if you live near any. It has much better name recognition and popularity with them. You might find a better selection that way.

Hacksaw
10-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Tiffy: Taht seems a little strange. I'm in San Jose, and I can find the 4 main Fanta flavors. Some stores don't carry them all, though.