PDA

View Full Version : Beer Company Enters C-Stoer Market

greg
07-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I have often thought of this concept but somehow figured there would be too many roadblocks for it to happen in the US. Moreover, I'm not sure if it would be wise to have a c-store with just one brand of beer due to the risk of alienating so many customers.
Read this article and tell me what you guys think.
http://www.nacsonline.com/NACS/News/nd0725061.htm

Mr Zabe
07-25-2006, 12:01 PM
So....Budweiser would open a store that only sells it brands and products?

I don't see this happening in the US,but what do I know about the beer business. LOL

rackitup
07-25-2006, 01:26 PM
I think in Mexico that food manufacturers own C Stores.

BTW I noticed that Most of the Cold Beer 4 Sale in convenience stores is in Multi Packs.

Most of the Soda is in single serve containers and that there R No Cold multi packs.

Ron Swedelson
07-25-2006, 03:43 PM
I do not believe this could happen in the US. Or at least California. Remember the saying "Lock, Stock, and Barrel" Thats from back in the day when the brewer would buy the building/store (lock), they would provide the beer for sale they they made (stock) and the barrels to hold and sell the beer (barrel). I believe it was after proabition that laws were set were the beer had to be sold by another party unless it was on premise at a brew pub sort of setting. Maybe everyone already knew this and I just wasted the last 2 min. typing this. But, if I could reach just one person and change their life...well then...it was all worth it.

greg
07-25-2006, 06:08 PM
My life is forever changed!!!

Mr Zabe
07-25-2006, 07:58 PM
I feel more educated. LOL

shadowlp06
07-26-2006, 03:17 AM
I have heard that in Mexico that Wal-Mart owns several mom and pop type stores as well as restaraunts.