View Full Version : Ben and Jerry in a Bottle,,,,

rackitup
07-25-2006, 11:36 PM
OMG, I just found this in LA.

http://

I tried the Cherry Garcia.

I am not sure of other flavors, this is the only 1 they had. smile.gif

I have heard there might B 3 flavors.

I took a Camera Phone Pic. of my bottle, But I am not sure how 2 post it here.

[ 07-26-2006, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: rackitup ]

pepsipimp
07-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Yes we are about to release it here too, I don't remember the other two flavors but Pepsi is putting them out here.

CStoreCatMan
07-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Leave it to Pepsi to come up with stellar non carb products! The three flavors of Ben & Jerry's are:

Cherry Garcia
Chunky Monkey
Chocolate Fudge Brownie

In SoCal, they were released on July 17th...not sure if its the same for the rest of the country.

rackitup - what did you think of the Cherry Garcia?

rackitup
07-26-2006, 12:56 PM
C Store Cat. Man.,

I loved it.

I drank it semi frozen, the cap and back label say "shake well, serve cold, do not freeze", I do not know if freezing it breaks down the flavor or what.

I also noticed my bottle expires Dec 11th 2006,
pretty short shelf life.

Every time I C A new Pepsi item I think of the small Pepsi warehouse in Portland, and wonder where they R going 2 put it,LOL.

greg
07-26-2006, 01:08 PM
I just saw some in a freshly packed Pepsi cooler. The only flavors they had were Gerry Garcia and Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

They also had a Starbucks Double Shot "light" version in there. That is the first I have see n of that.
The reason I was there----Aquafina Sparkling Berry Burst!!!!!!

the saint
07-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
Leave it to Pepsi to come up with stellar non carb products!

Unfortunatly these are not stellar. I do not think they will live past the initial shipment, let alone be around for reorder when the first shipment goes out of date, same with the milk chillers.

the saint
07-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by rackitup:
C Store Cat. Man.,

I loved it.

I drank it semi frozen, the cap and back label say "shake well, serve cold, do not freeze", I do not know if freezing it breaks down the flavor or what.

I also noticed my bottle expires Dec 11th 2006,
pretty short shelf life.

Every time I C A new Pepsi item I think of the small Pepsi warehouse in Portland, and wonder where they R going 2 put it,LOL. Freezing something in a glass bottle doesn't have much to do with breaking down flavor it has more to do with breaking the GLASS bottle.

Since when is 6 months a short shelf life? The six months shelf life is one of the selling points.

Ron Swedelson
07-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Were in LA can I find this. My wife and I are driving down there in Mid-Late August for a cruise out of Long Beach. I want to find a bottle of this and give it a try.

CStoreCatMan
07-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Ron - I know Chevrons will carry it (look for it near Frappuccino) as well as AMPM's that have a front register cooler.

CStoreCatMan
07-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
Leave it to Pepsi to come up with stellar non carb products!

Unfortunatly these are not stellar. I do not think they will live past the initial shipment, let alone be around for reorder when the first shipment goes out of date, same with the milk chillers. </font>[/QUOTE]I think the idea of a Ben & Jerry's beverage is outstanding and Pepsi was smart to jump on this partnership. These products are creating the most buzz amongst retailers that I've seen since Code Red. EVERY account that we've presented to wants to carry Ben & Jerry's. I think time will tell, but a great "concept" in my mind.

CStoreCatMan
07-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by greg:
I just saw some in a freshly packed Pepsi cooler. The only flavors they had were Gerry Garcia and Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

They also had a Starbucks Double Shot "light" version in there. That is the first I have see n of that.
The reason I was there----Aquafina Sparkling Berry Burst!!!!!! Greg - the doubleshot light is pretty decent for being reduced calories and fat...

The NEW Aquafina sparkling flavors are much better than the old. They are pretty sweet considering they're waters sweetened with Splenda. What did you think?

greg
07-26-2006, 03:42 PM
CStoreCatMan--- I love the sparkling water from Aquafina. It is a bit sweet for my liking but not bad overall. It is not something I will indulge in everyday. I save them for special occasions like Wednesday Afternoon. LOL I prefer plain ole Cold Water and Diet Cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper for that.

I did notice the Quaker milk drinks in the cooler also. The only way I knew it was a Pepsi cooler was because of the graphics on it! LOL

rackitup
07-26-2006, 09:25 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]Unfortunatly these are not stellar. I do not think they will live past the initial shipment, let alone be around for reorder when the first shipment goes out of date, same with the milk chillers. [/QB][/QUOTE]

THE SAINT,
What do U think of the upcoming Godiva Chocolate/Coffee drinks from Coke ?

rackitup
07-26-2006, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by the saint

Freezing something in a glass bottle doesn't have much to do with breaking down flavor it has more to do with breaking the GLASS bottle.

The Saint, thanks, point taken.

I figured because it was not carbonated there would B less chance of the glass breaking.

I have frozened/frezed Frapichinos in the past with no problem.

popologist
07-27-2006, 02:33 PM
...and pepsi flanks coke again...

(meanwhile, at coke headquarters in atlanta, they're developing yet another soda that tastes like mountain dew or dr pepper...) ;)

popologist
07-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by rackitup:
Unfortunatly these are not stellar. I do not think they will live past the initial shipment, let alone be around for reorder when the first shipment goes out of date, same with the milk chillers. [/QB][/QUOTE]

THE SAINT,
What do U think of the upcoming Godiva Chocolate/Coffee drinks from Coke ? [/QB][/QUOTE]

coke is about five years behind the trends...

Ron Swedelson
07-27-2006, 04:25 PM
I personaly can not stand coffee flavorings of any kind...but when I told my wife about the Godiva Chocolate Coffee, she was extremely excited about it. Coffee and Chocolate are two of her favorite things.

fusion
07-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Interesting package, very Frap-ish. But only 8oz, and I paid $2.29 for Chunky Monkey @ 7-11 a few minutes ago.

Interesting name for the joint venture, though: "New Whirled Company."

I think the "do not freeze" is on there because B&J is ice cream company.. and it's a milkshake, which are usually much more solid than these B&J milkshakes.

the saint
07-27-2006, 07:08 PM
I do not think they will be long lived. The coffee will bomb horribly as blak did, I think hte chocolate one will stick around for a bit due to the fact of the godiva name, but in the end it will die as well.

Dr. Galaga
07-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Are these going to be available at grocery stores too? If so should we look in the soda isle or the milk isle?

the saint
07-27-2006, 08:04 PM
If you are referring to the B&J they should only be sold cold. Either in the dairy sections or in a specified cooler. At least that is where the brass have told us to only put them.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Slightly off-topic, but the diet Doubleshot is great! I don't drink this stuff often, but if given the chance, I'd never drink the normal stuff again.

upinarms
07-28-2006, 04:42 PM
I enjoyed chunky monkey quite a bit.

popologist
07-28-2006, 05:12 PM
how many calories in these B&J drinks?

CStoreCatMan
07-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
how many calories in these B&J drinks? Nobody ever said these were good for you... Check this out...per 8oz bottle:

340 calories
12g Fat
8g Sat Fat
51g Carbohydrates
44g Sugar
4g Dietary Fiber
7g Protein

Almost like having a serving of B&J ice cream!

Ron Swedelson
07-28-2006, 07:12 PM
whoah crap...how big are the bottles? Maybe I should share one with my wife instead of by myself

fusion
07-28-2006, 08:19 PM
8 ounces, Ron.

I thought the Chunky Monkey tasted like melted ice cream. It was not that great.

DJ HawaiianShirt
07-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Chunky Monkey is my favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor...

But 340 calories per bottle? Damn! For that amount, I could have an enjoyable meal...

the saint
07-29-2006, 12:06 AM
If that is what B&J ice cream tastes like I am glad I have never and am sure I will never shell out that much money for ice cream.

popologist
07-29-2006, 07:17 AM
340 calories is about what i expected, maybe a little bit more.

but it's not surprising. 4 oz of B&J ice cream has about 300 calories.

Mr Zabe
07-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Just my old fart opinion:

I (before I became lactose intolerant) use to love a good pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. There is nothing like it. I did not give a hoot about calories,fat grams or carbos. Just let me loose on a pint and the sinful pleasure was all mine.

Drinking a so called Ben and Jerry milk shake from an eight ounce bottle just seems unnatural. There is no way in heck a mass produced milk based beverage could ever approximate taste/flavor of a actual Ben & Jerry milk shake.

IMO....I would rather have a Ben & Jerry ice cream flavored soda pop.

YUM
Cunky Monkey Soda Pop
Cherry Garcia Soda Pop
and on and on.... smile.gif

[ 07-29-2006, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

BottleBoss
08-02-2006, 06:43 PM
It tastes good. There just isn't enough in the bottle and it costs too much. Wal-Mart has it.

CStoreCatMan
08-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Which one did you have BottleBoss? And how much was it at Wal Mart? I've heard about a $1.99 -$2.29 retail for c-stores...

[ 08-02-2006, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

rackitup
08-05-2006, 01:24 AM
I have tried all 3 now,

My favorite is Cherry Garcia, I am biased hovever as Chocolate and cherry are the flavors I sometime mix with my Baileys Irish Cream.

After having consumed a few of each flavor I have come 2 the conclusion they R a little thick,
I pour them in 2 a larger glass and mix in regular Milk.

CStoreCatMan
08-07-2006, 01:41 PM
We just put some B&J (and lots of other new items) in the office cooler today (yes, I work for Pepsi). I'll have my first opportunity to try one today...I don't like bananas or cherries so I'll be trying Double Choc Fudge...I'll let you know what I think. I like the idea of mixing with milk if they're too thick...it will make that 8oz last a bit longer too.

DMC
08-07-2006, 03:10 PM
wow, i've tried this line-up and it's fantastic. all 3 flavors are just delicious. my favorite has got to be cherry garcia, it's like biting into a cherry cordial during the holidays. good stuff.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
08-09-2006, 03:52 AM
these showed up at woodmans the other day... i got the chocolate one for 1.59 and it was alright... seeing how i dont LOVE chocolate beverages, it was alright. i can think of at least 5 chocoholics i know that would just love it...

juniorjin
08-31-2006, 03:21 AM
i saw these all over the place in seattle last month, but oddly, was nowhere to be found in the northern suburbs of detroit.
very dissapointed.
i actually these were not bad, considering there really isn't anything else in the market for ready to serve milkshakes (slammers do not count)

sirslash
09-26-2006, 02:56 AM
these taste more like pudding then milkshakes