PDA

View Full Version : Cherry RC

Android
08-22-2005, 11:13 PM
While in Cheyenne today, I stopped at a King Soopers store - and had a nice surprise. They had Cherry RC in 12packs. Wow, I hadn't seen that product "locally" since the mid 80's when me and my brother would buy it while hanging out at a local bowling alley in Fort Collins,CO, while my parents had their bowling league. This is the same grocery store that has Diet RC, another product I don't see in this region - both are bottled by Full Service (part of All-American) Bottling which is an excellent bottler. So of course I did buy a 12pack of the Cherry! And after downing two cans just now, I still think it's great, Cherry RC is way better than Cherry Choke or Wild Cherry Phlemsi. ;)

andy

[ 08-22-2005, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Android ]

Mr Zabe
08-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Very cool. I too remember Cherry RC in it's day.
Yeah, it is a good if not better cherry cola than Pepsi or Coke's. It has a nice full cherry taste.
Good find. I can't find it as much in Chi Town.

rc4me
08-23-2005, 01:04 AM
I haven't seen it for quite some time but I remember when I worked for a cosmetics wholesale / retail company when they brought out cherry Coke. We already had cherry RC at the time. 95% of the employees were females. None wanted to try it since Coke was so good. I talked the guy who stocked the soda machine to add cherry RC (he did) and told the girls in the office that if they didn't like the cherry RC I'd pay for their sodas. After about 3 weeks they no longer carried cherry Coke !!!

I'll be looking for it in the Baltimore area.

Mr Zabe
08-23-2005, 01:38 AM
Outstanding story!!!!
Heck they should have paid you for keeping your brave stance. smile.gif

DPDude
08-24-2005, 03:08 AM
Cherry RC is alive and kicking in central Texas as well. I always pick up a twelve pack or two when driving through that area.

rc4me
09-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Still looking for it in the Baltimore area.

fusion
09-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Beverage Capital produces all the RC for Canada Dry Potomac and Canada Dry Delaware Valley. I've been living in this area for six years, and I haven't seen any Cherry RC from them.

www.beveragecapital.com (http://www.beveragecapital.com)

14floz
09-04-2005, 05:29 PM
I live in cheyenne and the only place that carries it is king soopers and the new safeway on the south side.

No Soda
09-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Android...

When I was in college in Osewgo, NY, they had Cherry RC in refillables like the one shown at the bottom of your posts...this was in 1985. Good stuff. Haven't seen it in any container in years, but nice to know it's still being made.

Android
09-05-2005, 01:02 AM
Those returnable RC bottles --- They were nice to have for the brief time I got them - the were phased out a year or so after I started going to Iowa on soda pop runs - those were nice but it was kind of sad at the same time. How they must have solvent dipped the bottles to remove the painted ACL logos on all those mid 70's to early 80's RC bottles, then slapped on paper labels like beer bottles. I'm sure this made things more flexible for them, as they used them for Dr Pepper as well. But I thought those RC bottles with the big groove in the middle of the bottle looked just "wrong" with a paper label on it.

I was back in Cheyenne today and was shopping - and the only place I saw Cherry RC was at that one King Soopers store. (bought 4 12 packs of it) I didn't see it anywhere else I shopped at. That's an odd store, the only location for that Kroger-owned chain outside the state of Colorado, and as a result they seem to distibute some things you don't normally see in Wyoming. I know I always have to complain whenever I buy Diet Dr Pepper there because in Cheyenne, it's Coke product - but as all the other King Soopers are down in Colorado where Pepper is a Pepsi product, they never seem to get the sale prices right.

Andy

Shatter
09-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Cherry RC is still in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. It all comes from Mellow Moon Bottling in Arkansas.

billygtexas
09-08-2005, 05:38 AM
Cherry RC tasted better than the regular RC for me, and the lower price is a bonus.