PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Water?

Mr Zabe
08-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Help, I know I have been brain washed into buying
bottled water (spring/filtered) for many years. Now due to the high cost of gas, I'm trying to cut back of a few luxuries like bottled water.

I live near Chicago,IL. My area gets treated Lake Michigan water which I'm told is of very high quality and taste. I live in a 30 year old condo that seems to have good pipes and water that has no sediment and or smell. I use it for cooking,mixing koolaid and brushing my teeth.

I should already know the answer to this question but I could use your feed back. I want to run the faucet for 5 minutes or so and fill a plastic pitcher with a top and let the water cool down in the fridge. I'm some what reluctant to ask this but do you deal with drinking water in this way?

Like I said I am brain washed.

Thanks
Zabe

[ 08-23-2005, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
08-23-2005, 07:59 PM
i like things cold so that's what i do. i have one of thosep lastic water jugs and i just refill it. i wouldn't even bother running the faucet for that long, great lakes water levels are down man!

Mr Zabe
08-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback RWDLG, I appreciate it.

fusion
08-23-2005, 11:44 PM
Why not buy a Pur or Brita filter or pitcher?

Mr Zabe
08-23-2005, 11:54 PM
I did. I brought the 2 gal model.
I had problems with it fitting in my fridge and
I did not trust the spigot.
I tried it for 8 months and was not happy.

I put a 1/2 gal. pitcher of water in the fridge a few hours ago. If all goes well I'll be a tap water man again.

I still remain open to your idea's. I'd rather keep buying bottle water but the cost adds up.

[ 08-23-2005, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]