PDA

View Full Version : MD LiveWire - New Formula?

jacksmom
07-27-2006, 02:09 PM
I just noticed today that Mountain Dew Livewire has a new look on the outside of the can (some black shaded lines on it). It says "Same Dew, New View" but when I looked at the facts on the back I noticed that it now has 180 calories as opposed to 170 calories before. Anyone know if they've changed the formula? Livewire is one of my all-time favorites - I have yet to try the new can because it is still chilling in the fridge.

pepsidew
07-28-2006, 04:08 PM
i haven't heard of a formula change - maybe they just kicked up the sugar or caffiene? the new can has been around for awhile

popologist
07-28-2006, 05:15 PM
wouldn't adding more sugar be a formula change?

greg
07-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by pepsidew:
i haven't heard of a formula change - maybe they just kicked up the sugar or caffiene? the new can has been around for awhile I would guess the sugar content would be changed....Caffeine has no calories.

jacksmom
08-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Okay, so I just did a side by side comparison with a can of the original LiveWire next to the new can of LiveWire. The old can lists a calorie content of 170 and the new can lists it as 180. They have changed the formula, though I'm not sure why. The new Livewire has less of an orange taste to it and almost tastes like a watered down version of the original - disappointing, really, as this was one of my favorite drinks. Plus, what's the point in adding more calories if the drink, itself, is going to have less flavor? IMO they should have left well enough alone.

Doug
08-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Don't tell me they messed with LW :-(

Rob The SURGE Drinker
08-21-2006, 03:32 PM
i still have a 12 pack of the old, but thats all my store has right now. it is possibly going to that guy who asked for some in the mountain dew livewire post in the product location forum...

mjb1124
08-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Well, if they changed the formula, and the packaging says "Same Dew, New View", then they could have grounds for a lawsuit there. Not that I would sue them or anything.