PDA

View Full Version : New Pepsi Flavour (USA)

halloaaryn
08-06-2004, 05:57 AM
I cant believe no ones posted on this yet....

PEPSI HOLIDAY SPICE is on its way.

Details at beverageworld.com

Tannerman
08-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Very interesting. I'd like to try that!

DietCokeEnthusiast
08-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Sounds absolutely vile

Robot
08-06-2004, 02:12 PM
nice find!

I cant wait to try both of those..

I know I'll love Pitch Black, not entirely sure about HOliday spice, but the idea of it seems like something I could fall in love with...

i wonder if these will be truelly limited or just limited like live wire in that its "summer only" in most parts of the country, but so much of it is made that its basically around the entire year.

i dont see holiday spice doing well enough to get another run anyways I suppose.

Jonsson8
08-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Those sound cool, I'll have to find a way to have some shipped to me so I can try them out (and save the cans as I kinda collect them). smile.gif

surge_my_afterglow
08-06-2004, 10:51 PM
holiday spice sounds good! i can picture the taste as those little ginger cookies with the flavored sprinkles on it in a cola, and pitch black? well, black grape dew doesnt sound too appealing but what the heck, give it a try. anticipating spice though!

XLS_04
08-07-2004, 02:16 AM
I am looking forward to that Pepsi Holiday Spice!!!!!!

Hopefully it will do well and be available every year during the holidays.

SamC
08-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Sounds truly vile.

PhillySteve
08-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Vile huh? This is why Pepsi is damned if they do or damned if they don't. They're either "imitating" Coke when something is successful and when they do try something innovative they get slammed. At least they're not afraid to give it a chance. How about you?

DietCokeEnthusiast
08-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Well their last successful product was code red (which tastes like hawaiian punch) in either 99 or 2000. Coke's last successful product was Vanilla in 2002 (although DCwLime, TSR, and BCSR were all successful as well, just not on the same exact level as VC)...

...and who wouldn't call Pepsi Vanilla an imitation?

XLS_04
08-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Code Red came out in 2001, Pepsi Twist came out in 2000 but went national in 2001 and those are both successful.

diet Coke with Lemon and diet Coke with Lime are moderate sellers and are not going away any time soon.

I agree with what PhillySteve said however. I like both brands equally and I think any company that tries to go ahead and do something innovative is a great thing no matter if it is a hit or if it fails.

mjb1124
08-07-2004, 06:38 PM
This sounds similar to 7UP Gold.

DietCokeEnthusiast
08-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by XLS_04:
no matter if it is a hit or if it fails. Actually, when a product fails they lose a bit of money (i think... :confused: )

PhillySteve
08-07-2004, 11:22 PM
See, there you go again. I've never heard of Code Red being compared to Hawaiian Punch. And you can add Livewire to Pepsi's recent successes.

But my point is Coke loyalists are very quick to cry "imitation" even though Coke has followed Pepsi on more than one occasion. In fact, DietCokeEnthusiast, you posted how Pepsi Twist copied Diet Coke with Lemon, even though Pepsi Twist was not only first, but Pepsi had released a lemon cola more than 2 decades ago.

I think the same might also go for Sprite Remix, was it developed before or after 7UP Tropical Splash? Not that it really matters. I'd like to see both companies continue to innovate and if they can both capitalize on a good idea then more power to them. (Personally I much prefer Pepsi Vanilla over Vanilla Coke evn though I prefer regular Coke over Pepsi).

teamtitan512
08-10-2004, 02:41 AM
I'm pretty much pro-Coke, and I hope Pepsi tries to innovate, it will make me grow fonder of them. However, coming up w/insane ideas like this Holiday Spice Pepsi just show the stupidity of marketing execs at corporate. They want to create something they don't think Coke will clone, and they find ways to do that. It's just because the product bombed so badly that Coke isn't stupid enough to produce it.

All Pepsi has to do is create logical new drinks, and start making a decent tasting product, and maybe then I'll give them a little more credit.

PhillySteve
08-10-2004, 11:21 AM
create logical new drinks = play it safe

That doesn't sound like innovation to me.

Robot
08-10-2004, 11:31 AM
I actually think this Holiday Spice is a "logical" extension..

ginger and cinnamon seem like natural flavors to add to cola... particularly cinnamon...

outside of cinnamon i'd only like to see pepsi/coke try a chocolate cola....

halloaaryn
08-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Chocolate Cola? No thank You.

Robot
08-10-2004, 05:22 PM
yah, coke had a "chocolate" flavor packet for adding to coke, and it was amazing....

halloaaryn
08-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Did you guys see the Pepsi Holiday Spice bottle?

http://www.bevnet.com/news/2004/08-05-2004-mountain_dew_pitch_black.asp

Inko
08-11-2004, 06:25 PM
beautiful graphics if you ask me (then again, no one's asking me. smile.gif

drpep
08-11-2004, 09:08 PM
Didn't ask you but I agree. I may have to purchase a 12 pack just to get a can for my collection.

Robot
08-11-2004, 11:22 PM
ill probably stock up heavily on this stuff.. it sounds delicious to me.. and also sounds like somethign that would mix amazingly well with a dark rum.

The Doomite
08-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Personally, I'm planning on trying both of these products, although this is the first that I've read about the Pepsi Holiday Spice thing. I like to try stuff that's new or different, and if I like these two new flavors, I'll most likely stock up on them while I can. The Holiday Spice in particular sounds pretty tasty, I'll have to grab some as soon as possible. I wish there were a way to keep carbonated beverages from going flat in sealed cans or bottles indefinitely, that way I coulda really stocked up on Pepsi Blue and just had like a can a week. *laughs* But I digress. The bottom line is, I'm all for Pepsi trying new stuff, I hope they keep it up. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

XLS_04
08-13-2004, 01:25 AM
I like the graphics as well.

zipper
08-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Unlike the Mt Dews (Orange soda and Big Red with a splash of mt dew flavor) Holiday Spice and the Halloween Dew simply cannot be year-round products. If you're looking for a beverage in Feb, you're not going to grab the one with Christmas wreaths or jack o lanterns.

zipper
08-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Also, Pepsi and Coke are both innovative. Coke is just more scared of doing a national rollout with something on the Coke name. Pepsi can do Blue, Crystal, One, etc without it hurting their core product no matter how bad it is; but people are still laughing at new coke.

zipper
08-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Add as bad as it may sound, I really want that Chocolate Coke to rollout already. At least when Pepsi tries something they actually make it available, instead of just hinting at it and planning but never actually releasing.

cph
08-15-2004, 10:36 PM
If you're looking for a beverage in Feb, you're not going to grab the one with Christmas wreaths or jack o lanterns. How about a Valentine's Day drink, that tastes like those red candy hearts....