PDA

View Full Version : Short term prices of soda pop and water

Mr Zabe
09-01-2005, 11:34 PM
In light of the sad situation regarding Katrina and the unknown short and long term cost and availability of fuel;what impact do you think it will have on retail soda pop and water prices?

Do you think certain flavors will not be produced due to the cost verses the past average sales?

As you know, I have said the Chicago market has all kinds of loss leaders. This evening I can pick up two cases of Pepsi and get a free fridge pack for only $8.44. Will there be less loss leader sales and will soda pop cease to go on sale? The stores have shelf tags for $6.99 a case, the price usually is around $5.50. What prices will the consumer expect to see(percent increases).

I would like to hear from the Coke,Pepsi and Dr.Pepper experts who work for these companies and everyone else. smile.gif

Thanks

[ 09-01-2005, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

bigrich
09-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Good Topic. With Petro so high, the price of PET will go up alot. I work in retail and we are already having price increases in anything packaged in plastic. Some of it is noticable and some is not as the package size some times drops and the price does not. Would'nt it be great if glass became cheaper than the cost of PET and soft drink makers were forced to take another look at glass. They might switch back to glass if it effects their bottom line.

BottleBoss
09-02-2005, 02:47 PM
All de pices be goin' up brutha. smile.gif Fo good too.

BottleBoss
09-02-2005, 02:50 PM
In fact, heres a list of things that will go up:
1. Gasoline.
2. Insurance.
3. Milk.
4. Taxes.
5. School tuitions.
6. Housing prices.
7. Car repair fees.
8. Everything else.

SpaceGuy
09-02-2005, 03:00 PM
How come take home beverage (2 Liter, 12/24 packs)prices never go up (at least for an extended period of time)? It's very interesting to see what happens to beverage unit sales in supermarkets, mass merchandisers & clubs when the retail goes up... the product just sits. We in the industry are really at a loss to raise our prices despite the increases in syrup costs, production costs, distribution costs and overall rise in overhead that is happens naturally and of course this rise in fuel costs.

boodoo
09-02-2005, 06:33 PM
I agree that most all items found in grocery/c-store will eventually reflect the increased cost of fuel.