View Full Version : Manzanita Sol from Pepsi

09-02-2005, 01:49 AM
Something new came into my store from Pepsi a day or two ago. Manzanita Sol, an apple flavored soda. It's supposed to be aimed at the hispanic market. I haven't tried it yet, because I haven't seen a 20 oz. size yet. I've only seen it in 12-packs. I almost never drink sodas anymore, so I really don't want to drink 12 of these, especially if they aren't that good. Fanta Apple was always really good, but I don't know how good this new stuff will be.

09-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Shatter, Manzanita Sol is from here, from Mexico, and I can say that the taste is good, but Manzana Lift from Coca-Cola is MUCH BETTER!, also here in Mex. there's two extensions of Manzanita Sol brand: Green Apple (this one tastes damn good!) and Exotica -Tamarindo-Apple- (I don't recommend this one), for more info and pics of those products visit the FRAWG topic...

09-02-2005, 01:42 PM
It's really good. You can get it at most Mexi-Marts.

09-06-2005, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't drink anything with Tamarind in it. I tried it years ago, and i'll never drink it again. Not my kind of flavor.

09-12-2005, 12:44 AM
Here's an ad of the apple-tamarindo flavor of Manzanita Sol:

[ 10-01-2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

09-17-2005, 02:29 PM
I found this in 20 oz. bottles at one of my college's on-campus convenience stores (which only sells Pepsi products due to the whole "pouring rights" thing). This is the first apple soda I've tried, so I can't say how it measures up to others, but it's pretty good. Tastes like lightly carbonated apple cider, although it could stand to be a bit less sweet.

This is the first time I've seen a Hispanic-themed product from the Big Three sold in my area (aside from the major Fanta flavors), but it makes sense because we have quite a large Latino(a) population.

09-17-2005, 06:03 PM
One question guys, Pepsi haven't had in U.S. an apple soda before Manzanita Sol and the new Frawg?

09-17-2005, 07:06 PM
They had Slice Apple. Never saw it in my area though.

09-17-2005, 08:37 PM
in the 1980's we had Apple Slice for a few years. Then in the late 80's early 90's we had Mirinda Apple too. I only saw that in major Hispanic outlets here. Nowadays you can find apple sodas from Mexico at most stores. Still haven't seen the local version of Manzanita Sol here.

09-17-2005, 11:40 PM
In Mexico, before Pepsi bought Manzanita Sol (because in the past it was an independent brand, and I think that Coke used to distributed it, but I'm not so sure) we used to have Mirinda Apple, and It was damn good, it tasted like apple chewing gum.

[ 09-26-2005, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

The Doomite
09-24-2005, 07:21 PM
I've seen Manzanita Sol at the Wal-Mart here for a few weeks now, but only in 12 packs until yesterday. I saw 20oz bottles of the stuff for 58 cents each, so I ended up getting a couple on a whim. I really like Fanta Apple, but it's getting harder to find around here, and I really haven't had any in a while anyway. As for the taste of Manzanita Sol, it's not bad at all. It's a bit on the sweet side, not so much of a "natural" apple cider taste, but it's good nonetheless. As a side note, Wal-Mart's also come out with an apple flavored soda, probably to appeal to the Hispanic market. I also picked up a 2L bottle of this, and will probably let y'all know how I like it soon. For now though, The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

[ 09-25-2005, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: The Doomite ]

09-26-2005, 01:09 AM
This summer while I was in Mexico on a mission trip I tried Manzana Lift and got hooked. Manzanita Sol is a little sweeter, but it does the job. Here in Austin, we have it in 2 liter bottles at the grocery store as well as in 20 oz bottles on the UT campus. It's become my new Tuesday/Thursday lunch beverage of choice.