PDA

View Full Version : Manzanita Sol from Pepsi

Shatter
09-02-2005, 02:49 AM
Something new came into my store from Pepsi a day or two ago. Manzanita Sol, an apple flavored soda. It's supposed to be aimed at the hispanic market. I haven't tried it yet, because I haven't seen a 20 oz. size yet. I've only seen it in 12-packs. I almost never drink sodas anymore, so I really don't want to drink 12 of these, especially if they aren't that good. Fanta Apple was always really good, but I don't know how good this new stuff will be.

ramonazo
09-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Shatter, Manzanita Sol is from here, from Mexico, and I can say that the taste is good, but Manzana Lift from Coca-Cola is MUCH BETTER!, also here in Mex. there's two extensions of Manzanita Sol brand: Green Apple (this one tastes damn good!) and Exotica -Tamarindo-Apple- (I don't recommend this one), for more info and pics of those products visit the FRAWG topic...

BottleBoss
09-02-2005, 02:42 PM
It's really good. You can get it at most Mexi-Marts.

Shatter
09-06-2005, 05:20 PM
I wouldn't drink anything with Tamarind in it. I tried it years ago, and i'll never drink it again. Not my kind of flavor.

ramonazo
09-12-2005, 01:44 AM
Here's an ad of the apple-tamarindo flavor of Manzanita Sol:

http://www.yucatan.com.mx/noticias/20050911/anuncios/0000451548.jpg

[ 10-01-2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

mjb1124
09-17-2005, 03:29 PM
I found this in 20 oz. bottles at one of my college's on-campus convenience stores (which only sells Pepsi products due to the whole "pouring rights" thing). This is the first apple soda I've tried, so I can't say how it measures up to others, but it's pretty good. Tastes like lightly carbonated apple cider, although it could stand to be a bit less sweet.

This is the first time I've seen a Hispanic-themed product from the Big Three sold in my area (aside from the major Fanta flavors), but it makes sense because we have quite a large Latino(a) population.

ramonazo
09-17-2005, 07:03 PM
One question guys, Pepsi haven't had in U.S. an apple soda before Manzanita Sol and the new Frawg?

mjb1124
09-17-2005, 08:06 PM
They had Slice Apple. Never saw it in my area though.

tallflip
09-17-2005, 09:37 PM
in the 1980's we had Apple Slice for a few years. Then in the late 80's early 90's we had Mirinda Apple too. I only saw that in major Hispanic outlets here. Nowadays you can find apple sodas from Mexico at most stores. Still haven't seen the local version of Manzanita Sol here.

ramonazo
09-18-2005, 12:40 AM
In Mexico, before Pepsi bought Manzanita Sol (because in the past it was an independent brand, and I think that Coke used to distributed it, but I'm not so sure) we used to have Mirinda Apple, and It was damn good, it tasted like apple chewing gum.

[ 09-26-2005, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

The Doomite
09-24-2005, 08:21 PM
I've seen Manzanita Sol at the Wal-Mart here for a few weeks now, but only in 12 packs until yesterday. I saw 20oz bottles of the stuff for 58 cents each, so I ended up getting a couple on a whim. I really like Fanta Apple, but it's getting harder to find around here, and I really haven't had any in a while anyway. As for the taste of Manzanita Sol, it's not bad at all. It's a bit on the sweet side, not so much of a "natural" apple cider taste, but it's good nonetheless. As a side note, Wal-Mart's also come out with an apple flavored soda, probably to appeal to the Hispanic market. I also picked up a 2L bottle of this, and will probably let y'all know how I like it soon. For now though, The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

[ 09-25-2005, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: The Doomite ]

bg3hncrp
09-26-2005, 02:09 AM
This summer while I was in Mexico on a mission trip I tried Manzana Lift and got hooked. Manzanita Sol is a little sweeter, but it does the job. Here in Austin, we have it in 2 liter bottles at the grocery store as well as in 20 oz bottles on the UT campus. It's become my new Tuesday/Thursday lunch beverage of choice.