PDA

View Full Version : Stuff I found at World Market

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Frostie Blue Cream/Cherrie LimeAde/Peach Soda.
Sprecher line - are these any good?
Sole water
Aranciata, Limonata and A brown thing by San Pellegrino. what's the brown one taste like?

And, to SS's delight, Lorina. I have a couple bottles in the chiller as we speak.

I also purchased some Afri-Cola, for the first time ever. I'll report bac kto you all later.

Shatter
10-01-2002, 12:01 AM
I've tried 3 kinds of Sprecher's, and the only one I didn't care for was the Ginger Ale. Just too strong and spicy for my tastes. But the others were pretty good. And if the San Pellegrino one you're talking about is Chinotto, it tastes like ass. It's a slightly less offensive kind of Moxie type drink. And Frostie's makes a peach soda? Cool! I'm going to have to try that one.

sodasommelier
10-01-2002, 01:03 AM
Oh, yeah! And Moxie as well... Yes, the chinotto is really similar to the original Moxie, strangely enough...

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-02-2002, 09:17 PM
the afri cola wasn't that bad. in fact, i quite enjoyed it.

as for the lorina orangeade and lorina lemonade, they didn't have nearly as much flavor as i was expecting. maybe that raspberry lemonade will be better?

Shatter
10-03-2002, 12:14 AM
That Lorina Orangeade has a subtle flavor, but it grows on you after a few sips. It's really pretty good. Actually, when I buy a big bottle, i'm always suprised how fast I go through it.

yumsoda
10-03-2002, 09:00 PM
For me, there's a brightness or a freshness about the Lorina's that I don't get from other "lemonades." Maybe that's because the guy makes the flavoring syrup every day?

Whatever the reason, it's super refreshing.

We have the San Pellegrino chinotto here and I still can't figure out how a "citrus" drink is supposed to be that color brown. But it does have its loyal followers.

Shatter
10-04-2002, 12:50 AM
A brown citrus drink..... isn't brown the color that citrus fruits turn when they rot? Maybe they wanted to make a drink that tasted like rotting oranges and lemons... That would explain chinotto's taste.....

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-28-2002, 10:35 PM
SS - i found your moxie cherry cola. is is supposed to taste low carbonated? anyway, nice caps...i like the ying and yang...

RunWithDaLilGuy 2.0
06-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Try mixing a few of those together. If I'm not mistaken, they could be classified as WOMD.

johnnyrockets
06-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Lorina's cool - love their lemonade