PDA

View Full Version : CCE Plant Codes

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-03-2002, 12:00 AM
If we generate a listing of plant codes for CCE bottlers, this can assist in people finding Citra or Fanta Lemon or whatever else there looking for.

I can contribute a measely two:

DET - Detroit, Michigan
GRA - Grand Rapids, Michigan

Terry K
10-03-2002, 08:34 PM
More codes for the list:

OZ = Ozarks Coke/DP bottling, Springfield MO
OC = Oklahoma City
TB = Temple Bottling (Dr pepper)
LX = Lenexa KS
WI = Wichita, KS (believed to be a Kansas City area plant)
EE = Edmund, OK!? (This one makes Coke & DP)
JA = Jacksonville, FL
SL = St Louis/Maryland Heights
HW = Hollywood Florida
SW = Swire (Salt Lake City)
TO = Ontario CA
MB = Mobile, AL
DT = Detroit
HF = High Country Foods of Selah Washington
FW = Fort Worth

[ 02-16-2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Terry K ]

bigrich
10-03-2002, 11:11 PM
MORE CODES:

HO - Indianapolis, IN
US - Kokomo, IN
WI - Witchita, KS
RA - Rochester, MN
MD - Chicago, Main Depot (Kosher Product)
RX - Chicago, Regional
WP - Milwaukee, WI
CN - Cincinnati, OH
HM - Hamburg, PA
TB - Twinsburg, OH
CV - Cleveland, TN
PA - ?
PR - Portland, IN
FL - Flint, MI
ET - ?
SL - St. Louis, MO
LX - Lenexa, KS
DT - Detroit, MI

Also, only first 2 letters are plant codes. The third letter is the day of the week, A=Sunday, etc..

[ 11-29-2003, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

bigrich
10-03-2002, 11:16 PM
More Codes
OR - Orlando, FL
TP - Tampa, FL
PR - Portland, IN

fusion
10-04-2002, 10:58 PM
CV is Cleveland, TN

Hamburg, PA is actually HM

BH=Bethehem, PA
BT=Baltimore, MD
MT=Moorestown, NJ
PH=Philadelphia, PA
SS=Silver Spring, MD
RM=Richmond, VA
AX=Alexandria, VA
NH=Needham Heights, MA
KH=Hartford, CT
KE=Elmsford, NY
KM=Maspeth, Queens, NY
MR=Marietta, GA
MV=Montross, VA
SY=Salisbury, NC

Ones I'm not sure of:

II= this is a Dasani plant, somewhere in the Pittsburgh metro area.
HG= this is where Central Coca-Cola bottles their plastic at (they buy cans from Mid-Atlantic Canners, Zanesville and Hamburg)
WP = I can only find Barq's Red Creme 20oz at one particular Sheetz store just outside of Reading, PA.. and this is the code on the bottle.

Are you sure those two are three letters? Every bottler code I've seen is two letters.

DJ Brian
10-05-2002, 12:58 AM
not 100% on some of these

AB=Atlantic, IA
SX=Billings, MT
LP=londonderry NH (they have mello yello melon!)

HO=Old Hondo Code (chicago IL)

BB=Bayboro, NC (consolidated) (i think)
RE=north carolina /kentucky somewhere
FL=North carolina / michigan somewhere?
DD=chesterman / sioux city, ia?
PL=chesterman / sioux city, ia?

xlogold
10-05-2002, 01:46 AM
CCE is too much of a monopoly!!!! There probably the only reason Tab is still sold in the U.S.

This is not good because there taking over all the smaller Coca-Cola bottlers. I said this before though.

bigrich
10-05-2002, 11:01 PM
WP = Milwaukee, WI (Old Herbco)(Wisconsin Production facility)
HO = Indianapolis (Old Herbco)(Hooiser Operations)
MD = Chicago (Old Herbco)(Main Depot)
RX = Chicago Regional (Old Herbco)

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-06-2002, 10:53 PM
bigrich, you're right.

GR - grand rapids, michigan.
DE - Detroit, Michigan

fusion
11-11-2002, 08:35 PM
I think BB is Bishopville, South Carolina. I brought back some Dasani and Fanta from Virginia (consolidated territory), and the cans say "South Atlantic Canners, Inc., Bishopville, South Carolina"

fusion
02-16-2003, 01:10 AM
Just bringing this to the top, with the recent question about code FL. Maybe it's Great Falls, Montana? And I think SY may actually be Charlotte, NC (the facility is called Snyder)

Terry K
02-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Just bringing this to the top, with the recent question about code FL. Maybe it's Great Falls, Montana? And I think SY may actually be Charlotte, NC (the facility is called Snyder)I got a couple new ones:

SC = (Denver of some sort!?) => NOW RUNS FRIDGE PACK
SA = (Another Denver one!?)

WI is confirmed to be Wichita KS.

fusion
02-16-2003, 06:51 PM
I can confirm there is indeed a production facility located in Denver. Who knows what the codes mean, though. smile.gif

SamC
02-17-2003, 12:00 PM
I think that

SY is Charlotte (CCBCC)
RE is CCBCC's Roanoke, VA facility
BB is South Atlantic Canners, Bishopville, SC (which is managed by CCBCC under a long term agreement).

RunWithDaLilGuy
02-19-2003, 08:15 PM
I see FL in michigan but it is only a 1L plant. DJ Brian above said that he had seen FL in north carolina. why would 1L from great falls, montana be in Michigan and north carolina?

all of our 20oz, 2L etc... are all either GR or DT in michigan, but the 1L are FL. now, there might be a TC (traverse city) plant for northern lower michigan, and maybe FL is in the upper peninsula of michigan, but last i knew, there was this crazy coop canner that did everything up there from coke to a&w root beer and what not.

fusion
02-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Great Falls was just a guess. There was an article in the CCE newsletter about Great Falls winning some quality control awards for production and distribution, the first facility to ever do so.

The caps of these FL one liters.. do they say something to the effect of "Bottled by a member of the CCE bottling group" If so, they're part of CCE, if not, they might just be a co-op bottler.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-09-2003, 05:52 PM
hey fusion...the FL caps are all cce.

SY bottled the 16 oz cans (i guess canned then) for the red wings champs series. that would make sense then because NC has had 16oz tall boys for a while.

i bet they were pissed because the red wings beat the hurricanes! i love irony! hahahahahahahahahahaha.

as for the red wings 12oz cans champions edition, those came from FL.

everything else is DT, GR in michigan except for dasani.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-09-2003, 06:16 PM
also, my 8oz cans (from halloween) were produced in CV. it only has the 5 cents deposit for new hampshire and colorado...odd, because they are so close together.

Terry K
03-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
also, my 8oz cans (from halloween) were produced in CV. it only has the 5 cents deposit for new hampshire and colorado...odd, because they are so close together.If Colorado has a deposit on cans, its news to me. The CO is prolly for Columbia, MO which (had!?) has a deposit on cans of 5 cents.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-17-2003, 03:29 AM
i just learned that on the west side (where i'm at school) the two liters are from plant FL and not GR like the 20oz, cans etc... so all 1L in the state are FL and the 2L in areas serviced by plant GR (grand rapids, michigan) are FL as well. did we ever decide where FL is?

XLS_03
03-17-2003, 04:02 PM
florida is the first/last state on the east coast.

why would you be getting something so far away?

bigrich
03-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Could (FL) be Flint?

[ 03-17-2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

fusion
03-17-2003, 07:33 PM
Could be. CCE has a production facility in Flint.

I am continually suprised by the amount of different products coming out of the Twinsburg, Ohio facility. So far we've received 2 liters and 1/2 liter six packs from them. I've also seen 12 pack cans from there. And the other day they sent us 20oz Dasani. Our Dasani usually comes from II (greater Pittsburgh area plant), which is a dedicated Dasani facility. Is Twinsburg a newer facility? They sure can run a lot of packages (like Richmond, VA).

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-21-2003, 12:10 PM
you know what, i will try and find the number for cce-flint and see what they run up there. man i haven't been up north in forever to see what's shakin up there. i should go sometime this summer.

i don't remember much about the UP of michigan except that there was a co-op that did cans.

fusion
03-31-2003, 08:14 PM
NP is Northampton, Mass, where Powerade, Nestea, MM Juices, Mad River, etc. are produced. There is a similar facility in Waco, Texas. These facilities are owned by Coca-Cola, not the bottlers.

Planet Java and Choglit are being produced at plant BV, which is Batavia, New York (facility is owned by a co-packer).

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-01-2003, 09:47 AM
i saw a coca-cola building in portage, indiana. would that be a dist only or would it be a bottler too? i went through illinois, saw fridge packs out of RX (chicago regional/old herbco).

bigrich
04-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Coca-Cola in Portage before Herbco was a part of Chicago Coca-Cola Bottling. The downtown Chicago plant was/is MD. The suburban facilities were/are RX facilities. The facilites or lines are RX1, RX2, RX3.

fusion
04-02-2003, 02:06 PM
CC is a non-carb/soda combo facility, in Chattanooga Tennessee, and is owned by Coca-Cola United.

The Waco, Texas facility code is WT.

I can now confirm that HG is the Hagerstown, Maryland production facility for Central Coca-Cola.

Some I am unsure of/can't confirm:

VJ - Wilsonville OR
DD - Downey CA
UV - Union City CA
OL - Northlake IL (Olmarc, a copacker)

bigrich
04-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Who does Olmarc co-pack for? Where can you purchase Olmarc products?

fusion
04-02-2003, 11:03 PM
Lots of different manufacturers in many different businesses. Coca-Cola, Mott's, Rexall-Sundown, Mead Johnson, etc.

Their site doesn't specifically mention who they copack for, but it does detail what they can copack.

Olmarc (http://www.olmarc.com/)

The only Coca-Cola product I've seen associated with them is the powder form of Powerade.

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-18-2003, 02:32 PM
Here is a link of a listing of coca-cola bottlers. a number of the phone numbers are out of date or different area codes and so forth but it's still useful. it doesn't separate between bottlers, distributors and cce versus indie's.

http://funlist.com/www/coke/lists/bottlers.html

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-21-2003, 04:30 PM
i guess it was the KE plant in elmsford, new york that was producing the kosher for passover coke.

fusion
04-21-2003, 08:36 PM
You are correct. I used to work for CCE New York, and that was one of our production facilities. I think they just make two liters. They supply sales centers in New York, New Jersey, and eastern Pennsylvania (old Herbco).

mogrady1
05-10-2003, 08:45 PM
We are considering the 24.oz 6 packs due to consumer demand. Once the 24oz. 6 packs are available it will replace the previous sized 6 packs.

fusion
05-28-2003, 04:38 PM
After my trip to WV last weekend, I came back with three new codes. I am not 100% certain of what the codes mean, hopefully others can help decipher them.

AF = Durham Coca-Cola, Durham, NC (small indie). Saw 16.9 6 packs of Mello Yello with this code.

EH = United Coca-Cola, Birmingham AL. Saw fruitopia with this code.

BC?? = Abarta. I saw Hires with this code, though the code was hard to read. It may have been another code alltogether. I'm guessing this is Buffalo?

teamtitan512
05-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Abarta in Buffalo has Hires? WOW....Interesting.

What does Durham Coca Cola have? I'm curious, figured that whole area was Consolidated.

What does the Central Coke Hagerstown facility produce? Being that I live an hour from Hagerstown, I've never seen anything Central Coke coming from Hagerstown.

fusion
05-29-2003, 03:01 PM
The small amount of information on Durham Coke leads me to believe that they only have a small territory, perhaps a county or two, including the city of Durham. Who knows, maybe Consolidated bought them out? I know the two of them were fighting over another indie Coke bottler (Reidsville), and Consolidated won the court case.

CCE Mid-Atlantic has one office in North Carolina, in Elizabeth City. It's in the northeastern part of the state, near the coast.

If you look at their territory map, Consolidated controls all of NC except a swath down the middle (Durham) and part of the coast (CCE).

Hagerstown bottles two liters. HG is their code.
Centrals get their cans from Mid-Atlantic Canners, and their 16.9s from CCE and Consolidated. (Richmond & Roanoke usually).

Buffalo was an assumption. I know the can was from Abarta, but the code was hard to read. Guess I should have grabbed a six pack.

[ 05-29-2003, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-29-2003, 04:46 PM
i take it that abarta cans a lot of brands besides simply coke brands. in my area, the fourth tier (canada dry of east lansing) used to get it's canada dry one liters from abarta (they had those crazy one liter crates that have the dynamic ribbon, like the newer 20oz crates).

now all they get from abarta is tahitian treat 20oz, maybe a couple other kinds of 20oz. they were getting jolt that was made by either abarta or like "phills beverage" or something too, but i kinda think it's abarta.

they get one liters (tonic, diet tonic, tonic w lime and club) from american (and collins mix, one other one i can't remember) from pepsi in college point, new york.

teamtitan512
05-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Found HG 2 liter Vanilla Coke here myself in my house, just always thought HG was Hamburg I guess LOL.

fusion
05-29-2003, 06:47 PM
That's probably Paul's Beverages, New Castle, PA (Pittsburgh area). I've seen their Jolt down this way as well.

HM is Hamburg. It's strictly a can facility that packs cans -- 6 packs, fridge packs, and cubes for Coke bottlers.

I know Central Coke (all facilities) and Northern Neck Coke both use them in this area. Abarta (Lehigh and Coatesville) used to use them somewhat, but not since Hamburg switched to Fridge Packs. Abarta runs those funky round-cornered 12 packs and 24 pack "suitcases" in the Lehigh Valley plant. Mixing those with Fridge Packs would look odd.

I look for Central to sell out eventually to CCE or Consolidated. Then I wonder if MAC will just shut down, since they won't have any other large customers in this area. Or maybe they will sell out to CCE. Who knows. The plant is smack dab in the middle of CCE territory.

teamtitan512
05-29-2003, 06:49 PM
Isn't that Philly Coke area though?

fusion
05-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Oh, and Abarta has four Coke franchises under its' control.

Cleveland
Buffalo
Coatesville (PA)
Lehigh Valley (PA)

I've never been in the Cleveland or Buffalo territories, but I have been in the other two. Lehigh Valley (BH=Bethlehem, PA) produces cans and bottles. Coatesville is a warehouse/sales center that gets product from Lehigh Valley.

Abarta is a pretty diverse company, but I could see them selling the Coke bottling off to the highest bidder.

fusion
05-29-2003, 07:00 PM
No, Hamburg is just north of Reading, which is old Herbco. You'd have to go east to hit Philly territory, around the Quakertown area. Then north of that is Allentown, which is Abarta.

If you head south from Hamburg, you'll eventually get to the other Abarta territory, which is Coatesville, and they only control one county -- Chester County.

It all makes more sense if you look at the map in mapquest.

CCE is in Reading & Lancaster. Abarta is in Bethlehem & Coatesville. Philly is in Philadelphia, North Wales, and Aston.

teamtitan512
05-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Are you sure? I saw on a website that Lancaster County and Chester County were under Abarta, actually it was Abarta's site.

I always thought Hamburg was up above Philly, not Reading. Guess I was wrong.

So was Lancaster Herbco then?

fusion
06-01-2003, 12:11 AM
No, Lancaster is CCE. CCE has an office in downtown Lancaster. I don't know when it came into CCE hands, but I know it wasn't old Herbco territory. It was formerly part of the CCE Capitol Division, but when CCE bought Herb and created the Eastern Great Lakes division, Lancaster, Sunbury, and Harrisburg (Lemoyne) all went to the Eastern Great Lakes Division.

teamtitan512
06-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Ah, starting to make sense now.

drpep
06-01-2003, 09:41 PM
Hires in Buffalo is either Cro-pac or Clintons Ditch Co-op.

RunWithDaLilGuy 2.0
06-02-2003, 01:42 PM
It's all in how you look at it.

fusion
06-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Ok, I'm starting to sort out my recent road trip finds, so here's a list of codes:

CP=College Park, Georgia
CN=Cincinnati, Ohio
SN=Sanford, NC (indie)
MK=Middlesboro, Kentucky
CD=Cleveland, Ohio (Abarta)

Ones I am unsure of:

WK - I see a not of non-soda stuff from here.. KMX and so on.
LR - bought some Dasani with this code.
ET - spotted on Schweppes 1 liters
WP - ?
PA - ?
RC - seen on Fanta 2 liters, Canada Dry 20oz.

I was also suprised to see Ale-8-1 and Mello Yello Melon coming from plant HO.

[ 06-30-2003, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Terry K
06-30-2003, 08:53 PM
LR is Little Rock.
WM West Memphis
PA Eagen MN
WP Milwaukee (Wisconsin Production,old Herbco)
RC Rochester NY (They do not have a can line)

One code I *haven't* figured out yet is LW.

That is appearantly a texas code and it runs Red Flash in Fridge Pack.

[ 06-30-2003, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Terry K ]

teamtitan512
06-30-2003, 11:27 PM
Where is Canada Dry found still under Coke?

What is Ale-8-1? Never heard of it before....

Terry K
07-01-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Where is Canada Dry found still under Coke?

What is Ale-8-1? Never heard of it before....Canada dry is found by plant OZ (Missouri), and I believe it is still sold out east from Coke as well.

Ale 8 1 is Kentucky's soft drink...a very unique Ginger Ale, I can tell ya that much. its website is ale81 dot com and you will find it in much of kentucky and parts of Ohio.

teamtitan512
07-01-2003, 02:34 PM
Yes, Canada Dry still is sold by CCE in Altoona, PA. CCE however dropped it in most of the rest of Herbco territory, but has kept it on board in Altoona. In Johnstown, they have both Seagram's and Canada Dry, telling me they're working on getting rid of Canada Dry.

I take it Ale-8-1 takes the place of Seagram's and what not in KY.

fusion
07-01-2003, 09:37 PM
I don't recall seeing another ginger ale along with Ale-8-1 in the CCE territories I was in. You can check on their website for the various distributors of their product. I know that they do distribute it themselves in their core markets in central Kentucky. I've seen their trucks.

So, nobody has any idea of where WK is?

drpep
07-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Where I live in NY Canada Dry is carried by Coke.

fusion
07-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Canada Dry is sold by CCE in their New England division. I believe they also sell it in Canada.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-01-2003, 11:21 PM
fusion, you're right. and pepsi has schweppes.

No Soda
07-19-2003, 02:54 PM
Anybody know of CCE codes for Canada? On the Coke glass refillables I brought home from PEI is a code like this: date - initials, RV-a letter. The Vanilla Coke bottle I have is coded MR2403RVC. All of the bottles have the letters "RV " after the exp date. I would love to know where this plant is. My guess is somewhere in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia. This plant, wherever it is, puts out 335 and 750 ml refillable glass bottles. Doesn't that sound nice??

fusion
09-01-2003, 04:07 PM
Somehow, a can of Sprite from production facility LW made it from Texas to Maryland.. not sure how, I saw it in the damage section in the back of a store. It is definately Texas, because they were advertising some amusement park in South Padre Island.

Terry K
09-02-2003, 06:15 AM
Somehow, a can of Sprite from production facility LW made it from Texas to Maryland.. not sure how, I saw it in the damage section in the back of a store. It is definately Texas, because they were advertising some amusement park in South Padre Island.Same for Red Flash I got not too long ago.

teamtitan512
09-03-2003, 04:22 PM
I've asked this before and never got an answer...but does anyone know what a code EN was in the Herbco system, maybe now for CCE. I found this on some 16 oz. glass bottles of Mello Yello bottled around 1994 (w/an old pre-insanity logo).

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-03-2003, 10:33 PM
are those the infamous "seinfeld" bottles?

bigrich
10-09-2003, 11:50 PM
Our local CCE-Tri States canner runs out of product frequently by locally canner (HO), Indianapolis. I frequently see cans from (CN), Cincinnati, OH, (CV), Cleveland, TN, (RX)&(MD), Chicago, (WP) Milw., WI, (TB), Twinsburg, OH, (SL), St. Louis, & (PR), Portland, IN. I just bought some cans from (PR) and they have more info on the code date than I have seen before. CCE lists the outdate, plant code, time, and five digit can number. Example: (line #1) MAY1004PRC, (line #2) 1437-84987. The cans in the multi-pak had consectutive numbers.

fusion
10-10-2003, 09:34 PM
I think Richmond (RM) does the consecutive numbering thing, too. I was stocking 12 packs one day and started looking at the numbers, and I realized they were changing, lol.

fusion
10-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Not CCE codes, but Coke USA/Minute maid codes for their juice box/frozen/chilled products. I can't 100% confirm these, because I keep reading things that seem to conflict the actual plant codes. Argh.

H - Hightstown, NJ (plant is closing)
G - Geneva, OH (also GF)
D - Auburndale, FL (could also be code DA)

PW - Paw Paw, MI
SI - Superstore Industries, Turlock, CA (copacker)
LE - Cutrale, Leesburg FL (copacker)

Still no idea on what WK is, though. KMX is produced there.... Though our KMX is ordered and delivered from Northampton MA (NP). So, I assume that WK is in close proximity to NP.

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-03-2003, 04:38 PM
paw paw michigan? i didn't think there was a facility there in that little town.

hey i saw an "ss" on an old bottle in my attic. i should take picturs of some of the old bottles i've got and put em on the web.

i love seeing "49 cents" on twenty ounces, or the old sixteen ounce glass bottles that were made at many plants.

teamtitan512
11-03-2003, 05:47 PM
SS is Silver Spring, MD I believe.

fusion
11-03-2003, 06:36 PM
The current SS may not be as old as the bottle that he's talking about. Silver Spring was once a sales center that was converted into 20 ounce production when the Rockville sales center was opened. I can't remember when that actually happened, though.

Silver Spring only makes loose 20 ounce. They did make 20 ounce 6 packs, but when CCE introduced the 24 ounce 6 pack, they did away with the 20ounce 6 pack.

When CCE ran a 12 pack 20 ounce promotion with the club chains (BJs, etc), they had to send the loose bottles out to another company who packaged them in cardboard trays and shrinkwrapped them.

fusion
11-03-2003, 06:41 PM
The Paw Paw plant produces juice boxes. The facility is just west of the center of town, not too far off of I-94, on Red Arrow Highway.

fusion
12-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Just bringing this to the top, to see if anyone's found any other codes.

I read an article that sheds some light on why Coke United uses the code EL for their stuff that's produced in Birmingham, AL. Turns out the facility is on East Lake Blvd.

Birmingham Coca-Cola turns 100 (http://www.bizjournals.com/birmingham/stories/2002/03/18/story3.html)

fusion
12-09-2003, 08:12 PM
NS = Nashville, TN
GG = ??? Houston, TX area?

CE = Great Plains Coke can line (location unknown)
CA = Great Plains Coke bottle line (location unknown)

I did an informal poll on a non-beverage related board, and most of the codes were familiar ones, except these.

[ 12-09-2003, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Cheer-wined
12-09-2003, 08:22 PM
I've been meaning to phone the NC soft drink association and ask if they have a complete list of NC bottler codes. I know there are 17 bottlers total. Will post what I find...

bigrich
12-09-2003, 09:43 PM
Recently I have seen some product here from CCE with plant code ET. Any info. on location?

fusion
12-09-2003, 10:32 PM
No info on ET, WK, or LW. Unless Terry knows something the rest of us don't..

fusion
12-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Wait, ET.. did it say something like Big Sky bottling on the top? Huntsville? I used to have a 10oz deli Sprite, but I must have drank it. I think it had that code on it.

And isn't there another thread on the board somewhere with the other codes? or am I imagining something?

fusion
12-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Another new one (and a company I've never heard of).

AB = Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company, Waukee, Iowa.

Atlantic Bottling's Coke Cam (http://www.atlanticbottling.com/) Not a very exciting site.

RunWithDaLilGuy
12-10-2003, 03:19 PM
there might be on the salute to soda board but i think i started this post with the express purpose of keeping a complete list here.

how big is atlantic bottling, and i wanna be on the coke cam!

Terry K
12-12-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
there might be on the salute to soda board but i think i started this post with the express purpose of keeping a complete list here.

how big is atlantic bottling, and i wanna be on the coke cam! Atlantic Bottling is the Des Moines area bottler. They have a territory stretching from Des Moines to the Iowa border south, and to nearly Omaha to the west, but very little east of DSM.

They're a nice family owned operation, and they're one of the few single franchise bottlers who still run their own products (Cans/bottles)

Atlantic is actually in, surprise, Atlantic, IA.

fusion
12-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanks for correcting me Terry. I was in Des Moines years ago, long before I had an interest in soda.

Do they run any non-Coke products? Do they sell 16.9oz?

Terry K
12-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Thanks for correcting me Terry. I was in Des Moines years ago, long before I had an interest in soda.

Do they run any non-Coke products? Do they sell 16.9oz? I don't recall them selling 16.9 oz, and they do NOT sell any non-coke products (That I can recall) ABC has most of the 3rd tier stuff (including DP and 7up), and Pepsi has Hawaiian Punch.

bigrich
12-22-2003, 09:09 PM
This week we have CCE products in Indy from (HO) local, (CN), (FL), (TB), (MD), (CV), (ET), (SL), (WP) & (CP). Stuff is coming in from as far as Georgia. I still am unsure where (ET) is? It appears they have shut down the 500ml line here as most product comes from (CN). (HO) now does 24oz. 20oz singles may have also been phased out at (HO) as most product comes from elseware. Most 24 suitcases are (HO), but fridge paks come from many different places.

[ 12-22-2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

fusion
12-24-2003, 03:48 PM
How's the 24 ounce selection?

We've got Coke, Diet, CF Diet, Sprite, Vanilla, Nestea, MM Lemonade, and Dasani. I also saw Dr Pepper and Mello Yello from Cleveland TN (CV) when I was down there this summer.

And speaking of 24 packs, does anyone know if any other canners besides Mid-Atlantic (HM) use a cube-style box instead of the suitcase/slab box?

bigrich
12-24-2003, 07:49 PM
The only other canner I've seen to use the cube was Mid-Atlantic Zanesville, before they shut down operations.

Terry K
12-26-2003, 05:56 AM
How's the 24 ounce selection?

We've got Coke, Diet, CF Diet, Sprite, Vanilla, Nestea, MM Lemonade, and Dasani. I also saw Dr Pepper and Mello Yello from Cleveland TN (CV) when I was down there this summer.

And speaking of 24 packs, does anyone know if any other canners besides Mid-Atlantic (HM) use a cube-style box instead of the suitcase/slab box? *raises hand* Coke Great Plains is using cubes for all their products, including DP.

I have yet to see a CCE bottler tho use a cube.

CCE-Los Angeles though AFAIK runs only Coke, Diet, and Sprite (they may have Pepper in the areas south of here) in 24 pack suitcases.

fusion
12-26-2003, 11:38 PM
In 24 packs, we (meaning CCE Mid-Atlantic) regularly have Coke, Sprite, Diet, CF Diet, CF Coke, Vanilla, Seagram's, Nestea Cool, and MM Lemonade. I've also recently seen Diet Sprite and Diet Coke w/ Lemon in 24 packs, though they may have been one-time runs, I'm not sure.

I know they used to sell other flavors, like Surge and Fresca in 24pks.. and MAC used to produce other flavors like Sunkist and Barq's for the old Herbco territories in NE Pennsylvania (in cubes, not suitcases).

[ 12-26-2003, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

bigrich
12-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Now we have some product in Indy from (RM), Richmond and (MP). Does anyone know where (MP) is? Also has anyone figured out where (ET) is?

unnamed
12-28-2003, 11:57 PM
II= this is a Dasani plant, somewhere in the Pittsburgh metro area.
Washington, PA, to be specific.

fusion
12-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Yup. Former Cameron Coke area. They produce all our 24 ounce. We used to get 20oz and 16.9oz from there, but since Richmond (RM) production added on a Dasani line, they produce those packages now. I guess II produces more for the EGL and NY divisions now. But then again, Twinsburg (TB) also has a Dasani line, as does Maspeth Queens NY production. (KM) We still get 12oz 12pk and 24pk from Maspeth.

Cheer-wined
01-05-2004, 05:47 PM
I can’t contribute much about CCE, but I’ve got other information about Coke in the Carolinas. Some of this will repeat information already posted…

Starting from the CCBCC territory map, taken from their website:

http://home.triad.rr.com/coolmoon/consolidated_carolinas.jpg

(note: Territories include the Piedmont Coca-Cola Bottling Partnership joint venture with The Coca-Cola Company)

The non-Consolidated pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are:

1. Durham Coca-Cola, est. 1906 by the Rand family, still family owned (3rd generation.) code-AF. They produce 20oz., ½L, 2L, 10oz glass. They source 2L’s from Southeast Container near Asheville, glass bottles from Wilson NC (I’m assuming it’s the Saint-Gobain facility.) Their territory includes the city of Durham and the counties of Durham, Orange, Granville, Vance and part of Wake. Member of the Bishopville co-op.

2. Sanford Coca-Cola. Located in Sanford/Lee Co., NC. Established 1970 by the Ingram family, still family owned. code-SN. They produce 2L (also from Southeast Container) and 8oz glass (comes from Mexico City.) Territory is Lee, part of Harnett (Lillington) and Chatham counties. Member of the Bishopville co-op.

3. Aberdeen Coca-Cola. Located in Aberdeen/Moore Co., NC. Founded 1913 by Gibson Seymour, still family owned. Territory covers the counties of Moore, Hoke and a small part of Montgomery (Candor.) Member of the Bishopville co-op, no onsite production.

4. Washington Coca-Cola. Located in Washington/Beaufort Co., NC. Founded in 1911 by Dawson family, still family owned. Territory covers western part of Beaufort Co. and parts of Martin and Pitt counties. Member of the Bishopville co-op, no onsite production.

5. CCE Mid-Atlantic, office in Elizabeth City.

6. Coke United, office in Spartanburg. Member of the Bishopville co-op. United also covers the area around North Augusta SC (from Augusta GA) and the tip of SC near Savannah (from Brunswick GA.)

7. Rock Hill Coca-Cola Bottling Company. Located in Rock Hill/York Co., SC. Founded in 1908 by W.M. Mauldin, still family owned. Member of the Bishopville co-op. They do not produce directly, all of their products come from either CCBCC or Bishopville. Territory is York Co., SC.

8. Orangeburg Coca-Cola, est. 1905 and purchased by the Avinger family in 1969/70. Located in Orangeburg/Orangeburg Co., SC. Territory includes Orangeburg and Calhoun counties (south of Columbia.) Member of the Bishopville co-op, no onsite production.

Sources of information: most comes directly from each bottler so I believe it to be fairly accurate; also used some SIC search data from Harris Infosource (a subscription service.)

Other bits & pieces…

Consolidated’s Snyder production facility (SY) was named for the Snyder family who started Charlotte Coca-Cola in 1902.

South Atlantic Canners in Bishopville, SC is a co-op that produces cans and PET for its members. Consolidated manages the plant; the board of directors is made up of 1 representative from each member, with each rep. having 1 vote. The members include CCBCC, Durham, Sanford, Aberdeen, Washington, Rock Hill, Orangeburg, and Coke United. I don’t think CCE is a member.

Although most of the indies which are non-bottlers/canners source from Bishopville, some product is purchased directly from CCBCC.

The CCBCC products we get in Winston-Salem come from Roanoke (RE) and Charlotte (SY.)

enough already.

fusion
01-05-2004, 09:56 PM
CCE usually doesn't buy from CCBCC, but I did notice that they were buying Dasani FPs from SY for the Richmond area when I was down there last year.

The Sandston production facility in Richmond (RM) produces all packages for the Mid-Atlantic division, though most of their product stays in the southern sales centers (Richmond, Norfolk, Yorktown, Elizabeth City..).

The exceptions are 24oz and 16.9oz 6 packs (they are the only Mid-Atlantic facility that produces them), Mello Yello FPs (Baltimore production has never ran these for some odd reason), and Dasani. The Dasani line was added the middle of last year, and has produced 16.9 6 packs and 12 packs, 20 ounce loose, and they just started making Dasani FPs in the last week or so (we haven't received our initial shipment yet).

At times we will get Richmond produced FPs or 2L, if the northern production facilities aren't running that brand at that time.

So I really don't see why CCE would have someone on the board of Bishopville. They prefer to stay inside the company when buying product. That's the big reason why Mid-Atlantic Canners' Zanesville Ohio (ZN) facility closed. It lost all the can business when CCE bought out Herbco.

Cheer-wined
01-06-2004, 06:50 PM
fusion, do you know if the CCE in that upper northeast bit of NC has anything outside of standard Coke products? PBV has an office in Eliz. City too and I think they do DP there.

fusion
01-06-2004, 11:37 PM
I've never actually been to their territory, but that office is in the Mid-Atlantic division, which is the same division I work in, so I suspect there isn't much variance in their product offering.

The only difference I noticed from the northern sales centers in the division and the southern sales centers was that you could find Northern Neck in the south, but not the north.

I do know that someone approached me a few months ago and said they were from NC, but couldn't find Nestea sweet tea near where they lived (CCBCC territory). I suggested they head up to Elizabeth City, since I was pretty sure that they had it there.

You might also find the MM smoothies in that area, if they aren't near where you are. Diet Coke with Lime should be there in 10 days or so as well.

Mid-Atlantic Division is a "merger" of the old Capitol and Commonwealth divisions. Commonwealth was the VA and NC territories, and Capitol was the MD/DC/DE/PA territories. They eliminated one division when Herbco was bought out, and the PA territories in the old Capitol division (Harrisburg/Lancaster/Sunbury) were moved to the Eastern Great Lakes division to join up with the Herbco, Cameron and I think one other small PA bottler's teritory that was acquired. The old Ohio division (or maybe it was Ohio/Kentucky, I'm not sure) was eliminated, and the EGL division was created, and so was the Tri-State division. A small bit of territory that was owned by CCBCC in Ohio and Kentucky joined these divisions as well.

That's not 100% accurate, but it's pretty close.

Cheer-wined
01-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Another little curiosity about South Atlantic Canners is their plant code BB. The Kroger beverage plant in Bluefield VA, Bluefield Beverage, uses the same code on Big K and private labels they make. There's no connection between the two, just a coincidence.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-25-2004, 10:41 PM
in michigan, we're getting nestea cool 2L from plant "TB"

anyone?

they come in a pepsi-style coca-cola enterprises red crate

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-26-2004, 09:12 AM
oop, twinsburg ohio, nm. i wonder why we're getting stuff from there. (i'm in lansing, michigan)

teamtitan512
05-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Might be because it's a facility that's big but doesn't have a whole lot of room to send product. It's right outside Cleveland in the middle of ABARTA territory. It only serves Akron, Canton, Youngstown, Erie, and Pittsburgh. Move over in PA, and you'll find stuff coming from BT, SS, AX, etc., and down in Columbus, I believe that's CCE Tri-States, from CN and HO.

fusion
05-26-2004, 06:18 PM
That's my thinking as well -- they have the production capacity to fill in the gaps when other areas need product. We were getting Nestea 2L from them as well for a short time. Lots of Dasani, too.

Heck, we even got a shipment of 16.9oz 12pk Dasani from Hollywood Florida a few weeks ago.

teamtitan512
05-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Interesting thing I noticed today is the facility code used for the Giant drinks is code CV. Kind of interesting that's also the code for Cleveland, TN. Wonder where it is?

fusion
05-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Concordville, PA. Used to be Concord Beverages (and was owned by Honickman), now part of Cott. They have a sister plant in Elizabeth, NJ -- Code EL.

teamtitan512
05-28-2004, 01:46 PM
As for Giant's sodas, their SunPop Orange is pretty rotten for an orange soda I think, and the Quist Lemon-Lime is better than Sierra Mist, but still very much storebrand tasting. The Sterling Ginger Ale was OK for a Ginger Ale, but I'm not a big fan of GA's.

I was at a party and the most drinkable mixture was by far mixing all 3 together. The brown color it became was quite unappealing, but the taste was pretty good. I wonder if I started bottling it, and calling it "Trio", if it would go anywhere? I highly doubt it, but at least it would be original, a little OK-esque.

bigrich
05-29-2004, 02:33 AM
Went to Costco today and found some interesting packaging in Indy. CCE had product in 18 pack cans from (DT) Detroit and 24-20oz bottles from (MD) Chicago, IL. Pepsi Americas had 36 can packs (packaged locally).

[ 05-29-2004, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-31-2004, 09:31 PM
in Iowa, i found CCE prods from PA, WP, RX, PR and so forth.

nothin special really in the coke aisles.

drpep
05-31-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
I was at a party and the most drinkable mixture was by far mixing all 3 together. The brown color it became was quite unappealing, but the taste was pretty good. I wonder if I started bottling it, and calling it "Trio", if it would go anywhere? I highly doubt it, but at least it would be original, a little OK-esque. In Concord, NC area is a 4 store chain called What-a Burger (not related to the Texas one). They have a drink called Witches Brew ( I think, its Witches something) which is a mixture of all the drinks from the fountain and I believe the counter guy said a pickle.

fusion
05-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Yeah, but did you see the breakfast menu? What the heck is livermush? I think that's what it was called on the small breakfast menu board.

fusion
05-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Ok, to bring this thread back on topic..

Any thoughts on code NW? We had some PET fridgepacks with that code. I beleive the caps were CCB.. but the boxes were Meadwestvaco, which leads me to believe it isn't Consolidated, but I'm not sure.

I'm also impressed with Consolidated retooling their production facilities to run all (or a large variety, anyway) packages. We've been getting PET FPs from MB (Mobile) and SY (Charlotte) in addition to some from a new line installed in SS (Silver Spring) by CCE.

I'm wondering what facilities will be running C2 8pks. I do know that BT (Baltimore) is already set up to run 18pks, which is C2's other can package. C2 won't be in 2L, though. Just 20oz for PET.

[ 05-31-2004, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Cheer-wined
05-31-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by dr pepperman:
They have a drink called Witches Brew ( I think, its Witches something) which is a mixture of all the drinks from the fountain and I believe the counter guy said a pickle. Now you know what a Witch Doctor is!

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-03-2004, 06:06 PM
DT and FL are both set to run 18pack cans in michigan.

Irishpepsi04
06-09-2004, 02:26 AM
here in Western Washington I have seen CV in some pop cans. But most of them are VJ (Wilsonville, OR). I haven't been looking at Coke products lately Brian

teamtitan512
06-09-2004, 04:23 PM
CV all the way out there? CV is Cleveland, TN. I know they've been doing the 8 oz. can lines for CCE mostly, as I've seen them here.

fusion
06-09-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm sure I've said this before.. but I have actually been to the Cleveland plant. That place is enormous. They run everything except glass. It's a sales center, warehouse, production, and they even have a recycling center. It was Johnston Coca-Cola's big regional production facility until the CCE/Johnston merger. Now they mostly produce for Georgia and Tennessee, but some product makes its way from there to other places, too.

We used to get our 8oz cans from there until MAC started producing them. From time to time we'll get 16.9oz 6pk from them, and once we even got some 24oz 6pk from them.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-09-2004, 09:54 PM
from cv in michigan, we get all 8ounce cans (coke, diet, sprite) and dr pepper and squirt 24oz 6pks.

i have seen a load of diet coke 8oz cans from PR

fusion
06-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Squirt 24oz 6pks! Wow. I'd never expect to see such a thing. Are they in angle bottles?

teamtitan512
06-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Yeah, that one is interesting. I would say they'd have to be in angle bottles. You should get pics, I know Fusion and I would be interested in seeing them.

RunWithDaLilGuy
06-14-2004, 03:57 PM
angle bottles, same as the dr pepper.
they are buffoonish and don't stay in the rings, terrible idea.

Irishpepsi04
07-06-2004, 04:08 AM
Hi. I had a very interesting trip to Eastern Washington where Swire have Coke and Pepsi Associated Bottlers (Yakima, Olympia, and Mt Angel Oregon).

In Pasco, Richland, Kennewick as Tri-Cities I saw several different codes.

Coke: SW for Swire on almost all soda. There is a code 'TO' on Caffeine-Free Dr. Pepper and Catcus Cooler fridgepacks. There's no other sizes of those two. In parts of Yakina County very close to the mountains have VJ.

Pepsi: Mountains in Yakima County side: TT then it increases to all YC when going towards Yakima. TT has been seen in rural locations between the Thurston County (Olympia) county line with Pierce County (Tacoma) line all the way down to the state border. It's YC for Squirt, 7up, etc between the mountains and Yakima. In Tri-Cities, it's all YC for Pepsi products.

Dr. Pepper: YC around Yakima, which is a Pepsi code. Then upon entering Benton County on I-82, it is Coke Swire (SW). TT in rural locations between Olympia and Portland. MR in Salem, Oregon--applies to Pepsi also.

What I find it interesting is that I saw 24-pack of Red Ruby Squirt, Squirt, DIET Squirt, diet Squirt Red Ruby, CF Pepsi.

CF Dr Pepper is the only product that came from code 'TO' while other Dr Pepper products are SW.

Brian

stapuff
07-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Heres a partial list of CCE North American Production Facilities. Try to match up the codes with this list.

(List removed, see below post)

[ 07-09-2004, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: stapuff ]

stapuff
07-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Using the information in this thread, I matched up these codes with my facility list. All these facilities are CCE, no independents. Some CCE facilities may be missing.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Facility City St/Prov Code
Abilene Abilene TX
Alexandria Alexandria VA AX
Alsip Chicago IL RX
Austin Austin TX
Baltimore Baltimore MD BT
Bellevue Seattle WA VM
Bismarck Bismark ND
Bissonnet Houston TX
Brampton Brampton ON BN
Buckner Dallas TX LW
Calgary Calgary AB CA
Cincinnati Cincinnati OH CN
Cleveland Cleveland TN CV
College Park Atlanta GA CP
Denver Denver CO SC
Detroit Detroit MI DT
Downey Los Angeles CA DD
Eagan Minneapolis MN PA
El Paso El Paso TX
Elmsford Elmsford NY KE
Flint Flint MI FL
Fossil Creek Ft. Worth TX FW
Grand Rapids Grand Rapids MI GR
Great Falls Great Falls MT SX
Gulfgate Houston TX GG
Hartford Hartford CT KH
Honolulu Honolulu HI HH
Indianapolis Indianapolis IN HO
Jacksonville Jacksonville FL JA
Lachine Montreal QB
Lenexa Kansas City KS LX
Little Rock Little Rock AR LR
Los Angeles Los Angeles CA
Marietta Marietta GA MR
Maspeth Maspeth NY KM
McAllen McAllen TX
Memphis Memphis TN
Milwaukee Milwaukee WI WP
Monroe Monroe LA
Montgomery Montgomery AL ET
Needham Heights Needham MA NH
New Orleans New Orleans LA
Niles Chicago IL MD
Orlando Orlando FL OR
Pembroke Hollywood FL HW
Phoenix Phoenix AZ TR
Portland Portland IN PR
Richmond Richmond VA RM
Richmond BC Vancouver BC
Rochester Rochester NY RC
San Antonio San Antonio TX
San Diego San Diego CA SD
San Leandro San Leandro CA UV
Silver Spring Silver Spring MD SS
St. Louis St. Louis MO SL
Tampa Tampa FL TP
Trois Rivieres Trois Rivieres QB RV ?
Twinsburg Twinsburg OH TB
Washington Washington PA II
West Memphis West Memphis AR WM
Weston Toronto ON
Wichita Wichita KS WI
Wilsonville Portland OR VJ
Winnipeg Winnipeg MB </pre>[/QUOTE]

[ 07-22-2004, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: stapuff ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-08-2004, 12:09 PM
that's pretty sweet stapuff. now is this a full list, or just partial?

stapuff
07-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Its a partial list. I could give you more information about what this list represents, but I dont want to get in trouble ;) (I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you tongue.gif )

These are all CCE plants, no independents.

stapuff
07-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the info, changes have been added.

I assume LW (Dallas) is buckner.

I just got a new Fanta Citrus today from ET. Montgomery makes sense, its kind of close to atlanta.

Heres one that i found odd: Schweppes Ginger Ale from CP, I thought Pepsi bottled most Dr Pepper/7up products.

I saw a dasani in town from LR today also.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by stapuff:
Its a partial list. I could give you more information about what this list represents, but I dont want to get in trouble ;) (I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you tongue.gif )

These are all CCE plants, no independents. eh, i don't really see the big deal. are they spy or nuclear warhead installations?

stapuff
07-09-2004, 10:06 PM
nah, if I told you why, you would understand....

but then I would have to kill you ;)

smile.gif

fusion
07-12-2004, 12:49 AM
staypuf:

Brampton is BN.

SS is Silver Spring, not Silver Springs.

The Richmond VA facility is called Sandston (ok, maybe that's being a little picky).

I'm still trying to figure out how Buckner is LW. But at least now we know what city LW is in.. We knew it was Texas.

How can both Great Falls MN and Flint MI be FL? Great Falls is actually SX.

Bellevue WA is VM
Denver CO is SC
San Leandro CA is UV
Honolulu HI is HH
Phoenix AZ is TR
San Diego CA is SD

I'm assuming CCE shut down Herb's bottle facilities in PA after the buyout. Pittston PA had a bottle facility. Supposedly Ebensburg PA did as well. Pittston's code was PI.

teamtitan512
07-12-2004, 02:00 AM
Ebensburg did have a facility, I know they did glass there. I have old 16 oz. glass bottles of Mello Yello from Herbco days, and the code is EB. I didn't see it then, but I easily see now it was Ebensburg.

stapuff
07-12-2004, 08:50 AM
fusion, thanks for the info. changes have been made to my list.

Are there any CCE facilities I should add to the list?

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-12-2004, 09:16 AM
paw paw, michigan = PW

fusion
07-12-2004, 02:45 PM
no.. paw paw is a Coke USA facility.

Actually, CCE did own a few non-carb production facilities, but Coke bought them back. There's Northampton MA (NP) and Waco TX (WT). They produce Powerade, MM and Nestea single and multipack PET.

MD in Chicago also produces some noncarb stuff, and CC is Coke United's Chattanooga TN facility. I'm not sure if that's a strictly noncarb facility, or a combo one.

fusion
07-12-2004, 02:51 PM
I can't think of any other facilities. I am most familiar with the Northeast Region, and I'm almost 100% sure you have all the facilities in that region correct.

fusion
07-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Anyone have any updates to contribute to the production code list? Lots of gaps, especially in Texas.

jon m.
10-31-2012, 06:02 PM
code ET = Big Spring's, based in Huntsville, Alabama. They made 6pk/12pk/24pk cans, pre-mix, 2 liters and 20oz CSD among other things. They supplied Coke and DP products.

This is based on my experiences unloading incoming freight, and checking product against order forms.
They recently, less than a year, went out of business.

Jon M. a soda slinger for an independent [CCBWT]

jon m.
11-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I was mistaken in my earlier post. Big Spring's is "EP".

Jon.