PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Questions

Mr Zabe
09-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Lately I have been on a Pepsi binge. I recently brought a 24 can cube pack. I pour part of a cold can over crushed ice in a 10oz clear acrylic tumbler. I let the poured Pepsi breath for about 10 seconds.

I just do not know why but the carbonation and the taste is out of this world. No I'm not losing my mind and no I'm not smoking wacky tobacky.
Like all of us, I have been drinking Pepsi and Coke nearly all my life. The taste actually is real close to all sugar cain.

The buzz I get is very strong. I'm not exaggerating. The taste is perfect and the buzz almost feels like a high.

My question are there any minor variations from batch to batch that would explain why the cube I now drinking is so damn good?

Tks
Zabe

[ 09-04-2005, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Android
09-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Mr Zabe - I think it must be that ice - everything tastes better with you on ice! Where do you get these magic ice crystals? ;)

That doesn't help me out any though, since I almost never drink anything on ice. :rolleyes:

Pepsi is one company that stresses uniformity from their bottlers. Fountain drinks are one thing, as fountain machines vary so much in amount of syrup per ounce injected and water quality and carbonation levels. But in packaged soda they are pretty strict as far as conformance to standards. However, despite that, I HAVE noticed batch differences, or difference between bottlers - but that is in Diet Pepsi, as I stopped drinking normal Pepsi in anything but glass bottles over a dozen years ago.

andy

[ 09-04-2005, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Android ]

Mr Zabe
09-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks Andy.
My ice maker bit the dust a few months ago.
I now make two trays of ice just about every day.
Maybe Lake Michigan treated water is super charged. LOL

DJ HawaiianShirt
09-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Yo Zabe.

It's quite possible that you have a good batch of Pepsi there. Cherish it.

About 2 years ago, I drank Pepsi Vanilla non-stop for about 6 months, and I definitely had some good 12 packs and some bad ones.

For anyone who hasn't tried Pepsi Vanilla, please do. It's still in my top 10.

SEV smile.gif

No Soda
09-04-2005, 09:20 PM
I've noticed variations in quality from different Pepsi bottlers. In my area (New Haven CT) we get Pepsi from both CPF/Epic Enterprises, and from unspecified "independent local bottlers" as it says on the can. I check the cans to make sure they are made by Epic, as the "independent bottlers" stuff is really bad-weak flavored. Pepsi made by Clinton's Ditch Cooperative (mainly upstate New York) is horrible. When I travel to the New York City area, I try to get Pepsi there, made by the Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of New York.

bigrich
09-05-2005, 12:38 AM
I know around here WIS-PAK Pepsi tastes much better than the stuff from Pepsi Americas. I will have to try some Pepsi in NYC. I will be going in a couple of weeks. The facility there used to produce Pepsi with a "K" on the package. So did Coke. It has been a few years since I have been to the city so it should be interesting.

fusion
09-05-2005, 01:35 AM
They must not have the same quality controls in place for allied brands, because I've had some Dr Pepper from Pepsi bottlers in NC that was undrinkable. Yeech.

Mello Yello Luver
09-05-2005, 09:44 PM
Not too much of a Pepsi fan - since they always make fun of Coke. But I do like Pepsi Vanilla.
An ice cold can of Pepsi Vanilla = Heaven

pepsidew
09-10-2005, 09:04 PM
pepsi vanilla is the only pepsi i really like, i need to get more people to try it so it doesnt go away someday