PDA

View Full Version : 10 ways to know your becoming a BevHead

turtleboy
09-07-2005, 09:54 PM
10 ways to know your becoming a BevHead

1 You never pay for your gas before checking the beverage cooler for something new.

2 When you go to another city you stop at c-stores and markets just to see what soft drinks are available.

3 You have beverage bottles as part of your home or office decor.

4 When friends or family go on vacation they bring you back a bottle of soda instead of a t-shirt for a souvenir.

5 You have actually received a soft drink for a Christmas or birthday present.

6 You check the BevBoard before your e-mail.

7 You would rather go to Jungle Jim's than Disney World.

8 You have left a store with $30.00 worth of soda in your trunk.

9 Your major problems in life are things like "Where am I going to put all of these empty bottles?" or "What am I going to do with the other five cans of Celray?

10 You would rather drink Mexican Coke than US Coke. The things you have heard about Mexican water scare you, but you drink it anyway because it's glass, it's sugar, and it's delicious.

[ 09-07-2005, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: turtleboy ]

Look In The Tunk
09-07-2005, 10:07 PM
1 and 2 applies for me.

Mr Zabe
09-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Here another one that could be on your list.

You open your refrigerator to find that the door and all but 1 square foot of space has at least 7 to 10 flavors of your A list soda pop.

Or

You intend to grocery shop for a weeks worth of food but in stead you buy 2 cubs of soda pop,3 fridge packs of soda pop, 1 case of bottled water and a large bottle of koolaid. ( I often forget to buy food, LOL)

ramonazo
09-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Here's my answer

1 YES, I always that I go to a grocery store, a supermarket or a minimarket I see first the bev section, specially the Coke products shelves, but don't do it before paying gas for two reasons: One, here in Mex. there's guys that pump your gas and you pay to them directly and two, I don't drive because I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO, LOL.

2 DEFINETELY YES, for instance... everytime I go to Lagos de Moreno or Leon, Gto. I go to the grocery stores there only to see the new Coke products and the products that I don't find here (Because Lagos and Leon are FEMSA territories and I'm in CONTAL territory), like Fresca Rosa, Lift Verde, Fanta Pineapple, Fanta Tamarindo, Keloco, etc..., and Coke products with different bottles: Ciel 1 liter with sport cap, Powerade with Power-Flo cap, Coke 710 ml, etc.

3 ABSOLUTELY YES, I have some plastic bottles of Coke decorating the furniture of my bedroom, when I was in my first home, I had the bookshelf full of bottles but my family didn't liked that, they said that my bedroom looked like a LONCHERIA or a Grocery Store.

4 YES, As I mentioned, my friends brought me from Vegas 6 bottles of Coke products, for more info look at "my sodas are here!!" review.

5 YES, last birthday I received one 600 ml Coke bottle, one 600 ml Delaware Punch bottle and three or four 8 oz. glass bottles, my family knows me well!!!

6 ABSOLUTELY, I check it to see what my pals here answer about my replies and the interesting things they comment here.

7 Hmm.. No, this one no.., instead of that I would like to go to EVERYTHING COCA-COLA in Vegas in my next vacation...

8 YES, but not $30, maybe $5 or $10

9 YES TOO... I have a huge pile of empty plastic bottles of U.S. and Mexican Coke products, and keeps growing and growing and I don't know what to do...

10 TOTALLY YES, Although U.S. Coke tastes good, I prefer a thousand times Mexican Coke, but I don't worry about the water, Coca-Cola has greatest quality standards here too, so there's nothing to worry about...

[ 09-08-2005, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Android
09-08-2005, 12:38 AM
pretty much all of the above for me!

Andy

Mello Yello Luver
09-08-2005, 02:17 AM
You can tell I'm a BevHead - look at my name.

Sometimes I waste alot of gas money on road trips to get Mello Yello. But I can't help it!

[ 09-08-2005, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

BottleBoss
09-08-2005, 08:43 AM
I must be a nerd. They all apply to me.

wonkapete
09-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Hey, that's great. They all apply to me!

Hacksaw
09-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Yep, most of those apply to me. I was sooo mad when my wife & friend visited Arizona a few years ago, and got to the Sodapop shop AFTER they had closed. They had promised to pick me up some stuff.

The next time they visited Arizona they did come back with $70 of soda from there.

I wish I had more time in Albuquerque to check out the sodas there last month.

I got started into personal soda importing by hauling a case or 2 of Fanta Red Cream soda from San Jose to Southern California.

FYI, carbonation kill off bacteria in soda after about 48 hours, so Mexican Coke is no problem.
-Mike H.

yankees26mlb
09-08-2005, 03:11 PM
I'd say about half apply to me. I'd never go to a store and spend more than 10 bucks on soda at once. That would be getting a little crazy for me

iluvsurge220
09-08-2005, 03:42 PM
All but the last one apply to me for the most part. I think I spent about $25 on Vault when I went to Tennessee but never more than $30. That's a little extreme I think. I'm all about going to c-stores on vacations and in other cities to see what kinds of pops they have. That is one of the main reasons I look forward to going on vacations or other trips.

Hacksaw
09-08-2005, 03:54 PM
I gave the Bosses at a couple of my jobs bottles of Kickapoo Joy Juice, one on April Fool's Day, & the other as a Birthday Present. I interviewed once at a place where the Boss there had a bottle of Rat B------ Root Beer. At another place, the guy there had a can of Fanta Squash Punch from Japan. :eek:

I raided the Smith's in North Reno on a trip for their last 3 12 packs of Barq's Red Cream, plus a 12 pack of Cactus Cooler, & a 2 liter of K brand Red Cream-very good, this last item.

We have recycling program here in San Jose, so the empties are less of a problem than find room for new sodas.

jmyjunk
09-08-2005, 04:31 PM
"1 You never pay for your gas before checking the beverage cooler for something new."

YUP

"2 When you go to another city you stop at c-stores and markets just to see what soft drinks are available."

OH YES!

"3 You have beverage bottles as part of your home or office decor."

GUILTY AS CHARGED!

"4 When friends or family go on vacation they bring you back a bottle of soda instead of a t-shirt for a souvenir."

This has happened one to many times.

"5 You have actually received a soft drink for a Christmas or birthday present."

No.

"6 You check the BevBoard before your e-mail."

Um, no....

"7 You would rather go to Jungle Jim's than Disney World."

What on earth is Jungle Jim's?

"8 You have left a store with $30.00 worth of soda in your trunk."

Once or twice

"9 Your major problems in life are things like "Where am I going to put all of these empty bottles?" or "What am I going to do with the other five cans of Celray?"

Yes... and Celray is straight up a nasty tasting drink.

"10 You would rather drink Mexican Coke than US Coke. The things you have heard about Mexican water scare you, but you drink it anyway because it's glass, it's sugar, and it's delicious."

Well Real Sugar will always win over HFCS!!!!!

Mr Zabe
09-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Here's another Bevhead silly soda pop trick.

No matter where I go, if I'm thirsty or not and especially if I'm out town, if I see a pop machine I always investigate the line up of flavors. This obsession we have must be a mental illness. LOL

Android
09-08-2005, 07:28 PM
I pretty much stopped looking at vending machines when they stopped selling 16 ounce NR glass bottles in them. :-(

andy

Mr Zabe
09-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Well,I have adapted to the times.

My very first memory of pop machines was the one at the YMCA I went to when I was 12 years old. While my friends were messing around on the basket ball court I was sitting in the lounge sucking down Dowg & Suds root bear pop out of the 16 oz bottle pop machine. I recall it cost 30 cents for an ice cold bottle. Damn did those root beers taste good.

Today,I will take what I can get but those YMCA Saturday morning bottle pops from my youth never leave my mind.

[ 09-08-2005, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ramonazo
09-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Here's another Bevhead silly soda pop trick.

No matter where I go, if I'm thirsty or not and especially if I'm out town, if I see a pop machine I always investigate the line up of flavors. This obsession we have must be a mental illness. LOL When I see a Coke fridge... yes, but when I see a vending machine not so much because in a Coke vending machine here in Ags. there's always Coke, Sprite, Fanta, Fresca, Lift and Coca-Cola Light... no more..., in the place where I work is an example...

[ 09-08-2005, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

drpep
09-08-2005, 09:18 PM
1,2,3,5,6,8 and 9 apply for me. I also have to check the lineup in vending machines.

Mr Zabe
09-08-2005, 09:21 PM
MrR
In my part of the US, we have pop machines from the Big Three pop companies. Coke and Pepsi for the most part have the same flavor line up for their machines. American Beverages does not have many free standing machines. They distribute RC,7up,Dr Pepper, Diet Rite,Welsch's Grape,Old Town and several more.

When I come across an AB machine, my interest get the best of me. If it has Welsch's Grape, it's like a WOW experience. AB line ups tend to vary form machine to machine. LOL

[ 09-08-2005, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

SaveCitra
09-08-2005, 10:29 PM
9 Your major problems in life are things like or "What am I going to do with the other five cans of Celray?

-
That has been a problem of mine for some time. I want to try it, but I don't want to waste a six-pack.EVER.

DJ HawaiianShirt
09-08-2005, 11:38 PM
I can relate to just about all of those.

I have 3 more:

Even if you pay for your gasoline at the pump with a credit card, you STILL go inside to check the cooler.

If you need to get gas somewhere, you deliberately avoid the small stations with unsatisfactory coolers.

When you go grocery shopping, you actually can't buy all the soda you want because you don't have enough money, so you have to choose a limited amount of varieties.

SEV smile.gif

DPDude
09-09-2005, 01:07 AM
10 ways to know your becoming a BevHead

1 Yep. I always make it a point to check the cooler when I gas up the buggy.

2 Yes! I stop at any place that might have soda, even the dollar stores.

3 Yes again! Although I'm having a problem storing everything I have.

4 I'd have to say yes again. Back in May I asked a friend from the UK to bring several cans of Dr Pepper with him when he visited the US. Two years ago I had a friend bring back Dr Pepper from both Japan and Korea.

5 Well not for Christmas, but for my birthday.

6 I always check my email first. I might have email from someone wanting to trade some stuff.

7 I'd go to both Disney World and Jungle Jim's, although not neccessarily in that order.

8 I've left stores with more than $50.00 in soda. When I made a road trip through the midwest last year I ended up coming back with 55 gallons of soda, all in 12oz cans and 20oz bottles, and one 2-liter of Red Fusion.

9 Yep, rapidly running out of space.

10 Mexican Coke is good but I prefer Mexican Sprite even more.