PDA

View Full Version : New Mountain Dew Size

DPDude
09-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Maybe I missed this in the forums somewhere but has anyone run across 14oz cans of Mountain Dew? I found a six pack of them the other night sitting on a shelf next to the paper towels at a grocery store but couldn't find any sign of them in the soda aisle or anywhere else in the store. The people working there hadn't even seen them yet.

Anyway, the cans I found have graphics commemorating the Dallas Cowboys win in Super Bowl XXVIII. Expiration date is Feb 13 06.

Irishpepsi04
09-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by DPDude:
Maybe I missed this in the forums somewhere but has anyone run across 14oz cans of Mountain Dew? I found a six pack of them the other night sitting on a shelf next to the paper towels at a grocery store but couldn't find any sign of them in the soda aisle or anywhere else in the store. The people working there hadn't even seen them yet.

Anyway, the cans I found have graphics commemorating the Dallas Cowboys win in Super Bowl XXVIII. Expiration date is Feb 13 06. Mysterious 6 pack of MD 14oz? interesting that workers there didn't know anything about the MD cans. Is it possible that someone brought it in with a shopping cart then dropped off on purpose by the paper towels? Brian

pepsidew
09-09-2005, 02:36 PM
never heard or seen these - the only 14oz cans i have seen are the ones at walmart - with nascar stuff on them...football season is starting so they are probably coming out with a new package.

DPDude
09-09-2005, 07:51 PM
If the Mountain Dew cans just came in then it's not unusual that the people working in the store wouldn't know. Sodas are one type of product that are handled (stocked, ordered and fronted) only by route drivers and sales reps, the stores grocery stockers never touch the products. When I used to work in a grocery store I remember the manager riding pretty heavy on the reps to keep their product well stocked, especially around holidays.

If anyone is interested, the code on the bottom of the cans is: 1650KS08115X Expiration: Feb 13 06

Irishpepsi04
09-10-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by DPDude:
If the Mountain Dew cans just came in then it's not unusual that the people working in the store wouldn't know. Sodas are one type of product that are handled (stocked, ordered and fronted) only by route drivers and sales reps, the stores grocery stockers never touch the products. When I used to work in a grocery store I remember the manager riding pretty heavy on the reps to keep their product well stocked, especially around holidays.

If anyone is interested, the code on the bottom of the cans is: 1650KS08115X Expiration: Feb 13 06 Code KS not sure where that is. And the six pack was produced on August 11, 2005 at 1650.

popcan.org
09-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Wow that's cool - what store did it come from?

I have some information about the 14oz cans from WalMart on my website:

http://www.popcan.org

First all the series (Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mist, & Dew) had the NASCAR tracks on them.

Pepsi went on to have some Jeff Gordan cans, and now the Pepsi & Diet Pepsi have baseball cans - while Dew have a couple of "extreme sports" designs - skateboarding and such.

I only have a couple of wal-marts near me so I've been unable to get everything yet. In the next couple of weeks, I'm going to make a run to about 25 wal marts to see what else I can find for my colleciton.

ramonazo
09-19-2005, 10:41 PM
Hey, Pepsi fans, have you checked this mexican blue bottle, What do you think?

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/507/pepsibluebottle1jk.th.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pepsibluebottle1jk.jpg)

[ 09-19-2005, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-20-2005, 10:30 AM
i heard ks was ironically, in kansas. all 14oz cans are made there, as well as many 8oz.

DPDude
09-21-2005, 01:48 AM
The 14oz cans are all over the place now. The size line includes Pepsi and Diet Pepsi, all touting the Dallas Cowboys. I guess I'll have to pick up a six pack of each to add to the collection.