PDA

View Full Version : Indian state bans soft drinks after Coke, Pepsi gets toxic label

Mr Zabe
08-05-2006, 05:25 AM
Indian Ban US Soft Drinks (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/08/04/060804150522.alsdl1pq.html)

Say it ain't so? What's this world coming to?
Can't we all just enjoy some carbonated sugar water and a few burps?

Good Grief. :(

[ 08-05-2006, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

the saint
08-05-2006, 07:54 AM
" Federal MPs Thursday demanded a nationwide ban on Pepsi and Coke after the privately-funded Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) said 11 drinks sold by the two US companies contained unacceptable doses of pesticides.

A two-judge bench of India's Supreme Court, meanwhile, gave the two firms a month to reveal the ingredients of their products, officials said. "

I am positive that neither Pepsi or Coke was aware that there were pesticides in their drinks. I am also positive that they wouldn't try and sell those drinks with a label on the side saying "warning not safe for human consumption" .

" The court reacted to a public lawsuit which argued products sold by both the firms were deeply laced with harmful chemicals such as phosphoric acid, caffeine and aspartame. "

I see there are greedy lawyers all over the world that just attack any person or company that has a little money that would more than likely settle out of court rather than have anything as assanine as this on public record.

[ 08-05-2006, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: the saint ]