PDA

View Full Version : PEPSI canceling products

halloaaryn
08-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Now Pepsi Twist (my FAVOURITE soda) is gone. Whats next? Im sick of Pepsi canceling all the products that I love. In protest I would switch to Coke if it didnt taste like such crap.

fusion
08-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Umm, just put a slice of lemon in your Pepsi.

Refreshed Magicman
08-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Dude, try the new Diet Coke with Lime, you'll never look back. Trust me.. I'm hooked.

XLS_04
08-28-2004, 01:11 AM
who told you pepsi twist was being discontinued?

ramonazo
08-28-2004, 02:51 AM
Here in Mexico, Pepsi Twist has just launched, but I think that here they deleted Mountain Dew from their product portfolio.

While Coca-Cola, they deleted a lot of products, here's the list:
-Chispa (like Fanta, a multiple flavor soft drink)
-Quatro (citric juice)
-Mickey Aventuras juice and milk (the milk was made by Parmalat)
-Kin Light (low calories flavor concentrate in powder).

halloaaryn
08-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Pepsi told me Twist is canceled when I called them.

I tried Diet Crap w/ Lime and it was NASTY. No suprise, its from Coke.

Putting lemon in Pepsi doesnt have anywhere near the same taste so that wont work...

I am however glad to hear that Twist has just launched in Mexico. Thats only a 2.5 hour drive from here so I may have to make a trip. I did stock up a little yesterday though.
http://members.cox.net/kfasc/shrine.gif

Coke04
08-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Mmmkay. A picture of your twist. Time to get oooooover it....

Anyway, the only thing I care about that they cancelled was Pepsi Blue.

melloyelloluver
08-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Plenty of Twist still here in PA. But it is starting to dissapear. Personally I never liked lemon Pepsi or Coke.

XLS_04
08-29-2004, 03:31 AM
nice pic of ur collection. i will have to stock up too.

sodasommelier
08-29-2004, 12:23 PM
You're lucky too because you can go down there and get the Pepsi in the glass bottles with the cane sugar; much better than what's sold here. But you better be careful publishing the picture of your collection because the 'Pepsi Lawyers' may tell you to destroy it; same with the Twist if they disco it. They seem to have a disdain for anyone who actually is turned onto Pepsi for nostalgic reasons. I have a full bottle of Pepsi from Nepal (English on one side, Nepali on the other... super cool) and the bottle cap has the Pepsi red top and blue bottom with it written in Nepali in the middle. Funny that on the bottom it says "Bottle property of Swastik Aerated Waters Limited". I thought "that's kind of odd; the bottler is named for the Swastika" although of course the meaning over there is different from what we're used to. And then come the Pepsi lawyers and their stifling of peoples' nostalgic desire that they feel is too contrasting to their marketing of cans and plastic... brings a whole new meaning to what's written on that Pepsi bottle from Nepal.

Incidentally there's a soda site and shop right there near Phoenix that mentions how they don't sell Pepsi anymore following the threat of litigation... what is this world coming to?

Personally I think that companies like Pepsi could really do wonders for PR if they were to work with people to rekindle the enthusiasm for their brand; what better spokespeople are there than people who will pay more than double to get the brand in its original form... most companies would pray to ever have such loyal fans.

Why don't you try Bennett's Lemon Cola; it's made by an ice cream man... if you like it I'm pretty sure he'd make it just for you!!! You gotta support people like that!

glassbottlesrule
08-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Yeah it's a bitch the trouble I have to go through to get mexi coke and pepsi. It would be so much easier if they would bottle it in usa and charge extra for a premium product. I'm sure the market exists, but then people would know just how crappy their mainstream products are.

drpep
08-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Who did you call? Your local bottler or Pepsi headquarters in New York? Did your bottler cancel it or Pepsico?

halloaaryn
08-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Wait so Pepsi can sue for publishing a picture I took at my house? That is STUPID.

Pepsi is starting to get really shady.

Terry K
10-15-2004, 02:10 AM
Want Pepsi Twist? Come to Missouri and bring yer pallet jack, we have it and we have lots of it!

Shatter
10-15-2004, 09:16 PM
I took a trip to Louisiana, and I didn't see any on the trip there and back. And it's been gone from here for some time.

sodasommelier
10-16-2004, 01:49 AM
The current FUKOLA COLA boxes say "Make Peace, Not Cola Wars"... how about Pepsi just canceling Pepsi and making the world a better place???

Lord Turbine
10-16-2004, 04:07 AM
Dude, they cancelled regular, but not diet... I hate dieters!!! They need to make Non-Diet Coke with Lime! They probably sell it in Mexico, they sell everything in Mexico!

Aw, whatever, I'm going down to TJ tomorrow. If you want some bottles, e-mail me, 'cause I'm stocking up on both Pepsi Twist and Green Apple/Apple Splash Fanta (if I see any). If not, check Soda Favorites, BevNet, or Beverage Favorites, they probably have something. Or Google it, Google is how I found 24 packs of Electric Blue.

Lord Turbine
10-17-2004, 10:42 PM
UPDATE: Just got back from TJ, got some Pepsi Twist. Down in Mexico, they use lime, not lemon, so it has a tarter taste to it. Personally, I think it's better than American was, and I will be going down again to stock up.

BTW, sorry for double-posting

[ 10-17-2004, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Lord Turbine ]

Terry K
10-27-2004, 04:48 AM
We have BOTH regular and diet Pepsi Twist here in Missouri, in 12 pack real fridgemates, not going anywhere, so bring yer pallet jack, you will need it.

teamtitan512
10-27-2004, 09:37 PM
We've still got it here too, in good old 12 packs if they're what you want in Western MD. I think the Baltimore facility might have some in fake FridgeMates if ya want the short run stuff we've got. No real FridgeMates here except for Pepsi of Petersburg, WV which buys them from code NR-Nitro, WV.

yipching
10-31-2004, 08:34 PM
What Pepsi needs to do is make all these sodas we miss (Pepsi Blue, Josta) seasonal, like they've been doing with Mt. Dews and Holiday Spice. They would make a ton from hardcore fans of these, and then they'd clear the shelves of it and sell a bunch of whatever was next in line... Rather than expecting something not super popular to sell year round!!

Hacksaw
10-31-2004, 11:28 PM
I still see both Pepsi Twist & Diet Pepsi twsit around here.

XLS_04
11-11-2004, 04:36 AM
Mountain Dew Code Red is getting harder to find here, Does anybody know anything about this? Does not seem to be anywhere.

steveu
11-14-2004, 07:05 PM
I think there's just so much on the market ... There's like 12 different kinds of pepsi now.

Drink
11-17-2004, 12:35 AM
pepsi and Coca-Cola are different becsaue pepsi will just go do a product that may not sell good where Coca-Cola will only do one if there 99.9% sure it will do well.Also pepsi's products taste not as good.Mind you Coca-Cola is more smart like they came out with Cherry Coke 20 years before pepsi made there own copycat,plus Coca-Cola has Dr Pepper outside of north america.So I guss both brands are good

XLS_04
11-17-2004, 02:02 AM
You mention Pepsi released there version of cherry cola 20 after Coke did? cherry Coke came out in 1985, Wild Cherry Pepsi came out in 1986 or 1987 I forget.

Anyways I am finally finding Mountain Dew Code Red again, guess there was a shortage the past few weeks or as I said before they were trying to get rid of the rest of the Pitch Black.

[ 11-17-2004, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

Drink
11-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Sorry about that.But still pepsi did copy Coca-Cola

XLS_04
11-18-2004, 07:15 AM
I agree coke came out with a cherry cola and vanilla cola first before Pepsi.

dewdrinker
11-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Just checked around some local stores today. Couldn't find regular Pepsi Twist, only the diet stuff.

MERVERNATOR
01-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Pepsi may have come out with cherry cols second, but its also very different from cokes... coke tastes like a premade mix, where as pepsis is more like the flavor you get if you were to have ordered a cherry cola in the 50s and they mix it right there. coke didnt invent cherry cola... classic diners did.

as far as vanilla goes.. pepsi came right out and said, we let coke test this idea first so wed know weather or not to bother. and they continued to say that coke as used pepsi for that same type of test bed many times over... with faild junk like surge going after mountain dew, and a convienient blue fanta 2 weeks after Pepsi Blue had a false sense of high sales. Pepsi felt there was nothing wrong with copying them that time.

I think pepsis vanilla is better too cause again, it has a better classic flavor of a vanilla cola... cokes, while I like it.. seems to always leave this citrusy aftertaste. but thats just my opinion

this give and take is what its all about though. and these bigger companies always make the news for these "new ideas" when really, half the time they are both ripping off flavor ideas from smaller companies like goya and jarritos.

lildaddy
01-19-2005, 09:00 PM
XLS_04 Do you work for Pepsi in RI, then you should know that Pepsi is coming out with over a 100 new sku's for 05, and alot of things need to be cut. Some good and some that should not be at all. I swear they really dont think about what they do.

If you do work for Pepsi, what the hell is the deal with your 20oz product in my stores. The black market for 20oz is huge, you would think its crack or something

Pepsi one is being reformualted, Aquafina is launching a couple lines, Lipton Tea is expanding into 3 tiers. Alot of stuff is happening, but not all for the good.

ithastabeshasta
01-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Drink:
Mind you Coca-Cola is more smart like they came out with Cherry Coke 20 years before pepsi made there own copycat,plus Coca-Cola has Dr Pepper outside of north america.So I guss both brands are good Shasta had a Cherry Cola 20 years before Coca Cola did, so maybe Coca Cola is just a copy cat too!

XLS_04
01-20-2005, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by lildaddy:
XLS_04 Do you work for Pepsi in RIno I don't sorry

yipching
01-20-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by lildaddy:
Some good and some that should not be at all. I swear they really dont think about what they do.
Amen to that...

lildaddy
01-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Its amazing the lack of thought put behind what they cancel and keep.

XLS_04
01-21-2005, 04:05 AM
Pepsi Wild Cherry and diet Pepsi Wild Cherry is available here now. This is most likely the first time that the diet version of this was released here, I know it was a hard product to find a few years ago.