PDA

View Full Version : Diet= Zero?

AzRocks
08-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Does anyone think that Coke will eventually switch from Diet to Zero? There already is Sprite Zero, Vault Zero, Coke Zero and maybe other ones that I forgot about.

fusion
08-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Fanta Zero, available in the South, but slowly making its' way north.

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Eh, that's tough. What exactly do you mean?

If Diet Coke was called Coke Zero, what would Coke Zero be called?

It'll be tough for Coke to phase out the Diet Coke formula, if that's what you mean.

They've really played their brands a certain way that I'll be very surprised how it all turns out in the end.

AzRocks
08-07-2006, 10:49 PM
do u think that if coke zero eventually replaced diet coke there would be a repeat of 'New Coke'?

Mr Zabe
08-08-2006, 05:07 AM
The Diet Coke loyal addicts (LOL) would most likely freak out if any name or formula changes were to take place. Diet Coke has been and will for ever be as sacred as Coke (Classic Coke).

Coke Zero is still a young brand that has a bright future. IMO, Coke Zero has the potential to be a major player in the no carb/diet cola catagory.

It's too early to throw out the bath water.LOL

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by AzRocks:
do u think that if coke zero eventually replaced diet coke there would be a repeat of 'New Coke'? Yes, exactly.

Acheron
08-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Even if Coke decides to 'Zero-ify' all their diets, I'm certain that Diet Coke isn't going anywhere. After all, they still manufacture Tab.

mjb1124
08-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Diet Coke will probably still be called Diet Coke as long as it's around. I suppose the flavored colas may eventually switch over to Zero.

Other than that, I think the only Coke brand's still using "Diet" are Barq's (which is getting a new look soon, so that might change) and Mello Yello (which is being phased out, and the diet version isn't widely available). So yeah, Zero is effectively replacing Diet in the Coke portfolio.

AzRocks
08-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by mikibacsi1124:
Diet Coke will probably still be called Diet Coke as long as it's around. I suppose the flavored colas may eventually switch over to Zero.

Other than that, I think the only Coke brand's still using "Diet" are Barq's (which is getting a new look soon, so that might change) and Mello Yello (which is being phased out, and the diet version isn't widely available). So yeah, Zero is effectively replacing Diet in the Coke portfolio. Also, Diet Nestea

Ram0n C0keah0lic
08-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by AzRocks:
There already is Sprite Zero, Vault Zero, Coke Zero and maybe other ones that I forgot about. Pibb Zero also...

Rob The SURGE Drinker
08-08-2006, 04:47 PM
it seems that all their new sodas that they ccome out with will be called zero, but all existing diets will be called diet... just my 2cents

billygtexas
08-09-2006, 03:44 AM
I predict in 4-to-10 years Coke Zero will equal or overtake Diet Coke in sales if Coke keeps it on store shelves, in vending machines and continues promoting it heavily. That happened to Tab when Diet Coke was introduced in the early 80's - Coke slowly easied off the promotion and production for Tab and let Diet Coke take over sales. I think thats Coke's future game plan for Coke Zero. To me Zero's next in line to become king of the Diet Sodas.

The Zero name is a good idea. Theres plenty of self-conscious teenagers and young adults (especally males) who dont want to be seen buying and drinking a product with "Diet" on the label. After all these years diet sodas still have a stigma for being a unmasculine product just for females and "fatties".

[ 08-09-2006, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

popologist
08-09-2006, 01:29 PM
"diet coke" is an icon... and isn't going away anytime soon. to do so would be the biggest marketing mistake since... "new coke." and, so, the coca-cola company doesn't dare.

however, the other diet brands in coke's portfolio (sprite, fanta, pibb) are not so "untouchable" and, so, to appeal to a wider audience, coke is "zero-ing" them.