PDA

View Full Version : Diet Coke with Splenda - New Label Design?

Cokeologist
08-09-2006, 10:09 AM
I heard that there was a new label design for Diet Coke with Splenda, but I can't find this product anywhere in my area - can anyone confirm?

fusion
08-09-2006, 10:34 AM
The new fridgepack design is somewhat different, the yellow seems brighter than before.

They are also using the mycokerewards.com promo boxes and labels on 20oz (where available).

iowacity
08-09-2006, 06:15 PM
God, I forgot about that stuff!

popologist
08-10-2006, 01:18 PM
they need to get rid of the gray/silver on the package--it looks awful with the yellow.

or, they need to get rid of the yellow, and just make it silver and blue.

either way, the stuff still tastes like lemon dish water. bleh!

CStoreCatMan
08-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah its not breaking any sales records here...

popologist
08-11-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
Yeah its not breaking any sales records here... i think it suffers from the same ailment as most new coke products: poor introduction.

and that's not to mention its less-than-impressive taste.

but, like we've discusses in other articles, coke had no plans to introduce a splenda version of diet coke, but Walmart insisted that they wanted a diet coke-branded splenda drink on their shelves, so coke submitted.

this probably explains why it was such a half-hearted effort by coke. Walmart is NOT a soda company.

i think coke would've been better served to make TaB its splenda drink. then they'd have diet coke, coke zero and TaB (with splenda)... all distinctly different.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
08-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Where I can see the new label?

Cokeologist
08-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Cokeologist:
I heard that there was a new label design for Diet Coke with Splenda, but I can't find this product anywhere in my area - can anyone confirm? Found the new design in fridgepacks; here is a comparison of the original can design (left) and the new can design (right). Just some subtle changes.
http://www.66mustang.net/images/dcsplenda.gif

Ram0n C0keah0lic
08-19-2006, 03:23 PM
The new can looks good! Thanks for the pic cokeologist! :D

popologist
08-19-2006, 08:24 PM
they inverted the blue and yellow.

what was yellow is now blue, and vice versa. and, i agree, it looks better.

now... when are they gonna fix the taste...? ;)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
08-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Oh c'mon... the taste is good...

DJ HawaiianShirt
08-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Yeah Ramon, the taste is fine...

But the product was not introduced to the public. Most people I talk to have no clue of what the (taste) difference is between Diet Coke, Diet Coke w/ Splenda, and Coke Zero.

It almost seems like Coke issued DCwS to combat Pepsi One, since it's also made with Splenda while Coke Zero is not. It's like Coke needed to be able to make the political statement, "Of course we have a Splenda product on the market."

popologist
08-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:
Yeah Ramon, the taste is fine...

But the product was not introduced to the public. Most people I talk to have no clue of what the (taste) difference is between Diet Coke, Diet Coke w/ Splenda, and Coke Zero.

It almost seems like Coke issued DCwS to combat Pepsi One, since it's also made with Splenda while Coke Zero is not. It's like Coke needed to be able to make the political statement, "Of course we have a Splenda product on the market." supposedly, wal-mart is the one who INSISTED that coke put out a splenda-sweetened version of diet coke. they weren't confident that coke zero would be a success. coke bowed to wal-mart's demands, and, i think, that decision has hurt DCwS and coke zero's success in the US.

in the other countries zero was introduced (and DCwS was not), it's been a runaway success (it's already passed diet coke in australia!). but, in the US, zero's success has been more modest. i think it's because the public is confused. i think most of them think that it's caffeine-free diet coke, or caffeine-free coke, or something like that.

[ 08-20-2006, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]

popologist
08-20-2006, 12:23 PM
and here's another question... what happens to DCwS when a "generic" version is available? what will the name be then... Diet Coke with sucralose?

Mr Zabe
08-20-2006, 12:28 PM
It kind makes one wonder about how in touch the Walmart beverage buyers are with their customers.
It seems hard to believe how a mega company would not want to be first on the band wagon with a great new product. I say Walmart dropped the ball big time.

IMO....Walmart would have made good profit with Coke Zero and Coca Cola would of had a very successful new product launch. Oh well...hell's bells. :(

Zabe's Golden Rule: Don't let a mega company like Walmart control your destiny/product sucessfulness.

[ 08-20-2006, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

popologist
08-20-2006, 01:25 PM
well, i understand wal-mart's logic. apparently, they were selling lots and lots of splenda and splenda-sweetened products, so they figured a splenda-version of diet coke would be a huge hit as well.

apparently not. but i still blame it on the taste. DCwS just doesn't taste that good. it even makes me a little nauseous. the last time i bought a bottle, i couldn't finish it, and had to throw it out.

coke zero is the superior product, but... people still don't know what it is yet. hopefully, coke can turn that around.

Doug
08-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Coke Zero is by far better than DC w/ Splenda, and any time I drink/eat something with Splenda, I get heartburn...I can't stand the stuff

PepsiBlue
08-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Less bubbles on the can (not the ribbon bubbles, but the ones that look as if the can is wetm, like right above the k)
thats a good thing!

popologist
08-21-2006, 05:24 PM
personally, i think coke's cans are a little to "busy" looking. all those swirls and bubbles. bleh. just give me good-tasting soda.

SplitLevelP
08-21-2006, 08:43 PM
The change of look is a welcome addition to this line any way to put over a product these days is welcome the lack of real push of the product line ext. are a kind of mistake that will be examined in years to come and will be considered when figuring out why so many products from 02 to 06 have been meet with little to no major progress at the sales counter.As for all the lemon dish water taste.It was once said new coke was devoloped "while perfecting diet coke" and with splenda tasting more like sugar that has always been my take that it is the closest taste to new coke in the market.