PDA

View Full Version : Coke Consolidated



melloyelloluver
09-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Just got a question. What territories does Coke Consolidated have? I know it's most of the southeast, but does anybody know exactly?

fusion
09-04-2004, 11:23 PM
http://www.cokeconsolidated.com/images/Ccbccmap1.gif

SamC
09-05-2004, 10:19 AM
Who has the slice of central North Carolina. Does that include Greensboro?

sodasommelier
09-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Man, that looks like the Doppler Radar map of the hurricane!!

Hey since I noticed you seem to be into Mello Yello... do you know in which areas it's still available and in which packages? Thanks..

Cheer-wined
09-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by SamC:
Who has the slice of central North Carolina. Does that include Greensboro? DO a search under general discussion for the "CCE Plant Codes" topic. I put a post in there explaining the Carolinas part of the map.

melloyelloluver
09-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Sodadommelier, go anywhere in the Consolidated zone and you will find every kind of Mello Yello packaging. Consolidated puts Mello Yello everywhere. Mello Yello can also be found in large amounts in Georgia, Alabama, and eastern Tennessee.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Cheer-wined:
DO a search under general discussion for the "CCE Plant Codes" topic. I put a post in there explaining the Carolinas part of the map. [/QB][/QUOTE]


i started that topic. i just want everyone to know

sodasommelier
09-05-2004, 09:45 PM
Thanks melloyelloluver!

davecfprez
09-06-2004, 06:14 PM
ummmm what is "Coke Consolidated?" is it a drink or more like a route?

stinkfinger
09-06-2004, 09:45 PM
It is a new drink from Coke. The bottlers consolidate all the left overs and spillage from the bottling runs and package into a bottle. Kind of nasty tasting but there are fans.

PhillySteve
09-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Coke Consolidated is Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated. They're the second largest Coca-Cola bottler in the US. The map above is their territory.

fusion
09-06-2004, 11:48 PM
The rest of North Carolina is indies, except on the coast, which is CCE Mid-Atlantic's Elizabeth City sales center territory.

Mello Yello seems to be readily available in the area I live in, I can't really speak for the rest of the country. I do know that Philadelphia Coke doesn't have it, though. CCE Mid-Atlantic and Eastern Great Lakes have it in cans and 20oz, I believe Central Coke also has it in 2L? ABARTA coke doesn't have it, and the Consolidated territories that I can reach within a few hours of where I live have it in cans, 20oz, 1/2 liter 6pk, and 2L. I used to be able to find Cherry and Melon in those areas as well -- but no more.

fusion
09-06-2004, 11:51 PM
I also had no trouble finding it throughout North and South Carolina, Georgia, and Ohio on a road trip last year. Cherry was even spotted in the greater Cincinnati area.

teamtitan512
09-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Central only has it in 20 oz. and Fridge Packs. There's less of it everyday it seems around here. There's tons of Valencia anymore up here in the mountains.

fusion
09-07-2004, 01:49 AM
I wonder why Central isn't pushing Valencia Light or Grape Medley?

MM Valencia is definately a better soda than Fanta Orange. It seems to be more of a fridgepack brand for us. 2L sell slower than cans, around here.

melloyelloluver
09-07-2004, 09:00 PM
What bottlers have the Ohio area? They seem to be pushing Mello Yello hard. I undestand they put MY in a lot of fountains over there. Mello Yello is dead here in Central PA though. We only have it in 20oz, cans, and a few fountains.

Coke04
09-07-2004, 09:25 PM
No, I live in Ohio (Cleveland suburb) and I only know of two fountains with MY. It's available widely in 12 packs, but only the original.

It's getting harder and harder to find MM Orange and Grape around here, and this week Fanta Orange and Grape started showing up. We've never had Fanta before, except for a couple months in the summer of 01. I think MM is being phased out.

[ 09-07-2004, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Coke04 ]

fusion
09-09-2004, 01:12 AM
You're in ABARTA (Cleveland Coke) territory, then? Or CCE territory? ABARTA seem to be much tighter with their flavor line, where CCE Eastern Great Lakes runs practically everything. Twinsburg produces every package, and even has a Dasani line. I've never been there, but the place has to be huge. It supplies pretty much all of CCE's territory in eastern OH, western and central PA, and parts of other states. They also fill in when other divisions need stuff.

MISTICman
09-09-2004, 02:22 AM
What counties or cities are included in that white area of the map in the middle of NC? Is that the Alamance Co./Burlington area? It's kinda close to it and I know they have Dr. Pepper, but in Greensboro (about 20 miles away), Pepsi has Dr. Pepper.

Coke04
09-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
You're in ABARTA (Cleveland Coke) territory, then? Or CCE territory? ABARTA seem to be much tighter with their flavor line, where CCE Eastern Great Lakes runs practically everything. Twinsburg produces every package, and even has a Dasani line. I've never been there, but the place has to be huge. It supplies pretty much all of CCE's territory in eastern OH, western and central PA, and parts of other states. They also fill in when other divisions need stuff. Oh my gosh, I have no idea what territory I'm in. I'm 25 minutes east of Cleveland.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-09-2004, 07:11 PM
abarta

fusion
09-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by MISTICman:
What counties or cities are included in that white area of the map in the middle of NC? Is that the Alamance Co./Burlington area? It's kinda close to it and I know they have Dr. Pepper, but in Greensboro (about 20 miles away), Pepsi has Dr. Pepper. There is another thread on this subject, but I can't seem to find it.

The middle is Durham Coke, Sanford Coke, and Aberdeen Coke. All three of them have Pepper rights. I'm not sure what the actual county breakdown is on their territory. Cheer-wined would know.

fusion
09-10-2004, 12:50 AM
I found the post.

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001586;p=3