PDA

View Full Version : Mello Yello Flavors

Tons O' Fun
01-13-2006, 07:51 PM
According to the Virtual Vendor at www.coke.com, (http://www.coke.com,) the flavors include cherry, citrus lemon, citrus punch, and watermelon. Also on the site they give pictures of the cherry and melon. here they are.
http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/img/imagebrands/downloads/lg_melloyello_cherry.jpg
http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/img/imagebrands/downloads/lg_melloyello_melon.jpg

Tons O' Fun
01-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Have any of you seen theese or heard of the Cherry Flavored one?

fusion
01-13-2006, 07:52 PM
aww, why did you have to post those? I miss those flavors! They were discontinued a few years ago.

Melon was a cult favorite, and in my book, Cherry was much better than Code Red.

Tons O' Fun
01-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Then how come on coke.com they say they are still available in the US?

fusion
01-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Maybe because the website hasn't been updated?

dietcoke.com still has Diet Vanilla and Diet Coke w/Lemon on there.

And like someone else has said, the USA brands list on coke.com also still mentions Diet Sprite, which has long since been replaced with Diet Sprite Zero. And Swerve, which is also gone.

http://www.virtualvender.coca-cola.com/vm/Vending.jsp

That's a link to the Virtual Vendor. It also has Citra (long since renamed Fanta Citrus), Diet Mr. Pibb (which has been replaced with Pibb Zero), and Surge (replaced with Vault).

Robot
01-14-2006, 03:23 AM
i think i still have cans of mello yello cherry

and i have multiple 20 oz bottles of Mello Yello Afterglow, which I dont see listed there, but I think it never really got out of test..

Tons O' Fun
01-14-2006, 12:11 PM
How come Vanilla Coke was canceld but they have a new logo with it? It is at my local safeway and it is like the new cherry coke logo but it says vanilla. i try to get pic of it on here later.

fusion
01-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Afterglow was very underwhelming. I was disappointed.

I don't know why cherry didn't succeed, though. The stuff was EVERYWHERE! That's the year I went on my roadtrip to Florida, and I went through NC, SC, GA, AL, and FL, and Consolidated (and I believe United) were really pushing the stuff. 20oz, fridge, 8oz and 12oz 6pk cans, and 2L.

I could see melon failing.. it's just not a popular soda flavor.

steveu
01-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:
i think i still have cans of mello yello cherry

and i have multiple 20 oz bottles of Mello Yello Afterglow, which I dont see listed there, but I think it never really got out of test.. I bought Afterglow several times in 2003 in Alabama, Tennessee, and North Carolina. It was possibly my favorite-tasting soda of all-time, but then they discontinued it ... WAH!

jmur
01-16-2006, 06:32 PM
i have never seen any other mello yello flavor other than the original :(

[ 01-16-2006, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: jmur ]

ramonazo
01-16-2006, 06:45 PM
I tried Mello Yello, reminded me the taste of the mexican Beat!

Mello Yello Luver
01-17-2006, 04:17 AM
Mello Yello Melon Was The Bomb! I miss it

iluvsurge220
01-18-2006, 03:19 PM
My least favorite of the four Ive heard of (Citrus, Cherry, Melon, and Afterglow) was melon. Im just not a melon kind of guy. Citrus (original) is next to least favorite, but favorite now because the others are gone. Cherry was second favorite, I would by 12 packs all the time when they were about to discontinue it. I could get them for 1.99 a piece at Kroger, yummm I loved cherry. And afterglow was the most amazing thing besides surge I have ever tasted in my life!!! What was it peach flavored?? OMG that stuff was great, and its smell was so charming!!! I got like 2 or 3 20 oz.'s while in Tennessee and then went back home to Kentucky and waited for 2 years and it never came there. I was so SAD!!!! :(

iluvsurge220
01-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Also I have never heard of or seen the watermelon flavor or the citrus punch flavor??? What are those and when were they made??

fusion
01-18-2006, 04:15 PM
citrus punch = afterglow
watermelon = melon

mjb1124
01-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Ah, I was wondering about the citrus punch.

Also, someone mentioned new Vanilla Coke graphics. I know Coke said that they were "phasing out" Vanilla Coke, not dropping it altogether. And in the past, Coke products have usually disappeared gradually, not suddenly like Pepsi products usually do. Often, Coke products that were once national become regional products. So I'd guess that's what's happening with Vanilla Coke now - it's no longer being pushed, but bottlers will still be able to sell it if they want to.

iluvsurge220
01-19-2006, 11:23 PM
So was it called citrus punch in some places and afterglow in others or what. I dont understand.

fusion
01-20-2006, 05:28 AM
No. That's just what they used to describe the flavor. It was called Afterglow everywhere it was sold.

Hopefully if Vault does well, we'll see some line extenstions.

iluvsurge220
01-25-2006, 07:28 PM
That would be awesome!!!!

ramonazo
01-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Tons O' Fun:
How come Vanilla Coke was canceld but they have a new logo with it? It is at my local safeway and it is like the new cherry coke logo but it says vanilla. i try to get pic of it on here later. TO'F, the logo was like this one?

http://www.cocacola.com.co/vainilla/images/afiche%20curioso.jpg Demn, how I miss it! :(

Tons O' Fun
01-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Yes it was very similar. It was in 12packs though.

Robot
01-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Afterglow was much better than any of the mello yello flavors.. IMO

I enjoy mello yello, the cherry and the melon variants...

but afterglow was an amazing product, and would be an amazing extension of vault... its peach flavor and other flavors, were just amazing.

i gotta find those 20oz bottles I know I had been saving, try to throw one up on ebay or something