PDA

View Full Version : Wal*Mart now has Vanilla Cola

Terry K
05-28-2003, 04:43 AM
Wal*Mart has launched the first store brand vanilla coke knock off that we at the *salute* know about.

The product is Vanilla Sam's Choice Cola and isn't overly bad.

This has to be one of the quickest knockoff launches I've ever seen.

The surreal part is wal*mart is doing it LONG before Pepsi gets their knockoff on the market.

They've also launched Red Lightning, which is their take on Red Dew...and if you ask me its a close second to Red Dew. (It does beat some of the really poor Pepsi bottlers, and I like it!)

fusion
05-28-2003, 04:19 PM
Funny, I was going to post about this the other day, and I had forgotten to.

Cott had already produced a VC knockoff for another company before they produced the Sam's Choice.

Acme (Albertson's) recently relaunched their private label soda line, and they've gone with the recent trend of creating brand names for their sodas.. Like Duo for the lemon-lime, Dr Bold for the pepper, and Max for the cola. They launched the whole portfolio about 3 weeks ago, and in two liter form only is a Vanilla Max Cola.

I haven't had either of them, so I can't comment on the taste.

Cott also produces a diet Max cola with lemon for Acme.

sundrop
05-28-2003, 04:31 PM
winn dixie also has their own version of vanilla called vanilla chek
they also have a version of code red called red alert

teamtitan512
05-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Giant Eagle has recently revamped their soda line and added a Vanilla Cola as well.

teamtitan512
05-28-2003, 04:36 PM
When I saw Red Lightning here last week for the first time, I thought it was something more like a Big Red knockoff.

Boris
05-28-2003, 05:33 PM
I have seen these knock offs just for mountain dew...

Mountain W, Sunshine Mist, Mountain Mist, Mountain Best, Sun Drop, Citrus Mountain, Mountain Lightning, Jolt Citrus Climax, Mountain Breeze, Sierra Mist, Tops Mountain, Citrus Mist, Yellow Lightning, Citrus Dew, Mellow Yellow and Hee Haw.

and My friends and I came up with some others...Like...
Mountain Yella, Mt. Dewey, Splash Mountain, Saddle Mount'n, Fountain Dew, Hillbilly Yella, 4X4, K2, Mosquito Repellent, Mount Rushmore, Anti-freeze, and Dueling Banjo

datruth
05-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Sundrop is as old as Mnt Dew.

teamtitan512
05-28-2003, 11:02 PM
Sierra Mist isn't a Dew knock-off. In fact, it's one of the drinks marketed along w/it.

7Up knockoff? Sprite knockoff? Sierra Mist definitely is that.....and worse.

teamtitan512
05-29-2003, 06:38 PM
Sam's Vanilla Cola now in MD as of 5-29-03 3:30 PM at LaVale Wal-Mart.

SURGE
06-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks for not including SURGE in your list Boris as so many people forget SURGE tastes nothing like Dew.