PDA

View Full Version : New Wink flavours

flyunns
05-29-2003, 11:19 AM
How many flavours of Wink are there? What is a good website for Wink?

teamtitan512
05-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Is Wink still available in the US? Food Lion here used to sell it in 1 Liter bottles all the time, but in the past month or so, it's vanished, and the space has become filled up w/more Squirt.

T.I.A.
05-29-2003, 09:56 PM
Wink is widely available in the Central VA area. It is widely touted as a "replacement" for bitter lemon, which is simply unavailable around here, and which is simply a false claim.

I am only aware of the one Wink flavor.

Boris
05-29-2003, 10:54 PM
Yes, I used to live here in Virginia for about 12 years of my life then I moved to Canadia... And for about the last year I have been back here. My polish neighbor is good friends with my mom and she mixes her wink with good old vodka...I like my vodka either straight or with a little leninade...

I havnt seen any new wink flavours...At Ukrops (small grocery chain that used to be owned by a eatern european,TIA maybe knows what I am talking about) the beverage aisle is something that is rare to receive new items...Like I like less than 5 miles from where they make The Switch. and they have had orange mango out for about 6 months now and it wasnt until tonight that I saw the first on the shelf...

Tim Kelly
05-30-2003, 12:35 PM
The only time I've ever seen Wink was last September in Bethesda, MD. Tried it, but didn't like it. :(

teamtitan512
05-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Bitter Lemon as in Canada Dry Bitter Lemon? That stuff has been appearing here recently, and started to appear when Wink left, so did we lose Wink?

karks88
05-30-2003, 03:45 PM
We have 1 liters of Wink in Central PA, only one flavor that I know of.

RunWithDaLilGuy
05-30-2003, 09:15 PM
who's making the wink, dpsu or coke?

T.I.A.
05-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Yes, Bitter Lemon as in Canada Dry... or Schweppes... it's an old flavor that I'm sure 100 different companies make. I've also had Riggs & Forsythe BL, good, but not a mixer. I too am a fan of Bitter Lemon and Vodka.

I am familiar with Ukrop's, but there are none in the Charlottesville area. The major grocery stores here are Kroger, Giant, Food Lion, Harris Teeter and Whole Foods. There are some IGA's scattered around and a few independent grocery stores. Most of the stores have fairly lackluster beverage selections. Spoke to a Snapple rep a while back that confirmed what I had feared: central VA is pretty much the last place to get anything. But, next fall I'll be moving to Memphis or Providence, so maybe the drink scene will be better. Anybody know for sure?