PDA

View Full Version : Slammers

jmur
01-16-2006, 07:31 PM
ok, i went to a local pizza place, and i was looking in the soda cooler, and i notice something different on the bottom shelf. they are called Slammers. I saw 3 different flavors: Starburst Fruit & Creme: Orange Smoothie, Milky Way Chocolate Milk, 3 Musketeer Chocolate Milk. I bought the Starburst & the Milkyway. The Starburst was ok. I was a little sick, so i probably didnt get the full effect of its flavor. The Milky Way Chocolate Milk was actually, well good!, lol. Like it says on the label, it actually tastes similar to the candy bar. I plan on going back to try out the 3 musketeer one. Has anyone heard of or seen these? Has this information already been posted? Ill get pics up eventually, when im not so lazy smile.gif

jstylzz
01-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey, jmur, I saw these at my local Target store. I only tried the Milky Way drink, and it was pretty good, and EXTREMELY rich. It was like drinking a liquid version of the candy bar, for sure.

DMC
01-16-2006, 09:52 PM
yeah, look at the calorie/fat content. they're distributed by coca-cola, but our area is not going to carry them, simply because of the nutrition values. we don't feel it will sell well in our market at all.

jstylzz
01-16-2006, 09:58 PM
http://www.bevnet.com/news/2005/08-22-2005-Bravo.asp

Link to a picture of slammer. Come to think of it, I HAVE seen these in the local 7-11 as well.

BATBL18
01-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Eh, just chocolate milk, with some more flavor. The Milky Way with more of a caramel taste, and the 3 Musketeers with more of a chocolate taste. Not too great, just using the name and brand recognition of known candy bars to try to sell a mediorcre product.