PDA

View Full Version : New Labels, What Do You Think?

Boris
05-29-2003, 07:25 PM
I got off my ass and got my comrade to get off his ass(God I love american capitalism) and make me some labels and logos. Well He has hence pumped out one new label...

Paul's Pineapple Soda
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2808067.jpg

And another iffy logo for my company.
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/2808066.jpg

Colin (The guy who came up with Tea Time)and I were talking the other day and we have decided to add one maybe two new flavours to the tea time line, nothing is official, I still have to find some recipes...Original Tea Time is just regular Sweet Tea that I brew myself then I carbonate it, (low-medium Carbonation) We are thinking of some exotic teas or something, But it is just a idea at the moment. Tea Time is my best selling beverage so far. I have to make the labels with a piece of paper taped on the bottle that says (handwritten) Tea Time... I really have to get a label for TT soon...

Any comments or suggestions?
Contact at Comradeboris2000@yahoo.com

Boris
05-30-2003, 09:28 PM
No one cares....

T.I.A.
05-30-2003, 09:46 PM
OK, I'll care, if it makes you feel better ;)

The Pineapple soda label is alright. I like the way the flagpole forms part of all of the words, but the label lacks something. Maybe it's the color combination, maybe it's the fact that it's not plastered onto a bottle.

I like the company logo, but I think a lot of people will not. As I was a mere seven years old when the wall came down and as I am partially Russian, I have no problems with it, but those who had more of a connection to the Cold War may find the hammer and sickle a little threatening.

Boris
05-31-2003, 06:13 PM
Yeah, Thats why I said it is iffy...Thanks for your feedback...

Romario
06-01-2003, 04:54 PM
I'm a professional graphic designer with experience in product/packaging design - marketing, branding, and the likes..

Too bad you were rude earlier smile.gif

Boris
06-01-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Romario:
I'm a professional graphic designer with experience in product/packaging design - marketing, branding, and the likes..

Too bad you were rude earlier smile.gif I dont need you I said I have my comrade, Plus, you would probably charge me. Whereas I get his service for free and some free soda which he helps me make anyway.

Romario
06-02-2003, 12:01 AM
I'm responding because either some people may not have a background in this area.. not sure, maybe some do. Thats just something I can bring to the boards.

For your labels think about the following.
1. The Customer experience.
The first thing your customer is going to to is see the label & bottle. This is the beginning of the branding process. It must first attract enough attention to be picked up. Next how does it feel when it's in the customer's hands? Unique bottles are popping up for a reason, and why? Next when it's opened (snapple).

Every little step must be thought about and careful detail equally to each. The logo should represent whats inside. The flavour, the experience, something. Your labels tell me nothing about the product.. or interest me.

Typography is big too smile.gif
Also try to create a consistant brand process with your product.. repeat important elements, primary and secondary graphics. Your logo can be a primary graphic while some other secondary.
Some examples of a secondary graphic could be also a style. (using vector art) (style of photography) a secondary icon, etc.

I'm really impressed how meijer has recently reinvented themselves with product / packaging design.

Anyways, good luck smile.gif

karks88
06-02-2003, 12:53 PM
I've been a designer for 7 years (albeit mostly on the web) so I'll put my 2 cents in...

The pineapple label is creative but I would reconsider it because of two things: The colors really don't say "pineapple soda" to me and the text is a little hard to read. I know it's kind of cliche but I think a more "tropical" color scheme and maybe even throwing in some sort of pineapple imagery (even if it's only like a watermark in the background) on the label would help. The fonts should also convey something a little more tropical as well.

As for your logo, I really like it! It has a very hip feel to it and in a way reminds me of some lost Rage Against The Machine t-shirt. About the only thing I'd consider changing on it is maybe make "Boris Brew Co." a different color, perhaps a yellow? There was yellow on that old Soviet flag, right? The Soviet stuff is pretty cool, I think it's an attention grabber and there's nothing wrong with that.

These are just my opinions, they aren't more valid just because I've worked in graphics for awhile. I never had formal training, just learned from others on-the-job. But one I thing I learned early on was to make things bold, easy to read and, most importantly, make sure consumers know exactly what it is you're selling.

One of my biggest pet peeves are commercials that don't clue you in as to what their product or service is. I'm not going to buy from you if you can't even give me an idea of what your company does in a 30 second commercial. Same thing goes for a label, if I can't tell what it is right away I probably won't drink it. Remember, consumers have a short attention span so you have to grab them quickly!