PDA

View Full Version : Milk Based Carbonated Beverages are here

sparklingmilk
05-30-2003, 07:49 AM
The Milk Wars have begun. As you may already know Coca-Cola has announced their launch of the Yoo-Hoo copy called "Swerve" in July. Coca-Cola was forced to do this because Cadbury Schweppes is launching their "Raging Cow" Milk drinks in July. In addition, Bravo Foods is launching their Looney Tunes Milk drinks also in July throughout the vending system of VSA/Vistar. I am quite suprised that Pepsi is sitting on the fence. Once they realize sales are being lost in vending they will wake up.
What I find remarkable though is the fact that these beverage conglomerates are launching flavored RTD milk drinks even though milk consumption continues to decline each year. The campaigns such as Got Milk? and The Milk Mustache have done nothing to increase milk sales. The simple fact is this:
Kids like carbonation! The answer is, "Crazy Cow Soda", our award winning drink is the only 2 year shelf stable milk based "carbonated" drink in North America. All interested parties please review our website at: www.crazycowmilk.com. (http://www.crazycowmilk.com.)
We are offering stock to our friends through a Private Placement. The PPM can be read on our website link. We are also seeking distributors.
Thanks for Reading.
Jeff Kaplan, Pres
The Sparkling Milk Company
(954) 205-6787

Boris
06-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Yuck.

Nostalgia
07-05-2003, 04:46 PM
I have tried raging cow, it isn't carbonated. Just regular flavored milk.

fusion
07-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Not to mention that Coke has had Choglit and Slap in regional testing for quite a while now. They're taking what they learned from this, and creating Swerve. Swerve is more like Slap than Choglit, which in my opinion, tastes like chocolate cardboard.

Nostalgia
07-08-2003, 11:23 AM
if the idea of a creamy white fluid which is squeezed through the udder of a cow, pastuerized and then flavored with an artificial substance appeals to you, then I would reccomend trying either the Yoohoo or Hershey milks. Just avoid the Hershey milk shakes.

bigyoda
07-08-2003, 12:01 PM
mmmmmm, Vanilla Milk.....

T.I.A.
07-09-2003, 12:10 AM
Shenville Creamery in Timberville, VA, available in the Charlottesville area (and I'm sure elsewhere) has the best Vanilla Milk I've ever had. They have other flavors as well, mocha, banana, strawberry, and of course, chocolate, as well as you standard milk products (2%, 1%, etc.)

All Krogers and the Harris Teeter in Charlottesville carry Shenville. I'm sure it's all over central VA. Unfortunately they don't have vanilla milk in the stores anymore :(

Comes in old fashioned glass too!

Nostalgia
07-11-2003, 01:17 AM
why are these milk based beverages so hard to find, do they only sell them in public schools? I am really determined to try these new flavored milk beverages at least once before they get disontinued so where can I find them? Out of all of them I have searched for(raging cow, emoo, white soda and swerve) I have only come across raging cow which wasn't even all that great(although it was better than I expected).

Travel'n Jones
07-14-2003, 08:31 PM
My Dr. Pepper and Cream is vindicated!! Well maybe not.

But I would like to try out swerve. See how they deal with the problem of Acid and Base. I float the cream in the soda. Otherwise you get a nasty foam.

fusion
07-15-2003, 11:09 AM
I don't know the exact date, but Swerve is coming soon. I think August/September. Choglit has bit the dust, we ran out of it a few weeks ago and haven't gotten any more in.

bigrich
07-15-2003, 10:31 PM
I was visiting the Quad Cities this last weekend and noticed Swerve. Coke had machines completely marked and full of Swerve at the mall. I think it will bomb big time. I would not buy it. There they go again, do not introduce the Mellos nationwide, get rid of Surge and Citra, and half ass Fanta, and they expect this to be a hit?

fusion
08-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Swerve is coming later this month. According to Coke, it's going to be introduced exclusively in schools.

http://www.swervedrinks.com/swerve.images/swerve.jpg