PDA

View Full Version : Tried 7up Plus...

mickstafa
09-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Ok, I usually love these new creative flavors from Coke, Pepsi, et al. I should have been warned from the "3 Carbs," "Vitamins," pink can, etc. This was about the worst first sip of a soda I've ever had. Ranks up there with Cel-Ray and Clear Tab. Although I felt Cel-Ray was interesting (celery soda?!) and Clear Tab was just plain weird, this pink crap from 7up is awful. Again, I guess this is coming from a non-diet drinker...

Oh, and you know those commercials that say Splenda tastes like sugar? Uh, no.

Robot
09-09-2004, 02:26 PM
hmm, i have seen a good amount of negative reviews of this product, but also ALOT of people saying its great..

i wonder if that amount of people saying its great will be enough to keep it around, i sure hope so.

i wonder if that mid calorie dr. pepper they were working on was going to be dr. pepper plus...

smitty
09-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Personally, I'd like to see 7up market in
the U.S. the same new product it introduced
in Canada a few months back.

It's 7up with a grapefruit kicker, and it's
got a refreshing taste.

JMHX316
09-09-2004, 04:33 PM
I loved it, tasted a lot like Berry Clear Sprite to me, which I also loved... Easily one of the best diet drinks I've ever tasted.

mickstafa
09-09-2004, 06:43 PM
I think my little review is biased. I've never enjoyed a sip of any diet drink. So that probably explains it. smile.gif

I guess with all the extra stuff packed in the drink (juice, vitamins, splenda) I thought it wouldn't taste all diet-y. blecch

Robot
09-09-2004, 06:50 PM
i think it tastes not like a diet soda, but not like a regular soda either, if you are being picky..

it is definately in the middle territory there, which is good considering it only has 3G of carbs.. i'll take middle territory with 3g any day...

TiffyTreat
09-10-2004, 12:35 AM
I loved it in a cold 20 oz bottle, but I bought a 12 pack and I do not like it as much in cans. I can taste all the vitamins and it tastes like crushed up c tablets in the canned form of the drink. However, I still like it a lot! I will probably drink it in the 20 oz from now on.

Shatter
09-10-2004, 04:06 AM
I definitely think it tastes like a diet soda. The Splenda gives it a plastic taste that doesn't seem natural. And i'm a little disappointed that it doesn't have more vitamins in it.

cph
09-10-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm drinking one now, interesting berry flavor, but the bitter aftertaste is noticeable....

oh well, something else to drink when you're avoiding sugar...

mjb1124
09-11-2004, 02:34 PM
I don't really like it. It has a weird taste, but I don't think it's because of the Splenda or the vitamins, but because of the apple juice. I can really taste it and it clashes with the other flavors.

fusion
09-11-2004, 11:10 PM
That's the flavor that stands out the most for me, too. And I don't really like it.

Don't get me wrong, I do like sodas like Sidral Mundet and Fanta Apple, but the apple taste is just too much in Plus.

Tannerman
09-12-2004, 11:09 PM
If you could take the word "rancid" and turn it into a flavor, it would probably taste just like 7-Up Plus. Frankly, a dehydrated man in the desert wouldn't drink this if they were dying from thirst! (OK, maybe not that bad, but my mouth still hasn't forgiven me after trying it).

XLS_04
09-17-2004, 01:16 AM
7up PLUS spotted but I have not yet tried it. It is in 12pack cans, 20oz. bottle, and 2 liter bottle sizes.

Robot
09-17-2004, 03:06 AM
i am still liking 7up plus, but its not amazing... but i do like it and will continue to buy it.

halloaaryn
09-17-2004, 08:48 AM
7up Plus is the worst soda ive tasted since Coke.

SplitLevelP
09-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Tannerman:
If you could take the word "rancid" and turn it into a flavor, it would probably taste just like 7-Up Plus. Frankly, a dehydrated man in the desert wouldn't drink this if they were dying from thirst! (OK, maybe not that bad, but my mouth still hasn't forgiven me after trying it). LOL that was mad funny.I have not seen this yet here but apple juice in soda?!? did I read that right.... :confused: damn that must taste like monkey dung in july.I'll let you know if/when I try it.

BottleBoss
09-20-2004, 08:20 AM
I tried a bottle of this over the weekend and did not like it at all. YUK!

golee1
09-21-2004, 12:20 PM
I also tried it this weekend, unfortunately.

Robot
09-21-2004, 04:54 PM
i am so shocked that so many of you dislike 7up plus...

at the very least, i'd expect you to think it was just "okay" but not something you loved.

i think its a decent flavor, and certainly better than most diet sodas out...

Tannerman
09-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Jimmy, I think you are on your own with this smile.gif

teamtitan512
09-22-2004, 10:56 PM
From what I've been reading, everyone hates 7Up Plus.

From what I've been seeing in the stores in terms of sales, no one is buying 7Up Plus.

If ya ask me, this looks maybe even more doomed than C2 or Edge. At first at least a few people bought into it. This is just a consensus pick to be left on the shelves.

fusion
09-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Coke is dropping C2's price to that of the rest of their lineup (roughly.. per can). So they may yet be able to revive it. I've seen some advance pricing for $1.99 8 packs in one chain -- that works out to be a $3 12 pack. That's not really that bad.

I have seen a lot of women buying Plus. Though it has seemed to slow down since the introduction.

Robot
09-23-2004, 02:15 AM
it seems to be selling well in the stores i go to, but most sodas at launch do.

whether it maintains those sales is another thing, i know myself i have gone through 3 twelve packs already, and am going to have to pick up a 4th soon.. so obviously I am doing my part!

Stackups Immy
09-23-2004, 02:51 AM
7up plus was gross....bad after taste, and all around it tasted a bit..thick

didnt enjoy it at all and was was really looking forward to it too =[

teamtitan512
09-25-2004, 01:11 AM
7Up Plus has appeared here in Western MD, from RC Winchester. Only seen at Food Lion in 2L, 12 packs, and 6 pack 1/2 liters (a weird size to see it in, IMO)

fusion
09-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Is Winchester making their own half liters? I figured they were pushing 24oz as their small bottle package. All the half liters I see around here are produced by Davis. Canada Dry Pennsauken and Potomac don't produce them, they buy from Davis (but Potomac breaks the 6pks down, and sells them loose in coolers, which is really odd!)

Potomac does have Plus in 20oz 6pks, though.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-26-2004, 07:23 PM
i haven't seen 7up plus in half liters yet in michigan, but they have started to make diet a&w, diet sunkist in half liters. also, all diet rite flavors and diet a&w, diet sunkist are now in 20oz. dpsu is really pushing their diet flavors.

The Doomite
10-01-2004, 03:17 AM
Well, I finally got to try 7up Plus, and I must say that whoever thinks it tastes like Berryclear Sprite Remix should have their tastebuds examined. Whereas Berryclear is cool, clean, and refreshing (in my opinion), 7up Plus, while possessing a flavor that could be described as "Mixed Berries", simply misses the flavor mark with me. The first night I tried it, it reminded me of that carbonated punch/sherbet stuff that they serve at weddings. I tried it again last night, and I didn't quite get the same impression, but the one I did get was kind of "off" to me. Needless to say, once I finish this 2-liter bottle (I can't find any 20 oz. bottles of the stuff anywhere around here), I probably will not buy any more 7up Plus. It was a nice try, but it's not for me. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

teamtitan512
10-02-2004, 03:49 AM
They have the 24 oz. ones only in Dr Pepper and Mountain Dew, where they have those. They used to do 7Up in them when PBG had it, but they've stopped. Since we have neither here in Western MD regretfully, we have the 16 oz. that come from either ABC or Davis, depending on the day and brand.

I think Winchester may be done w/dnL. Tonight the local Martin's had ABC-Columbus Cool Packs of dnL, and no regular packs. Interesting that we have more Cool Packs of dnL than most actual ABC territory.

Energydude
10-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Poured some over Vanilla Ice Cream today and it was wonderful!!!!!

Robot
10-08-2004, 04:33 PM
hmmm, really?

that sounds disgusting, but it is quirky enough to warrant a try... i'll try to make a 7up plus float tonight or tomorrow..

teamtitan512
10-08-2004, 08:05 PM
As for C2, Wal-Mart is selling it now for $1.66 an 8 pack, and still people aren't biting. They also have 12 packs of 7Up Plus for $3.58 that no one cares about. It's pretty sad.

Energydude
10-09-2004, 12:14 AM
C2 is a disaster, all those millions and ..... it's just pathetic.

Coke04
10-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Is there any chance of C2 staying around in 20 oz, at least for a while?

golee1
10-10-2004, 01:23 AM
I would guess that C2 in 20 ounce isn't going anywhere, it seems to be a pretty decent seller, the 8-pack is what's bombing.