PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Melon

drpep
05-30-2003, 08:46 PM
At 7-11 I found a Memphis Melon Slurpee from Coca Cola.

Shatter
05-31-2003, 04:52 AM
Sounds odd. What kind of melon was it? Cantaloupe, Honeydew, or Watermelon? Casaba? Santa Claus Melon?

I'm taking a guess, it's watermelon. Since it's made by Coke, I don't think they'd use a whole lot of imagination and come up with any other kind of melon. Besides, watermelon flavoring would be easy to buy ready-made, whereas they'd have to make the other kinds of melon flavors themselves, which might cost them a few pennies more. It's all about profitability.

I had a Coke imported from Holland not too long ago (Where they make it with the same recipe from right after Coke stopped using cocaine). And tasting the difference between modern Coke in a can and Holland Coke in that massively heavy glass bottle makes you realise just how little American Coke bottlers care about their customers. It's like night and day. Holland Coke's carbonated two and a half times higher than American Coke. It burns your nose if you drink it too fast, just like when I was a little kid. There's such a difference in quality and flavor, you'd swear they were two different unrelated sodas. It's also why I just can't drink Coke too much anymore. It's just too disappointing to drink an American Coke.

drpep
06-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Shatter:
[QB]Sounds odd. What kind of melon was it? Cantaloupe, Honeydew, or Watermelon? Casaba? Santa Claus Melon?[QB]HOW THE F*+K SHOULD I KNOW? :confused: :mad:

drpep
06-01-2003, 09:32 PM
Hey, just kidding with ya :D My guess was the Slurpee was made with leftover Mello Yello Melon syrup smile.gif

Shatter
06-02-2003, 08:36 PM
I didn't see the Memphis Melon at 7-11, but I finally broke down and tried out Mountain Dew's Blue Shock Slurpee. I like it a lot! It tastes like Jolt's Electric Blue, but a little stronger. I give it 4 out of 5. Nice.

PopNutz
06-02-2003, 09:43 PM
This is funny because in Memphis you won't find any melons growing and there are no 7-11's to be found. :confused:

T.I.A.
06-02-2003, 09:58 PM
No 7-11s in Memphis? That's almost as blasphemous as saying there are no McDonalds in Kandahar!

Unbelievable...

fusion
06-03-2003, 08:37 PM
You also can't buy Delaware Punch in Delaware.

turtleboy
06-04-2003, 07:25 PM
And you can't buy Cuba Cola in Cuba.

PopNutz
06-05-2003, 09:23 PM
I wish I lived close to some 7-11's. I still get a craving every now and then for a good ole Slurpee.

I still have a ton of the old Slurpee cups from when I was a kid with all the superheros on them and I think I still have some sports figures slurpee cups. In fact I have a life size cut out of Spider-Man holding a Slurpee cup that hung from the ceiling of the local 7-11 from back in the 70's. I wonder what that is worth today?