PDA

View Full Version : Coke Zero making its way to the ballpark...

Doug
08-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Went to the game today and was surprised to see that all the stands that carry 20oz PET Coke sodas now carried Coke Zero-Now, usually selection of drinks is very limited, and you can usually only find core brands-Coke, Diet Coke, Dasani Water...but Coke Zero has now made its way into the mix...I'm not sure what this means, maybe Philly Coke is liking the sales numbers and is starting to really push the product...?

The King
08-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Stadium sales can be used to help push new products. I know when I worked at Anaheim Stadium that they sold Pepsi Blue in 20oz bottles shortly after its debut.

popologist
08-18-2006, 08:45 PM
well, they're trying to aim coke zero at males... and you'll find a lot of those at ball games. so...

Doug
08-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
well, they're trying to aim coke zero at males... and you'll find a lot of those at ball games. so... Still, you have a very limited number of products that are distributed there...I mean, even Sprite isn't carried, and we all know how popular that is...

Mr Zabe
08-18-2006, 09:55 PM
LOL
I remember way back in the 70's, getting water downed 7up during the late innings of Chicago Cub games. It was like drinking ice cold quasi lemon water. LOL It was refreshing and ahead of it's beverage time. LOL

[ 08-18-2006, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

bselig
08-20-2006, 11:40 PM
What stadiums were you attending that sold Coke products? PepsiCo is one of MLB's national sponsors, and I only see their products at the concession stand fountains.

DMC
08-21-2006, 01:05 PM
coca-cola is pushing coke-zero for one last hurrah. that's why you're seeing all the coupons for free 2-liters and free 20's whenever you buy a 12-pack or a 20oz coke. putting coke zero in ballparks is just another way of getting it out there.

Doug
08-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by bselig:
What stadiums were you attending that sold Coke products? PepsiCo is one of MLB's national sponsors, and I only see their products at the concession stand fountains. Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia)

popologist
08-21-2006, 04:22 PM
coke needs to stop beating around the bush and just tell the truth: coke zero just tastes better.