PDA

View Full Version : Black Bear Soda



drpep
09-14-2004, 08:30 PM
I was reading a supermarket trade publication and Black Bear Soda in Wisconson was mentioned. A Google search did not turn up much. Anyone know anything about Black Bear?

fusion
09-14-2004, 10:00 PM
http://www.packworld.com/articles/Features/15704.html

They sell within 500 miles of their Oak Creek, Wisconsin plant (located just south of Milwaukee). 80% of their business is retail. Half of that is their brands of bottled water, lemonade, and soda. And half is private label. The other 20% of their business is BIB and premix tanks.

They do 12oz NR glass, and 20oz/1L PET. No cans, no multipacks. 25 flavors of soda.

They also recently added a second PET line that also can produce 2L in addition to 1L and 20oz.

In 2002 they produced 250,000 cases of PET and 65,000 cases of glass.

http://www.jsonline.com/bym/news/jul01/bear22072101.asp

Average price is about 70 cents a 20oz.

Some of the flavors include cola, cream, cherry, pina colada, green ice, peach, and blue raspberry.

They are sold at mostly mom and pop operations, but they are also carried in Targets in SE Wisconsin and Jewel-Osco in metro Milwaukee.

They sell a premium line, Caruso's Legacy -- named after the founders. Two flavors, root beer and cream.

Black Bear Bottling Group, LLC.
2025 WEST SOUTHBRANCH BLVD.
OAK CREEK, WI 53154
414-302-5660

Shatter
09-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Green Ice? What flavor would that one have?